Who's shooting T?

Fever500

BAMF
I've been on it for a year or so ... started at twice a month IM injections, then split those into every week ... but now do it every 3 or 4 days subQ (same total dosage) and have mostly eliminated the highs/lows. Like BB .. I am a big pussy when it comes to needles and had great anxiety every time I had to shove that big ass 22ga into my thigh muscle (fucking sweating just writing about it lol). Read up on subQ and haven't looked back ...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Do you have to use all the contents of a glass ampoule once you break the seal, or can it be resealed and stored (or can another new syringe be filled, capped, and stored for later use- maybe that's a bad idea- I know the same T comes in a preloaded syringe, but it's not sold here)? I'm thinking about trying it, but can only get it in the single 250ml containers (~$80 for ten) rather than the large multi-use vials- I think that's more than I'd want to take in one shot at one time. I have zero experience with needles and vials. I'm of course going to ask the pharmacist, but I'd like the view from a user's perspective.

These (getting from a pharmacy, not the website in the pic)- maybe you guys don't see these in the US unless you're ordering from overseas- I'd imagine you get something in a more convenient larger reusable vial.

8CA496F8-32B8-4192-B1B2-BBF0B12132AD.jpeg

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
While I'll confirm this with my pharmacist, I found the info (my guess of filling a second syringe and storing it was the way to go- once it's opened, the ampoule has to be emptied and discarded to prevent contamination)- in case anyone orders from overseas and ends up with the small glass ampoules, I'll post the video (it also addresses storage in a hot climate):

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
This one is shorter and has a bit more of a practical view (the guy notes that in the US this is generally not an issue):

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
22 ga? well no shit, I pin with 26 .. :up: don't feel anything.
And this works OK (iirc you inject T-enanthate)? Most sites recommend 22-23, with the narrowest I found saying 25- so the 26 injects smoothly if you do it slowly enough? Obviously I'd want to use the thinnest possible needle. Glutes or thigh?

rotts4u

BAMF
I noted earlier someone said they didn't donate blood but nearly everyone I have talked to that used T injections had high blood levels which is the stroke risk mentioned. In fact a supplier I work with was a 50 yr old T user and I could see in his skin color he was beet red which is from the high red blood cell count. I talked to him and encouraged him to donate blood to get this down and he didn't. He passed away of a stroke a year after we talked about it. for 4-5 years I have donated blood every 56 days (or more often) and that keeps my levels in check but still on the high side. Plus you help a lot of people with your strong tiger blood.

Now that I use the compounded cream the levels don't go up as fast it seems and my T numbers stay about the same 450ish which is where I am most comfortable at mentally and still have boners etc. Im not a weightlifter but I can tell I have muscle bulk I didn't have before I started on T. The injections are cheaper but if you find a decent pharmacy that does compounding and have a prescription they mix you up some emu test in a cream and it is effective for moderate levels. Its gonna get you swole like Squid is now. holy smokes Squid you have changed a lot !!

BigGar

high on placebo
I've been on it for a year or so ... started at twice a month IM injections, then split those into every week ... but now do it every 3 or 4 days subQ (same total dosage) and have mostly eliminated the highs/lows. Like BB .. I am a big pussy when it comes to needles and had great anxiety every time I had to shove that big ass 22ga into my thigh muscle (fucking sweating just writing about it lol). Read up on subQ and haven't looked back ...

So talk to me about subQ. I'd rather shoot into my thigh with a short needle instead of into my butt cheek with a rather longer one. B12 too.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Is anyone taking their T along with an aromatase inhibitor (to lower conversion to estrogen)?

BigGar

high on placebo
Is anyone taking their T along with an aromatase inhibiter (to lower conversion to estrogen)?
I've thought about looking into it. My tits aren't any bigger than they've ever been, but I'm also not quite feeling like superman, even with my T in the 600-700 range.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I won't be on a high dosage to start (likely 125ml once every two weeks- it looks like that's on the low side of what's generally prescribed, or maybe half that every week if guys here who are already on it advise me differently). TRT isn't very big here, and the docs aren't very up on it for that particular purpose (it would probably be different if I were living in Bangkok). I can get bloodwork done, but that's about it- I'll be experimenting, but erring on the side of caution.

