you can not have a clean car in Georgia

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Spent today doing a quick one step correction and a graphine coating.. took most of the day as I also detailed the engine compartment and all trim....

20230123_092255.jpg

Decided to take some pictures in the grass of the car complete...

20230123_150403.jpg20230123_150423.jpg

Go to move the car and feel the tires spin ...

Before I get stuck I backed the car through the soft grass/mud and drive back to the drive way .....
20230123_150454.jpg

Now I see why every one drives a shitty pick up down here.

Should have paid more attention to my cousin Vinny about Georgia mud.
20230123_150732.jpg

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Ha! Wait until all the pine pollen gets blowing. Even the inside will be covered with it!

I went through that last year. It's insane to learn I have pollen allergies I never knew i had before moving here.

Last edited:

BigBusa

BAMF+
Its funny because its true!

I've got a load of crap in my truck bed (from cleaning the garage) that needs to go to the landfill but I refuse to go there unless it's been dry for a good week. Otherwise, it's a fucking mud pit there. It's been a couple weeks now and I can't find a break in the rain/mud weather.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
You hadda know there was gonna be give-and-take moving to the South. Yeah, maybe you can't keep your car clean, but at least you can marry your sister. 🤷‍♂️

Bro I'm the youngest my one sister is 70 and the other 68. They are way past their prime. Not that I am in to the southern practice of keeping it in the family. :)

I stick with the imports.

The town doesn't know what to make when I get one flown in for a week. They ain't see nothing like that stuff here

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
I used to have a 50 foot Douglas fir that would totally dust my cars with that yellow crap within minutes of washing the car. I miss the smell of the tree but not the mess

Bandit Man

BAMF
Its funny because its true!

I've got a load of crap in my truck bed (from cleaning the garage) that needs to go to the landfill but I refuse to go there unless it's been dry for a good week. Otherwise, it's a fucking mud pit there. It's been a couple weeks now and I can't find a break in the rain/mud weather.
That is a job for a U-Haul pickup.

BigBusa

BAMF+
I used to have a 50 foot Douglas fir that would totally dust my cars with that yellow crap within minutes of washing the car. I miss the smell of the tree but not the mess
Im with you. I had every single leafy tree removed from the front of our property because of the mess. No more leaves... from our property at least. The fucking neighbor who refuses to remove any of his trees... all his leaves blow onto our lawn. I can either be a dick & blow them back over there... where they'll eventually be blown back over here because he wont pick them up OR I can suck them up with my mower/bagger and take them to the landfill.

BigBusa

BAMF+
That is a job for a U-Haul pickup.
A 2wd uhaul truck would get soooo stuck in our landfill. My young, handsome, sexy, dark, tan, tasty Latino landscaper got stuck in my dually there. Luckily, someone saw him spinning mud everywhere and went over to help. They showed him how to turn the switch and put it in 4wd. LOL

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Insane prices. For concrete down here.
Yeah, I'm afraid the days of $100 / yard are over. Around here, I've been told by a couple people that you haven't even been able to order any unless you're a regular customer (contractor) since the pandemic started.
I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm going to find out in a few months. I need a lot of concrete around here, and it's going to cost me dearly for having put it off for a few years.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Are you shitting me? How much does a fucking yard of concrete cost these days?!/
I just did my driveway, side yard with the neighbor and small runners in the back for my RV in pavers...
about 4500 sq ft of area. I was getting concrete quotes in the mid 20s.
I had 4 different paver quotes... all within a few hundy of each other.
I picked the one company that actually had a crew vs subbing it out. Still took them 6 weeks to finish. All in it was 18k for materials and labor.

BigBusa

BAMF+
I just did my driveway, side yard with the neighbor and small runners in the back for my RV in pavers...
about 4500 sq ft of area. I was getting concrete quotes in the mid 20s.
I had 4 different paver quotes... all within a few hundy of each other.
I picked the one company that actually had a crew vs subbing it out. Still took them 6 weeks to finish. All in it was 18k for materials and labor.
pics?

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
thats gone up like 4x what it was 16 months ago.
I used to be able to get 5 tons of 57 stone for $150 delivered... its now $650
The price of materials like stone, sand, dirt depends on how far you live from the source.
Around here I can get 22 tons of #57 stone for $450 delivered.
Concrete is up to $175/Cu Yd delivered.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
The price of materials like stone, sand, dirt depends on how far you live from the source.
Around here I can get 22 tons of #57 stone for $450 delivered.
Concrete is up to $175/Cu Yd delivered.
yeah we are kind of in a squeeze right now. Lots of multi family complexes going up.
the recycling plant is within 40 miles and there must be 30-40 dumpsters of old sidewalks and driveways trucked there
everyday. The paver plant is about 22 miles from my house.

BigBusa

BAMF+
...I am surprised that it looks kind of shit hole...hopefully it is nicer inside...

...it looks like the driveway is the home's best feature...
You don't find that the old 5 gallon buckets, traffic cones, missing shutters and large garbage containers add to the curb appeal? :D

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I would live there.

Just started looking for a place in FL.

Top Bottom