Yamaha attempting to resuscitate sportbike market?

C. Dolan

BAMF+
good for them,
I hope this is a home run like the other econobikes they have introduced

View attachment 65461
My FZ 07 has been a worthy ride on Palomar.👍
I just hope the post 2020 trend of making the ECU not able to be flashed doesn't affect this bike.
1 1/2 year later, nobody has been able to crack the ECU on the Kaw Z H 2.
Dec 2020, the EPA supposedly banned the import of
"Non Homologated " non cat exhausts.
1 reason I bought a bunch of 2019 and 2020 bikes last year.😈

ZRX4ME

BAMF
RE: " Who gives a shit " ?
Anybody I passed going down Palomar, Montezuma Grade , or Banner Grade. 😈
I had a DRZ400SM, it was amazing to wring that little shit around corners, but in the end, it was lacking the Horsepower fun factor. I don't care if your Rossi and can whip everybody, it's more enjoyable to have a 110+hp bike IMO.

Last edited:

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I has a DRZ400SM, it was amazing to wring that little shit around corners, but in the end, it was lacking the Horsepower fun factor. I don't care if your Rossi and can whip everybody, it's more enjoyable to have a 110+hp bike IMO.
A friend of mine won a club race on a DRZ400... running 3 seconds a lap faster. Some nitwit was going to tear down protest him... costs $500 but the loud mouf never paid and the win stood.

Terry_Schiavo

Street riding is a horsepower game for sure. Hence the huge population of liter bikes with 2" chicken strips. Smaller bikes in the right place are really fun, and you can work on skills a bit easier.
If I had $1 for every street riding leader bike hero that Ive offered to come show me what you can do on a 7hp mini bike... first its "um uh um" followed by "I dont have leathers and dont want to scratch my helmet". Whats worse... the grom contingent... 1/2 of who are making monthly payments on their clown bike... dont have any protective gear.
There are maybe 5-7 dealerships/shops in ALL of FL that have any regular trackday events. Theres alot more that cater to side x sides and dirtbikes.

OP
whipit1K

whipit1K

BAMF
I had a DRZ400SM, it was amazing to wring that little shit around corners, but in the end, it was lacking the Horsepower fun factor. I don't care if your Rossi and can whip everybody, it's more enjoyable to have a 110+hp bike IMO.
That blah 400SM is a weapon at Deal's gap and the many similar mountain roads in the area

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
If I had $1 for every street riding leader bike hero that Ive offered to come show me what you can do on a 7hp mini bike... first its "um uh um" followed by "I dont have leathers and dont want to scratch my helmet". Whats worse... the grom contingent... 1/2 of who are making monthly payments on their clown bike... dont have any protective gear.
There are maybe 5-7 dealerships/shops in ALL of FL that have any regular trackday events. Theres alot more that cater to side x sides and dirtbikes.
It's all good IMO, as long as people are getting out there. Saturday night cruise, or race MotoAmerica, if they're having a good time I dig it.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
yamaha makes a SV650S in 2022. Progress is amazing.:roll:
No, Yamaha made an SV650R, which is something Suzuki never really did.

The SV650 was a good little bike in it's day, but that was 1999. Then Kawasaki one-upped it in 2006 with the 650 Ninja. Now it's Yamaha's turn, their bike has the superior head design right now.

OP
whipit1K

whipit1K

BAMF
Kawasaki's KLX300 will give the DRZ400's fits.
20 year newer design pitted against twentieth century sort of OK dual purpose bike.
LOL The KLX300 is a turd based very closely on the nearly 30 year old KLX250. look closely at the engine and frame on the green bike vs. the black one, and know that the green bike is a 1993 model. the 300 is a mildly punched out, fuel injected 1993 model

Attach files65477

Terry_Schiavo

It's all good IMO, as long as people are getting out there. Saturday night cruise, or race MotoAmerica, if they're having a good time I dig it.
powersports, over all, is way up. Motorcycles as a segment... down a lil. No inventory makes it even harder.
Local marinas... have 8-10 months worth of deposits for 2022 model boats. The market is just crazy.

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Curmudgeon in your old age...... it’s not like they are Ducati owners parking it in the corners

tinhead

Has never named a pet
LOL The KLX300 is a turd based very closely on the nearly 30 year old KLX250. look closely at the engine and frame on the green bike vs. the black one, and know that the green bike is a 1993 model. the 300 is a mildly punched out, fuel injected 1993 model

View attachment 65476

Attach filesView attachment 65477
It's what's inside that counts.
Back to back rides, the KLX doesn't give up anything to a DR 650 up to nearly 100 kph.
A drz400 is a lumbering hulk in comparison.

Top Bottom