www.WestCoastSportbikes.oRg

Fire
sale ?

:wacko3:

OP
Snail

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Not good. Firefighters are losing it. They're strained and drained and falling back.

I cant make contact with family in the recently evacuated area east of Salem.

This is catastrophic. WA,OR,CA, all short handed, all resources depleted, all getting their asses kicked hard.

Half million people in Oregon evacuated. Highways closed. Cluster fuck.

Fuck,fuck,fuck

Red

BAMF
Website

Tough for the people going through this but we have no one to blame but the environmentalists and the people who vote in the liberal politicians. Have read a few stories where even those whack jobs are beginning to understand that 30 years sometimes longer of not controlling the dense buildup of forest undergrowth has made the payback much worse. Every forecast I have read is indicates that the worst is yet to come for the West..... Worst part is the idiots will learn nothing from this which is sad.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Not good. Firefighters are losing it. They're strained and drained and falling back.

This is catastrophic. WA,OR,CA, all short handed, all resources depleted, all getting their asses kicked hard.

Fuck,fuck,fuck

NYS is sending their Forest fire fighters ... they left last night .. a drop in the bucket from what is needed.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
FACK FACK FACK,

Wish I could help Paul! anything you need just say it!
I know itā€™s far away but if you need fresh air and a place to get away, I have a place for ya !

Fuck,fuck,fuck

wormser77

BAMF
We are fortunate here but from the looks smokes on it's way.
Paul, hope you and family stay safe!
And now we have fuck face arsonist out lighting shit up:evil::evil::evil:

OP
Snail

Snail

Fire about a mile from my cousins vineyard/winery. They won't leave. The law caught an arsonist comming back into the area just a few miles from their place.

Dave, et al I dont have time to address this much, but will have time later. Consider this, and I'll check back this evening:

52% of our state is owned by the federal government and managed by federal regulations, including envronmental regulations. Control is a national issue not a state issue on federal land. YOU are just as responsible for that as an Oregonian.

Fire about a mile from my cousins vineyard/winery. They won't leave. The law caught an arsonist comming back into the area just a few miles from their place.

Dave, et al I dont have time to address this much, but will have time later. Consider this, and I'll check back this evening:

52% of our state is owned by the federal government and managed by federal regulations, including envronmental regulations. Control is a national issue not a state issue on federal land. YOU are just as responsible for that as an Oregonian.
FWIW I was speaking about Kali. Know it is brutal in other places. Almost all of the coverage here is about Kali because that is where most of the news coverage is. Very aware of BLM regulations at least Onshore Order #6 as an example -- I speak/meet with BLM almost monthly about oil related matters (today in fact on a pollution matter)... Our Ranch in NM is surrounded on all sides by BLM and they have some of the minerals.

Caught hell for this in the past but I could care less----Mayor of the Cesspool called Los Angles is requesting people not use their air conditioners because of a lack of generating power. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I think that is the funniest thing I have heard all day. Hope the whole state browns out. Liberal Swine Tree Huggers do not want to put in more generating capacity and have not for many years. Hope they sizzle like bacon. :)

Last edited:
Speaking with a local friend, 3 fires have been intentionally set within a few miles from me. The fire department has put them out very quickly. Bravo!

At this point, any vehicle pulled off the side of the road will be photographed.

LOL nothing there to hurt. Stubble... Fire is good.... Farmers have been doing it for 10's of thousands of years.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Red
OP
Snail

Snail

50' viz this morning, sinus head ache, eyes all fucked up, haven't slept much, feel like puking all day long.

Trying to be vigilant, knowing how vulerable we are to the arsonists. What a fucking mess.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
They do "prescribed burns" around here allah tyme. What pisses me off is in the dry season when the burn bans are in effect, assholes in my neighborhood are out burning junk in their yards and having big bonfires.
Last night I was walking the dog and watching the tree limbs sparking away on the power lines. Good thing it has been raining a lot.

Bobcat fire at 30k acres. So far it looks like Newcombs is still standing. Fire crews use it as a rest stop, so they protect it as best they can.

Visibility is about 2 miles. Smoke has been clearing out during the day due to Santa Ana winds.

Red

BAMF
Website
Last edited:
Heartbreaking seeing the wildlife :(
In the fires I have seen the wildlife is sad. In this one see a Bison but the rabbits and armadillos who try and stay in their hole but run out when it gets too hot then are burned up is sad. In a strange way, even feel sorry for the rats watching them scurry around in a small area waiting to be burned up.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
In the fires I have seen the wildlife is sad. In this one see a Bison but the rabbits and armadillos who try and stay in their hole but run out when it gets too hot then are burned up is sad. In a strange way, even feel sorry for the rats watching them scurry around in a small area waiting to be burned up.
It's an allegory to facing just how little control we have in our own existence.

We scurry around in small areas, waiting for the inevitable.

Our own mortality, right in our faces.

Choices are all we get to control.

It's an allegory to facing just how little control we have in our own existence.

We scurry around in small areas, waiting for the inevitable.

Our own mortality, right in our faces.

Choices are all we get to control.
A very true statement.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Smoke and Smell for the West coast fires have reached NYC.. we had an errie sun rise and sunset through the haze. And now the air smells of burst wood.

The bobcat fire is now at 50k acres, evacuation warnings for juniper hills. It is going to come my way due to Santa Ana winds. I guess we'll fuckin see.

OP
Snail

Snail

How you doing now, Dragon? We got a little rain and things calmed down, here.

It will spark back up whan the NW winds return, but we we downgraded from extreme to high designation.

Not good. The fire is about 8 miles away and spreading. Yesterday evening the planes and helicopter were flying, not today.

It ripped thru juniper hills, burned everything down, nothing left.

I have the vehicles loaded and ready to go. Horses aren't at the house but I need to get the horse trailer hooked up just in case other people need help, ie, failed to take this seriously.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Not good. The fire is about 8 miles away and spreading. Yesterday evening the planes and helicopter were flying, not today.

It ripped thru juniper hills, burned everything down, nothing left.

I have the vehicles loaded and ready to go. Horses aren't at the house but I need to get the horse trailer hooked up just in case other people need help, ie, failed to take this seriously.
Man, that sucks. Best of luck.

The airplanes are circling but not dropping retardant, too high i guess.

Since I don't know shit about flying an airplane that fights fires, I have no idea what they're doing. But they're not dropping anything on the fire. Maybe they did and I didn't see it, the extra laps around the fire maybe recon?

Looks like they're slowing it down but it's still creeping towards us.

I couldn't actually see them dropping retardant on it but they are, (of course) total of 4 aircraft.

We do have an ace in the hole, major infrastructure is near by, and it's between us and the fire.

How are you doing snail?

Top Bottom