Wow my car insurance company sent me a refund check

When I got my mail yesterday I thought my car/truck insurance company AAA was sending me a notice to increase my auto insurance but was surprise to get a refund check.

Anyone else get a refund check from your auto insurance company.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
With all the non-essential Dad's out there stuck at home, starting new DIY projects, it's a wonder that home insurance didn't go sky high.

Stetson

BAMF
I got one for my worker's comp policy recently. :up:

I used to get refund checks from car insurance all the time, back when I was wheeling and dealing with $500 shitbox cars. Those were for pretty small amounts, though.

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Shelter also sent me some checks... one for each auto policy. The note said: "Because you're traveling less..." when I'm actually not. Well, maybe a tiny bit. I don't leave the house much regardless of social climate.

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Shelter has a "infrequent use" option (fewer than 10K/yr?), but you have to have at least one "normal use" vehicle on your policy. I already have that for everything I can.

My recent checks were a one time thing, not a monthly break in price.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Gf was told they are moving to WFH permanently. She is not pleased. She loves the drama of being around back stabby gossipy girls. Go figure.

I told her she needs to contact her insurance and let them know she's driving about 20 miles a month now, see what they offer.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
My wife now works from home! Added aboot 20% to our electric bill, and everything else. So, it costs me more money for her to work from home. Not a lot, but still.
On the positive side, the dogs probably likes it, and she is the de-facto security security guard, fire alarm.

Mom got 20% off the next couple months from Geico. I haven't seen anything from USAA.

Makes sense, if there are a lot less vehicle accidents over the last few months, the insurance companies aren't really "losing" out by cutting us a break.

Wish the HOAs had the same idea.

Top Bottom