The aromatase inhibitor might be overkill at the level I'm planning to start out on.

Advice would be much appreciated from anyone who's already on TRT.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
21 gauge 1.5" buried in the right side ass cheek once a week, I don't feel anything other than a slight pinch when it breaks the skin.

warm up the T in your hand a couple mins before you draw it into the syringe, that helps.

I'm my opinion the 23 gauge and higher needles hurt worse, as does the 1" long versus 1 .5" long 21 gauge. Just my experience.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'll probably buy a few different gauges and see what works best for me, from 21-26 (18 for drawing from the vial). Injecting yourself in the glutes isn't a big deal (I don't want the wife practicing on me unless she has to)? Seems like the thigh would be easier, but probably hurts more.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I use 23 to draw and shoot... However I swap needles... Also I put vial under heat... Water, vent... It doesn't matter, just get the liquid warm and then draw.

I have used estrogen blockers... They work... I started developing gyno... It kept it at bay until I finished the cycle... Then it went away completely on its own.

Fever500

BAMF
So talk to me about subQ. I'd rather shoot into my thigh with a short needle instead of into my butt cheek with a rather longer one. B12 too.
Gar ... I use a 29ga 0.5" insulin pinner and inject in my belly just below and to the side of my belly button. I am pretty skinny as far as body fat so the .5" works for me. I alternate sides and don't really feel anything. I was always freaked out about putting that long ass needle into my thigh muscle and did not like the feeling when the T was flowing in ... strange, I know but it was keeping me from doing my injections consistently.

I use the same gear to draw and inject. It takes a little more time to draw but I'm only drawing .25 each time. Some warm up the T before drawing and others will fill a few at a time. It's no big deal for me and it takes about a minute or so to draw out the dose.

I've found that it does keep the highs and lows more level with the more frequent/smaller dose injections.

My next hurdle to get over is having blood drawn as I have missed a few months of refills here and there due to not getting in to my physician for blood work.

This guy (who coincidentally died recently) Dr. John Crisler was a big advocate of subq T. Here is a video showing how he does (did) it.

WARREN

BAMF+
The aromatase inhibitor might be overkill at the level I'm planning to start out on.
I use Arimidex and it knocks down any symptoms in a day or 2.
At low dose, its probably good to have some on hand, but you may not even need it.

I only seem to need it when im using straight test. When im cycling other gear, I choose things that are non androgenic and rarely seem to need a blocker anymore.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
I won't be on a high dosage to start (likely 125ml once every two weeks- it looks like that's on the low side of what's generally prescribed, or maybe half that every week if guys here who are already on it advise me differently). TRT isn't very big here, and the docs aren't very up on it for that particular purpose (it would probably be different if I were living in Bangkok). I can get bloodwork done, but that's about it- I'll be experimenting, but erring on the side of caution.

Advice would be much appreciated from anyone who's already on TRT.

That's going to be difficult going 2 weeks ... you need to pin once a week, at around that strength (125) ... ethanate lasts about a week, it rises, plateaux and drops, hence the week cycle of shots, when running a cycle it's shots every 3 days.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That's going to be difficult going 2 weeks ... you need to pin once a week, at around that strength (125) ... ethanate lasts about a week, it rises, plateaux and drops, hence the week cycle of shots, when running a cycle it's shots every 3 days.
I'm mostly going by what I've been reading on the TRT dosage guides on various medical sites, and thinking it's better to start lower- I've read about the fluctuation in levels over time that you noted, which is why I asked if it was better to take it in smaller dosages weekly (which I thought was the case). When you started, did you begin with a lower dosage and ramp up, or have you been using the same dosage that you're using now?

