Who's shooting T?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'm trying to feel better in the gym, especially as far as recovery goes (my strength level is fine, but energy levels after a workout are down)- I'm going to see if something ~700 makes a difference from my current 430- the 125mg T I'll be using (starting with one weekly injection and then going to biweekly smaller injections) might be a bit much- I'll go for another blood test after ~2 months to see where I'm at and how I feel.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Dude, you re like my friend whom after i gave him a deltoid shot to show him how easy it was... He calls me 4 days later while i was hunting and sitting in a blind, i answer him...

He says "dude... The fucking needle won t go in. Im literaly bending the needle and it s not going in! Seems like these needles are not sharp enough?! WTF?!"

I say dude... Relax your fucking arm relax your fucking arm! Then push the needle in the middle meat like i showed you. He puts the phone down for a minute, comes back and says..

" dude, it went in like butter. Didn t feel a fucking thing. Could muscle be that hard to stop a needle from going in?"

You just answered your own question... Dude. I told him.
I STILL don t see why 2 weeks later on this post, we re still talking about where to inject the T.

If you guys are sold on Q... Go for it. Like i said way above, if small quantities are going in, i don t see an issue. If 1 or 2 mil are gonna go in, i see an issue.

And again, shoot B12 with it. You ll have way more energy.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
I'm trying to feel better in the gym, especially as far as recovery goes (my strength level is fine, but energy levels after a workout are down)- I'm going to see if something ~700 makes a difference from my current 430- the 125mg T I'll be using (starting with one weekly injection and then going to biweekly smaller injections) might be a bit much- I'll go for another blood test after ~2 months to see where I'm at and how I feel.

You re gonna be a new man.
It makes you strong, confident and excited to go yank some steel. You re never gonna look back, even at a half ml per 4 days. 1ml/4 days is just as safe, but much better results.

And also, shoot IM the first shot and give yourself a double dose, so 1ml in your case, then point 5 thereafter.
It s recommended you give yourself a boost when you first start

Give it a month.. Month and a half for it to kick in.

Last edited:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'm not going to front-load a bigger-than-usual weekly dose, but I will start off with a single weekly injection and then move to biweekly smaller injections- my plan (and I'm very good at sticking to a plan:wink2:) is to start with a single 0.5ml/125ml dose of T enanthate the first two Saturdays of my cycle (I should start next Saturday), then shoot 0.25ml/62.5mg every Saturday and Wednesday thereafter. By adhering to a strict dosage schedule, it will be very easy to make adjustments if I'm not happy with the way I feel or the blood-work comes back above or below optimal.

I'm going by what appears to be a pretty common program based on what I've read, and, as far as members here go, Bowtie seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for as far as results go, and he's on around the same dosage (0.5ml/100mg T cypionate weekly, I believe- it might have been a bit higher- please correct me if that's not right). Of course everyone responds differently, but it seems like a good starting point.

I'm in no rush at all, and I'm going to be very methodical about it.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'd like to know- I'm sure it would be worth reading (and funny as fuck). Except for a very brief 'Long time no see' thread nine years ago, he hasn't posted since 2004...

He was one of the best of the OG labs guys.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
Here's what I was told regarding testing:

do not get tested before the 5th day after an injection, your number will be high. Do not get tested after the 6th day after an injection, your number will be low. Always get tested on the 5th day exactly. If you get tested in the a.m. The number will be slightly elevated.

this came from my Dr.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Here's what I was told regarding testing:

do not get tested before the 5th day after an injection, your number will be high. Do not get tested after the 6th day after an injection, your number will be low. Always get tested on the 5th day exactly. If you get tested in the a.m. The number will be slightly elevated.

this came from my Dr.
Excellent- that's exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for.:ducmanic:

I guess that's for someone on weekly injections- I wonder if there's a different 'best testing day' for biweekly (i.e. should you delay an injection a couple extra days for the blood-work, or go on, say, the third day after a shot).

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
Excellent- that's exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for.:ducmanic:

I guess that's for someone on weekly injections- I wonder if there's a different 'best testing day' for biweekly (i.e. should you delay an injection a couple extra days for the blood-work, or go on, say, the third day after a shot).
you want accurate results, i.e. you don't need to appear to need more or less since you have unfettered access to testosterone. I'd say get tested on the day you would inject, but before you inject. Just my opinion.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yeah, that's probably the right call- if I go with my planned Saturday-Wednesday schedule, Wednesday morning before the shot will be the day I go to the lab.

