Work Truck

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I parked it in the garage. It's too nice to use. The window seals. The door seals everything inside and out looks brand new.

The paint is flawless, has to be factory. All the panels are perfect, the marriage lines are exact. How can this be? There's a few minor scratches in the bed, but no dents.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I hope you get it one of those fancy 1 year paint seal things because a pretty little truck like this should stay pretty.
Unless you use it like RZ350 RZ350 and then it's a goner. :D

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

454?

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

Would the 5.3 handle some boost?

RZ350

BAMF+
One of my friends has a '63 Nova street car with a junkyard $800 140K mile 6.0 LQ4, 4l80E and a 9 inch Ford, he ran it this weekend for the first time in the 1/4, first pass with 6.5 PSI got him 10.90 @ 131 MPH, he said he has to work on the front suspension, it apparently is a handful... ;)

...and check out sloppy mechanics on youtube, Matt is a trip, here's an example:

Austin_F

BAMF+
I believe the 6L lq4 is easily found in work vans as well. Most junkyards should have some.

RZ350

BAMF+
There are kits and there is every part available seperate also, tons of tuning maps and info also for free, there is a large group of people running this set up, lots of really good info available.

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
140K 2002 silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison.
can't say it's been flawless but i'd never sell it.

Got first set of injectors (warranty) at 45K. Fuckers used rebuilt injectors; warranty sheet said new. I found out they were rebuilds when I redid them myself at 95K with new injector lines, brand new upgraded Bosch injectors. New high pressure fuel pump regulator (absolute cunt of a job to do w/o pulling motor/heads).

My vehicle has CA emissions. Every single microfiche parts lookup I've seen says the CA emissions started in 03 or later. SO I have never been able to order parts that are intake/emission related. Had an emissions code I couldn't clear- cost $700 parts and labor and the part number for the intake heater that was replaced doesn't exist. The part does, tho.

Aside from the Allison blowing up at 35K miles and me getting a brand new one (warranty), it's had the air injection pump (emissions again) go, injectors x 2 (approx $4500 each time- he book says 20 hours labor to change. I personally did the last set and I'll NEVER FUCKING DO THAT AGAIN.

The glow plugs should be replaced routinely at 35K or so to avoid them swelling. I had one swell and I could NOT get it out. There is a special puller but since where I live isn't cold, I don't really need the GP but they cycle each time I start anyway for emissions. I left it loose hoping the compression would blow it out. It didn't, but I kinda forgot to screw it back in. Two years later, it blew out. At 0200 on a highway pitch black in the middle of nowhere. I instantly knew what that sound (kinda like the sound your engine makes when your muffler falls off) was. Luckily, I had the replacement GP in my center console. Bummer for me, it was the left rear GP and was a right cunt to get back in. Took a 10mm small box wrench and 45 mins at least moving it one flat at a time and having to remove and replace the wrench after each twist. Fuck.

GP heater controller is a problem. replaced it twice. Only reason is when it fails it throws a check engine light code and with that lit you won't pass emissions which they started doing on Diesel trucks in CA oh say 2008. So when it's emissions time I have to replace it.

Front end is weak. done both front wheel bearing assemblies- kind of a cunt since you need something capable of >600 ft lbs to break the 4 bolts holding it on.

Still throwing error code for the ABS sensor on the right. I guess the chinks didn't do it right. I/m not replacing it just to satisfy an idiot light.

Rear brakes are stock pads. I check em, but they don't wear. And I've towed heavy trailers. I replaced the fronts just because I didn't believe they could be 12 years old and >100K and still be working. They were fine; should have left em alone.

Interior: the window cranks will go at 15 years or 120K. They are 20 bucks on amazon. easy if time consuming replacement. Button surrounds tend to fall out. Speakers will degrade and fail quickly.

Interior leather and pleather is thick and strong.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
One of my friends has a '63 Nova street car with a junkyard $800 140K mile 6.0 LQ4, 4l80E and a 9 inch Ford, he ran it this weekend for the first time in the 1/4, first pass with 6.5 PSI got him 10.90 @ 131 MPH, he said he has to work on the front suspension, it apparently is a handful... ;)

...and check out sloppy mechanics on youtube, Matt is a trip, here's an example:
And I thought I was cool having that same body Fairmont Futura and dropping in the complete drivetrain and more from a late 80's 5.0 Mustang. That was the smoothest 9.68 @144 pass I could imagine, damn!

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

Sometime this week I'll talk things over with the mechanic and get started on a engine build w/ turbo. 550 hp on pump gas, and still mannerly to drive.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
I’m sure diggin this whole boost thing, the sloppy mechanic guys are over the top boosting some of those jalopies. I’m real tempted to buy this cream puff with 12,000 miles on it down in Mass. and have some fun with it...or just drive it cause it’s so funky and ugly :up:

C77EBBBC-54A2-469A-962A-3E044C03F875.jpeg

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/57923854

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

My new job description is "liquidator ", with no logging, fish boat on the auction block, 1 house sold, nother house for sale, 1 developed residential lot sold, 3 residential listed.

I'm wearing dockers instead of blue jeans, and busy packing checks to the bank. For that I NEED a spiffy looking ride with good power.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
With a proper cell phone, and cell service, and WIFI, and some software, you could just take pictures of the checks, and Bob's your uncle!

