Wood Construction Products, Pricing?

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Are you guy's seeing significant price raises on plywood and lumber?

BilletMan

BAMF+
Waiting for a kick-ass SNAIL rebound!! If it happens real soon, go vote for President Donald Trump?

I haven't bought any lumber this year, but this past week I was talking with a guy who needs to build a few docks (works at a marina), and he said he can't even get the treated lumber to do it right. Northeast Ohio.
He said he knows deck builders who have to go to three different suppliers just to get enough material to build a single deck.

Last edited:
OP
Snail

Snail

I wonder about sustainability of market. I dont want to invest a gob of restart money and then get the rug jerked out like last time. Theres no export market to fall back on, and the domestic market order for logs can be cancelled anytime the mill chooses.

Im thinking its a bubble, created by diys projects from stay at homes. Not an upturn in the economy.

Its fire season. High risk, expensive insurance, fragile economy. I might sit this one out.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
5 and a quarter board is so scarce and expensive here(we had a tornado at Easter) I might use 2x 6 ... Looks tacky in a way but a hell of a lot stronger for the same price...

Osb is now as expensive as blue plus... Might as well buy blue plus.

Jim N

BAM
Probably a combination of that and bumps in the supply chain due to Covid shutdowns and transportation issues.

OP
Snail

Snail

VC, they write a thirty day non binding p.o. which means they won't change the price on logs they accept, but they can quit buying at any time.

Top Bottom