Your old school snack?

Hapo

Dog Boy
...one of my favorites is chicken liver benedict with asparagus for breakfast...

...havnt'e had any since I lived in NH in '79...

pimpslayer

BAMF+
A friend worked his summer at a ravioli factory when we were 18-19. He would bring us tons of fresh and delicious ravioli but he couldn't touch one after a couple weeks working there.
My Junior year in High School, I worked in the back of a Supermarket at the Bakery. Come in, clean up and wash all the pots and pans. Sometimes, they would leave a big tray of Cream Puffs or Custard Puffs that needed filled. Some would blowout and need to be eaten in order to hide the evidence.

After I left there, I couldn't look a donut or a pastry in the face for over 10 years. About all I could tolerate would be an occasional cookie.

Freaked out the guys at the Sheriff's Department when I would pass on a box of donuts...:lol:

rumble phish

BAMF+
yeah I probably should have completed my train of thought... is that delicacy you posted comparable to anything stateside? Is it filled with marshmellow goo?
They sell them at Costco. My Mother-in-law's favorite. I don't really care for them. They're "okay".

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Having grown up in Thailand, my wife can't relate to anything posted here- her 'old school snack' would have been something like mango with chili peppers in it... I don't do chips much anymore, but these were just introduced and look interesting- doubt you'll see 'em State-side:

98FA5203-A8D2-4F06-9B96-3687D2B7A6DF.jpeg

Hapo

Dog Boy
….they don't have chickens in Thailand…???...

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Yea well.. There was no school lunch in romania.
You had to wait till u got home to eat. Too much eating not enough studying, the american way.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...that was probably a good thing...have you seen what passes for food in an American school cafeteria...?!?...

...that was probably a good thing...have you seen what passes for food in an American school cafeteria...?!?...
the best was cutting the corners off various $20 bills and taping them to the corner of a $1 bill... then buy lunch at the school cafeteria...lol

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I remember the cut corner 20's...:lol:

Top Bottom