The AI says that's the most efficient way...

sailUSVI

sailUSVI

My new job description is "liquidator ", with no logging, fish boat on the auction block, 1 house sold, nother house for sale, 1 developed residential lot sold, 3 residential listed.

I'm wearing dockers instead of blue jeans, and busy packing checks to the bank. For that I NEED a spiffy looking ride with good power.
Amen brother :up: :neo::biggar:

Vegas12

BAMF+
just bought it, 4 grand....:smashtard:

I like it!!!

Don't know your engine plans, but it never came with a 4.9L 6 cylinder(300 cid) that's in the ad.....it would be the 200cid (3.3L) straight 6.

It's a Fox chassis, I have the 5.0L K member if you wanted to do a V8 swap.....don't know how to get it to you, but it's yours if you want it.

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

Have you lit a fire in the el cool mino? The last pic you sent looked good.

BigGar

high on placebo

BilletMan

BAMF+
Good grief, Simon, that's a nightmare! How the hell can you have any allegiance to that piece of shit? Are you bored and need super frustrating challenges in your life??
140K 2002 silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison.
can't say it's been flawless but i'd never sell it.

Got first set of injectors (warranty) at 45K. Fuckers used rebuilt injectors; warranty sheet said new. I found out they were rebuilds when I redid them myself at 95K with new injector lines, brand new upgraded Bosch injectors. New high pressure fuel pump regulator (absolute cunt of a job to do w/o pulling motor/heads).

My vehicle has CA emissions. Every single microfiche parts lookup I've seen says the CA emissions started in 03 or later. SO I have never been able to order parts that are intake/emission related. Had an emissions code I couldn't clear- cost $700 parts and labor and the part number for the intake heater that was replaced doesn't exist. The part does, tho.

Aside from the Allison blowing up at 35K miles and me getting a brand new one (warranty), it's had the air injection pump (emissions again) go, injectors x 2 (approx $4500 each time- he book says 20 hours labor to change. I personally did the last set and I'll NEVER FUCKING DO THAT AGAIN.

The glow plugs should be replaced routinely at 35K or so to avoid them swelling. I had one swell and I could NOT get it out. There is a special puller but since where I live isn't cold, I don't really need the GP but they cycle each time I start anyway for emissions. I left it loose hoping the compression would blow it out. It didn't, but I kinda forgot to screw it back in. Two years later, it blew out. At 0200 on a highway pitch black in the middle of nowhere. I instantly knew what that sound (kinda like the sound your engine makes when your muffler falls off) was. Luckily, I had the replacement GP in my center console. Bummer for me, it was the left rear GP and was a right cunt to get back in. Took a 10mm small box wrench and 45 mins at least moving it one flat at a time and having to remove and replace the wrench after each twist. Fuck.

GP heater controller is a problem. replaced it twice. Only reason is when it fails it throws a check engine light code and with that lit you won't pass emissions which they started doing on Diesel trucks in CA oh say 2008. So when it's emissions time I have to replace it.

Front end is weak. done both front wheel bearing assemblies- kind of a cunt since you need something capable of >600 ft lbs to break the 4 bolts holding it on.

Still throwing error code for the ABS sensor on the right. I guess the chinks didn't do it right. I/m not replacing it just to satisfy an idiot light.

Rear brakes are stock pads. I check em, but they don't wear. And I've towed heavy trailers. I replaced the fronts just because I didn't believe they could be 12 years old and >100K and still be working. They were fine; should have left em alone.

Interior: the window cranks will go at 15 years or 120K. They are 20 bucks on amazon. easy if time consuming replacement. Button surrounds tend to fall out. Speakers will degrade and fail quickly.

Interior leather and pleather is thick and strong.

sailUSVI

Drove down to pick it up, I passed...no way it had 12,000 orig miles. I knew better than to trust a used car dealer :girl-wacko:

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

Hmmmm... labusa street outlaw challenge?

I'm in charge and get to make the rules.

BilletMan

BAMF+
No way. You're way too stubborn and unaccepting of common sense stuff/ways that don't agree with yours. Then you throw a fit when people don't agree with you. Recall your on-and-on bs about Boyle's law (contact patch), and reducing an engine's rotating mass increases it's power output...:dash2::dash2::dash2:

Nope, such a contest couldn't work under your "rules".....
Hmmmm... labusa street outlaw challenge?

I'm in charge and get to make the rules.

Stetson

BAMF
I'm slipping. This is a work truck thread. I forgot to add my favorite clip from a semi-local race track, a guy hooning his 3/4 ton plow truck at a spectator drags night.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
I’m sure diggin this whole boost thing, the sloppy mechanic guys are over the top boosting some of those jalopies. I’m real tempted to buy this cream puff with 12,000 miles on it down in Mass. and have some fun with it...or just drive it cause it’s so funky and ugly :up:

View attachment 23910

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/57923854
That is BEGGING for Fox Body Mustang drivetrain and suspension and more...do it! Get some nice OEM Mustang wheels with good rubber, light tint on the windows and just rip around town.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Wifey sez chink blowing a small block truck is a really stupid thing to do.
The idea seems better every minute to me. :inlove1a:

Top Bottom