I'd much rather hear about your (and any other labs member's) actual experience than rely on a generic rule-of-thumb from the internet.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
That's what put me around the 800 level from a 330 starting point, I think that's in the ballpark for most people ( dosage wise ), really no need safety wise to start any lower than that, the prevalent thought 35 years ago was to ramp up, and down, but now it's been found to not matter, in many cases you'll start off with a higher dose to get it built up in your system somewhat, point is don't worry about that small amount.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
After I posted the 125/2-weeks yesterday, I did see more info (here and elsewhere) that made me think maybe that was a better weekly amount. Perhaps starting out with a single 125ml shot per week for the first 4 weeks and then transitioning to 62.5ml every three or four days would be a good way to go then. I definitely don't want the 'I feel like I'm running low and need a shot' sensation. I also would like to keep the dosages evenly divisible into 250ml as that's what's in each vial and I'd rather not crack more than one at a time in order to properly fill up syringes as I noted above- I can't get the single big reusable vial like you can.

I appreciate your thoughts here.

wormser77

BAMF
I didn't really know about this until now and to be honest it's kinda tripping me out😲

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
My 38 yr old cousin is doing 125ml per week and it does shit for his physical fitness or overall feel. Does get better erections, as he was given a prescription to help his trying to make a baby w his wife.

I know quite a few people who do the "typical" 1ml per week. 200mg or 250mg depending what concentration u find. 1ml meaning one 200mg vial per week should be your starting point. I would recommend 1ml every 5th day to start.

Monday/thursday would be ideal.
1ml monday, 1ml thursday

As far as how long of a cycle, or estrogen blockers when or not at all, you should consult w someone who knows what YOU need.

You could go on test for the next 5 years doing 1ml every monday and thursday and not need any estrogen anything. Everyone is different. Most people get into problems or issues when they up their dosage. 1ml every monday and thursday should be ok for most, but as you know most doesn t mean everyone.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
After I posted the 125/2-weeks yesterday, I did see more info (here and elsewhere) that made me think maybe that was a better weekly amount. Perhaps starting out with a single 125ml shot per week for the first 4 weeks and then transitioning to 62.5ml every three or four days would be a good way to go then. I definitely don't want the 'I feel like I'm running low and need a shot' sensation. I also would like to keep the dosages evenly divisible into 250ml as that's what's in each vial and I'd rather not crack more than one at a time in order to properly fill up syringes as I noted above- I can't get the single big reusable vial like you can.

You don t want big vials.
Big vials need a needle to draw thru the rubber top, then to change the needle to administer the shot.
Single 1ml vials, u simply break the top, u insert the needle carefully to draw the content w/out hitting the vial w the tip, and you poke urself.
Only if the contents are really thick/oily do you need a thicker needle to draw.

I would prefer single 1ml vials than big vials. Less contamination chance, easier to work with

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
And i would inject intramuscular (glutes or deltoid)
Subcutane seems insane to put 2 mls (1 test/1 b12) under ur skin.
You d have huge baloon bumps under ur skin

Last edited:

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com

:up: Once a week is fine for me, I don't feel any degradation physically between weekly shots, I think the 250ml vials are perfect, just split them. Run that way a couple months consistently and get levels checked .. then adjust from there. There's a muscle just down from your hip bone called the tensor fasciae latae .. I think, if you plant your heal and rotate your foot left to right you'll feel it flex in that area, I've found it's a great site to use for shots.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Fuck.
It's been almost two years since I asked for a Hydrocodon refill and I only have two left I think.
I need that (occasionally) because it's the only thing that helps my upper-mid back burning when that flames up.
He gave me a ton of crap that last time I asked for some.
All those hydro adicts are making it difficult for those of us who don't abuse it.