That hadn't occurred to me at all- thanks for that.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
A little story...

I first start T and after a month or two get my first post treatment bloodwork. It comes back at 1300+

Dr. office is saying whoa, are you also doing androgel? How much are you injecting? Finally it comes out that I tested less than a day after injecting. Ok, let's try again on the 5th day after injecting. Levels came back around 550.

Fever500

BAMF
Look here’s the thing, your talking about oil, sesame oil usually, your not gonna push that thru an insulin pin that you don’t even feel, when I take HCG I use an insulin syringe and since the solution is pure water it takes a second to inject, the smallest gauge your gonna push oil through is 25, and that takes a steady pressure and patience. So it just doesn’t make sense to me putting a 25g with heavy oil into the belly button area less than an inch deep.
I am doing it with 29g insulin pins. Takes about 20 seconds maybe? Never timed it.

gsteve

BAMF+
So.... what about hair loss? I’ve read that can be a thing. About the only genetic plus i seem to have is that I still have hair. I’d like to keep it.

BigGar

high on placebo
I draw it out with something bigger. I think an 18 gauge. Then inject into my ample butt cheek with a 23 gauge that's 1 1/2 inches or so long, maybe a tad longer. 1cc / week more or less. I also inject a cc of B12 the same day. One shot in each cheek. I try to alternate which goes in which ass cheek. Tested every three months, more or less... I'm usually around 700, more or less :) burly usually does the injecting, but I can do it myself in a pinch.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I got all my stuff together and will start tomorrow. The hardest things to source were the middle-length needles and the 1ml syringes- every pharmacy here stocks needles from 18g-26g in 1"-1.5" and 3ml-5ml syringes, or tiny one-piece 29g-31g insulin syringes (the 'popular' sizes), but only hospitals have the full,range, so I had to go to a wholesaler to find what I wanted. 100 25g 5/8" needles, 100 18g 1.5" needles (for filling the syringe) and 100 1ml tuberculin syringes were ~$11 total, so I'm set for a while.

WARREN

BAMF+
Free advice = worth what you paid for it

Buy the smallest volume syringes for what you are pinning.... I was using 3cc and while they were full, they were pretty easy to push.
I bought 5cc and they are a slut to push.
I will be going back to the 3cc next time around.
A small lesson in fluid dynamics

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That's what all the medical sites that train how to give injections say as well (use the smallest syringe that will hold the volume you're using), so that's what I did- the 1ml syringes are perfect for what I'll be doing, and that's why I took the time to find them instead of settling for the larger ones at the local pharmacies (which would have worked, but not as well). I'd also imagine that it's easier to get an exact measurement of a small volume (say, 0.25ml-0.5ml) into a smaller syringe than a larger one (where you'd be more likely to be a few percent over or under).

I bought a some 30g insulin syringes to use on my kid's rabbits (I medicate them myself and they're due for a vaccine)- that needle is TINY- I've read where some people say they use that gauge (or even 31g) for subQ T injections- I can't see the oil getting through it without it taking forever.

BigGar

high on placebo
You had us all at ample butt cheek
I've always had an ass like Earl Campbell, even when I'm on the slimmer side.

I find if I microwave the T for just a few seconds it injects easier.

Yes I'm fucking kidding. I did tell that to my doc with a straight face though. He got a horrified look on his face until I cracked a smile.

I do friction rub the syringe though. Put it between my palms and then rub them together, rolling the syringe back and forth and inducing some warmth through my skin. It actually helps quite a bit taking it from 65 degrees or so up to body temp.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I've always had an ass like Earl Campbell, even when I'm on the slimmer side.

I find if I microwave the T for just a few seconds it injects easier.

Yes I'm fucking kidding. I did tell that to my doc with a straight face though. He got a horrified look on his face until I cracked a smile.

I do friction rub the syringe though. Put it between my palms and then rub them together, rolling the syringe back and forth and inducing some warmth through my skin. It actually helps quite a bit taking it from 65 degrees or so up to body temp.
Jesus man just run warm water over the chamber toward the finger grips, not allowing water to hit the capped needle..

