Working on a KTM

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Is liking working on a scooter..take this off to get to that bolt.. the stock exhaust was a pain
.. the Tekmo was a breeze to install..

Now I have to put all the Dyna stuff on 4 boxes worth 15579513163724485394040451141921.jpg

RobBase

BAMF
I'm telling you.....Bren Tuning.
No need for all that stuff. Mines coming off soon. Shit if you want, return yours and I'll sell you mine for 40cents on the dollar.

BigHock

BAMF
My brother axed me once to help change the oil on his 1190 Adventure. What a dumb process that was.

Easier to adjust the ‘squish’ on my 250, and that requires head removal. Not that I personally do it, but you get the idea...

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm telling you.....Bren Tuning.
No need for all that stuff. Mines coming off soon. Shit if you want, return yours and I'll sell you mine for 40cents on the dollar.
I went back and forth on it between the flash and the stage 6 .... I'm going to see what my numbers on the tune are then see if I I'm headed to Massachusetts Or not

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Oil changes are easy... odd but easy.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Whats the purpose of the ignition module? Almost 100% sure you can fuck with the timing via the Power Commander 5.

Master-Cylinder

I also like playing Find The Drain Plug on Harleys. Some are just hoses clamped to plugs on the frame. The newest ones are in different places than the older ones.

Changed the final drive oil on a 1974 Moto Guzzi last week. It doesn't have a drain plug, you have to take the bottom of the gear case off!

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I also like playing Find The Drain Plug on Harleys. Some are just hoses clamped to plugs on the frame. The newest ones are in different places than the older ones.

Changed the final drive oil on a 1974 Moto Guzzi last week. It doesn't have a drain plug, you have to take the bottom of the gear case off!
FXRs, and Softails have that dick you pull out to drain the oil. Not sure if it's a great idea, or a bad one.

S.C.

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

FXRs, and Softails have that dick you pull out to drain the oil. Not sure if it's a great idea, or a bad one.

S.C.

S.C.

It's OK until the hose gets old and breaks while you're going down the road and dumps the oil out on the rear tyre.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Looks like its two day job.. it's basically back together just have to wire the auto tune and run some connections to the PCv. .. I was getting tired and didnt want to fuck things up by rushing it.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Well that didnt work...

My fault for trying to do it all at onmce.. should have put pipe on and the PC5 ... make sure it ran... THEN did the Ingnition ...start it make sure it ran... then do the Auto tun..

Well let me pull it apart and figure out what I fucked upped.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Just back from a test.. map one not bad a little slow judging by the seat of the pants but much better then stock.

Throw the little Ranger mini van Switch and activate map 2 and you have yourself a way different animal.. pipe weight is just over 12 pounds ... stock was around 30 with that motor for the exhaust valve and cables..

I dont like the look of the resenator... pretty much a RIP off of the Ak. with a slightly deeper sound.

I eliminated the auto tune... at least for now.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Oh getting rid of the cat did one strange thing.. rolling at 75 80 the bike delt like it was on knobbies. A sort of vibration resenting through the bike.. that is now gone

Top Bottom