You guys that are cooking turkeys......

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
What is your method of choice? I either deep fried or smoked them for years. Then one fateful day I went to my sister's for Thanksgiving and my Brother in law was cooking on one of these.

He always fried his prior to that, so he didn't know what the results would be. It was positive to say the least, and I knew me jackassing around with keeping my temp right on my smoker overnight was done. I also knew my fryer was a gone bitch, and buying big jugs of peanut oil were over.

A $79.99 (at that time, maybe more now) game changer.....

Any of youse guys cook on one? (Charbroil "Big Easy" πŸ˜€)

Fever500

BAMF
I have used Alton Brown's recipe last 2 years and it's the best turkey we've had.
Brine it for 16 hours.
Hit it for 30 minutes at 500 degrees.
Cover breast with foil and cook at 3 fiddy until 155 degrees. About 2 hours or so.

Here's one I did on Saturday ...

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

I have used Alton Brown's recipe last 2 years and it's the best turkey we've had.
Brine it for 16 hours.
Cover breast with foil and cook at 3 fiddy until 155 degrees. About 2 hours or so.

View attachment 468101
That mf looks ON POINT.....πŸ‘

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

My idea, is to stay out of the kitchen and come to the table when wife says it's ready. (I do make great mashed potatoes)
Other than microwaving πŸ˜€, my cooking is done outdoors/in the shop. I could cook in the kitchen if I had to, but I don't. My wife is an excellent cook, and I let her do her thing. πŸ‘

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
The missus cooks them breast side down in those oven bags....last hour right side up under foil to finish.
Not a big turkey fan, but they are always juicyπŸ‘

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

We'll have a couple of turkey breasts at the cabin in Pigeon Forge, and a pecan topped sweet potato casserole.... 😍 ...but I don't eat nuts...:sad:
You guys will have a blast Dan! I hope the Lincoln pulls the grade up to the cabin....πŸ˜€

My wife and I had a good chuckle about that, she and I could relate to it for sure....πŸ‘

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

that propane air fryer is tits! i love doing backstrap/loins in it...just hang them from the top!
It really is, and the price of admission is DIRT CHEAP, ysr_racer ysr_racer would even dole out the cost without the slightest hesitation...πŸ˜€

You ever done any drunk chickens in yours?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
We already had "Thanksgiving" diner here. Had it Saturday because of "family stuff", more on that in January. I'll be home alone all weekend starting Wednesday night. :up:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Ill drive up for a knife .. Ill even sit in the hot tub before anyone... And make sure its warm enough......
I'm sure that would be alright, even though it's my brother in laws cabin. And he just replaced the hot tub this summer, bears tore the other one up. :eek:

Who knew bears liked to take a soak...?

They would literally tear the top off and get in...no shit.

RollieFree

BAMF
Brine it for 16 hours.

View attachment 468101
Just did this one. Perfect. Least amount of time and hassle of any I done. I’ll be using this for awhile.
Many thanks.
RF

scottcolbath

BAMF+
What is your method of choice? I either deep fried or smoked them for years. Then one fateful day I went to my sister's for Thanksgiving and my Brother in law was cooking on one of these.

View attachment 46808

He always fried his prior to that, so he didn't know what the results would be. It was positive to say the least, and I knew me jackassing around with keeping my temp right on my smoker overnight was done. I also knew my fryer was a gone bitch, and buying big jugs of peanut oil were over.

A $79.99 (at that time, maybe more now) game changer.....

Any of youse guys cook on one? (Charbroil "Big Easy" πŸ˜€)
My GF has one and loves it. Her only gripe is it could be larger.

S.C.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

My GF has one and loves it. Her only gripe is it could be larger.

S.C.
There used to be a 3 in 1 version that was bigger, got a buddy who has one and he likes it. Mine is good up to a 16lb. bird per the manual, but you can exceed that a bit. I won't go over 18-19 pounds in mine.

Top Bottom