Or use a hair dryer... I'm sure burly will,loan you hers. ;)

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Well, I just did my first shot- 25g 5/8" subQ- barely felt it, though I do feel a bit queasy- it was a weird thing to do for the first time.:lol:

Thanks to everyone who contributed helpful advice on this thread- I'll begin another thread soon to recount the experience of starting TRT as a total noob for anyone else who might be interested/curious.:ducmanic:

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Well, I just did my first shot- 25g 5/8" subQ- barely felt it, though I do feel a bit queasy- it was a weird thing to do for the first time.:lol:

Thanks to everyone who contributed helpful advice on this thread- I'll begin another thread soon to recount the experience of starting TRT as a total noob for anyone else who might be interested/curious.:ducmanic:
Bi curious

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Boner pics will get you banned.

Just a heads-up no matter how excited you get.
What about just the bulge, like a 1980s Calvin Klein underwear ad? I need to know where the line is.

BigGar

high on placebo
Are we talking 1/4 chub, or post sex "heavy, but not hard"?

If I feel like I need to bring BB in as the deciding factor, you're out!

(no offense to BB :) )

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com

I was maybe 20 when I did my first 'cycle' (test and winstrol) I was working for cleaning company owned by a guy that was Mr. Colorado, and had started lifting with him ... prior to getting the shot, from his brother .. I was reading the requisite included literature which listed all the possible side effects, which freaked me out, when he gave the shot to me I passed out briefly ... don't know if it was from nerves, or the test hitting my system. :lol: So don't feel bad about your experience.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That's makes me feel a bit better.:lol:

Really, though, I was anticipating some resistance, at least going through the skin layer, but it just went right in- it was almost a bit of a shock, like I expected it to bounce off or something before I applied some pressure- I stared at it for a few seconds before I remembered I had to hit the plunger. The next time will be way easier, of,course, but I'd been thinking about it (dreading it, really) for a couple of days and expected it to be a bigger deal.

Having a very curious six-year-old with a ringside seat who was half-fearing and half-hoping-for a big reaction from me didn't help...

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
It's just first time nerves. The first time I did it I thought that needle looked like a Phillips screwdriver. I thought "there's just no fucking way"

then I thought it I don't do this right now it's not going to happen. So I just did it. No drama, slightly queasy.

Last edited:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Soooo.... how goes it?
Not much to report from my first shot- my skin was a bit oily (which is often the first effect), and I felt pretty aggressive in the gym today, but I won't start a new thread for a couple weeks until the TRT program has time to 'settle in' and I feel something worth noting.

Second shot will be in about an hour (Wednesday morning here- just got home from working out).

OP
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
when your nipples start becoming erogenous zones, you know your well dosed.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
He ain t gonna feel anything for a month or two.. He s on a small dose. Even on a "regular dose" he won t be feeling the full effects for a couple months. When u start doing more weight than you ve ever done and feeling confident about it, THEN ull be feeling the effects.

That s why they usually recommend u do a double dose at start.. To give u that kick in the ass start

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
He ain t gonna feel anything for a month or two.. He s on a small dose. Even on a "regular dose" he won t be feeling the full effects for a couple months. When u start doing more weight than you ve ever done and feeling confident about it, THEN ull be feeling the effects.

That s why they usually recommend u do a double dose at start.. To give u that kick in the ass start
I agree with the kick start... And I agree with the slow start... Its what ya want...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'm not taking a bodybuilders dosage- I don't need it, and my T level isn't really that low (so I don't even need an especially big standard TRT dose), but I think I'd feel better if it were higher. My strength in the gym hasn't been an issue (and I continue to make incremental gains), but recovery has- I've been feeling more exhausted for a longer period of time these days, but my motivation to get there six mornings per week hasn't diminished.

I'm starting how I need to start- with a small dose, going with more later if I need it.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Bodybuilders dosage?
Lol dude...
Have any idea what a bodybuilder doses look like?
I suggested if you re gonna shoot up half a mil a week to start w 1 ml the first shot, then ur regular half mil from there on.
1ml is maybe a baby midget bodybuilder dosage.

Top Bottom