Wind Power, finally coming to the East coast ? Maybe Motorcycles can make wind power...

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Time to invest in the Wind Industry ?

“The U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has already awarded more than a dozen leases for offshore wind sites along the East Coast”

“Thomas Brostrom, president of Orsted’s North American unit, said in an interview that New Jersey will “reap the rewards of being an early player in the offshore wind industry as it grows in the U.S.”

Orsted Wins New Jersey Contract as Offshore Wind Poised to Boom – gCaptain

....These guys (NPCC) are the mammoth player in rig and related equipment construction and Engineering.

“We are looking at developing a new sector, which is renewable energy, and focusing on offshore wind,” Al Dhaheri said in Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates. “We are looking to fabricate and install electrical distribution structures for offshore wind farms. We have the required resources and engineering capabilities.”

Abu Dhabi Rig Builder Plans Expansion Into Offshore Wind Power – gCaptain

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
As long as they put the fuckers way out in the water so they're not seen from shore and chopping up byrds.
They can also put a nail in the coal coffin.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Back in the olden days in rural area people had "Wind Chargers" on their farms and cabins. They could run radios, lights and towards the end appliances. Then the REA act was signed in the mid 30's and put and end to wind chargers.
And how do I know this? Because as a kid in BFE South Dakota I'd see these weird looking windmills that had what I thought were motors on them. Either my father or grandfather gave me the lowdown on them.
One thing the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, and other plains states had plenty of was wind.

Anyone remember Ready Kilowatt?

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Aantic city has a bunch of them up and running

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Back in the olden days in rural area people had "Wind Chargers" on their farms and cabins. They could run radios, lights and towards the end appliances. Then the REA act was signed in the mid 30's and put and end to wind chargers.
And how do I know this? Because as a kid in BFE South Dakota I'd see these weird looking windmills that had what I thought were motors on them. Either my father or grandfather gave me the lowdown on them.
One thing the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, and other plains states had plenty of was wind.

Anyone remember Ready Kilowatt?
And they had to have a bank of old flooded cell batteries to charge up during the day so you could listen to the Charlie McCarthy radio show at night.

I never understood how a ventriloquist dummy got his own radio show...:lol:

Austin_F

BAMF+
the problem with wind chargers was if it clipped a butterfly somewhere on the other side of the world a bridge collapsed.

or something.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
There's already plenty of wind power on this side of the country, take a trip to Hapo's old stomping grounds around Malone, NY, or a trip down Rt. 219 in NY, MD, WV. It makes sense to locate the monsters out in the ocean, very few humans see seabirds on a regular basis, and the tons of birds each tower kills get ate up by the critters of the sea instead of rotting on land.

With a food supply like that, the charter boat captains are going to be providing the sports with fishing lures that resemble drowned terns. :billyv:

Z

BAMF+
:roll: jus,,,,,,,,,, a lotta,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hot air......... :thumbdown:

LE05BUSA

GFY
Too bad none of you live on the west coast where they have an operating readiness of about 15%. Broken, on fire, protesters complaining about killing birds, etc. I saw they are actually burying the busted ones now as they are too expensive to fix or recycle.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I wouldn't rush to invest. The bird whacker dont perform profitably on land, how the fuck are they going to perform profitably at sea?

A few years ago they placed data gathering buoys off the Oregon coast, the buoys broke free and drifted around, not sure if they ever rounded them up.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Too bad none of you live on the west coast where they have an operating readiness of about 15%. Broken, on fire, protesters complaining about killing birds, etc. I saw they are actually burying the busted ones now as they are too expensive to fix or recycle.
Those need to be recycled. There's a lot of aluminium in them...

OP
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Years ago, from driving all across the Great State of Texas and seeing MASSIVE WIND FARMS...
I suspected the service aspect of these massive machines was going to be costly prohibitive, so much so that they would abandon em where they stand. Then again I thought, there was too much money invested in this emerging industry to fail, that plus the green crowd was all over it....

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
We have shit loads of those here. Know people who work on them.. they are shitty.. the running cost outweigh the electrical production benefits..

Top Bottom