IDK if I should ask for this or that or BOTH.
Ya'll are making sound like asking for Testosterone shots is almost as frowned on as asking for Hydrocodone refill.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
:up: Once a week is fine for me, I don't feel any degradation physically between weekly shots, I think the 250ml vials are perfect, just split them. Run that way a couple months consistently and get levels checked .. then adjust from there. There's a muscle just down from your hip bone called the tensor fasciae latae .. I think, if you plant your heal and rotate your foot left to right you'll feel it flex in that area, I've found it's a great site to use for shots.
Thanks- I'll definitely do some experimenting- I just don't want to go overboard with my dosage- I think the 250ml/week amount is the better way to go. I'll try that muscle as an injection site. I saw a YouTube vid where a guy on TRT demonstrated a shot in the same muscle area.

I still haven't given myself that first shot, which I'm sure gives everyone some anxiety and trepidation- while I'm sure that in retrospect it will seem like no big deal, I'm not particularly looking forward to it at this point.:lol:

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
After nearly 3 years of shooting myself in the upper ass cheek, I took fevers advice and watched a sub Q vid. I draw with a 20 and shoot with a 25... today, in the fatty fold of my stomach. It didn't hurt at all! The only weird thing was the feeling of the needle breaking through the skin. I'd never felt that in other injection sites.

Rather than just jabbing the needle in... I do it very slowly, twisting the syringe as if the needle is drilling into my skin. That's the way to avoid the bee-sting type of pain that needles usually give me.

If you get tested while on T and your levels are above 800 your doc is gonna lower your dose. They don't want you too high. That creates more problems.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I read an article on using a subcutaneous injection site instead of IM- the claim was up to 20% more efficiency. I'm going to start with the 'conventional wisdom' and see how that goes first, but I'm going to keep up with the data.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
sub q in the stomach is way easier than trying to shoot yourself in the ass. That's a bitch.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
Thanks- I'll definitely do some experimenting- I just don't want to go overboard with my dosage- I think the 250ml/week amount is the better way to go. I'll try that muscle as an injection site. I saw a YouTube vid where a guy on TRT demonstrated a shot in the same muscle area.

I still haven't given myself that first shot, which I'm sure gives everyone some anxiety and trepidation- while I'm sure that in retrospect it will seem like no big deal, I'm not particularly looking forward to it at this point.:lol:

Just to be clear ... half that 250ml vial per week. I sat on the toilet for an hour getting my nerve up the first time I gave myself a shot many years ago :lol: if you really don't want to feel a thing stick an ice cube where you're going to pin first, it's a strange feeling watching the needle go in but having zero sensation of it. :up:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Just to be clear ... half that 250ml vial per week. I sat on the toilet for an hour getting my nerve up the first time I gave myself a shot many years ago :lol: if you really don't want to feel a thing stick an ice cube where you're going to pin first, it's a strange feeling watching the needle go in but having zero sensation of it. :up:
Yes- I screwed that up- I meant 125mg per week.:wink2:

I'll get my head right and drive it in, but it will take me a minute or two to get there...:lol:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
OK, now, place your bets- I just had my T-level checked (walked into a local lab with no appointment, out in 5 minutes, ~$15- results are back tomorrow). I know my preparation is a bit 'placing the cart before the horse', but I'm sure I'm going to come up below optimum.

53yo, no drinking or smoking, in the gym lifting weights 6x per week for years with decent strength and muscle-mass, but my energy levels have been down and recovery from workouts has been more difficult the last few months- what's my level gonna be?

The day someone shows me conclusive proof that sub Q has 20% more efficient conversion to free testosterone than IM I’ll change and never look back.

Fever500

BAMF
After nearly 3 years of shooting myself in the upper ass cheek, I took fevers advice and watched a sub Q vid. I draw with a 20 and shoot with a 25... today, in the fatty fold of my stomach. It didn't hurt at all! The only weird thing was the feeling of the needle breaking through the skin. I'd never felt that in other injection sites.

Rather than just jabbing the needle in... I do it very slowly, twisting the syringe as if the needle is drilling into my skin. That's the way to avoid the bee-sting type of pain that needles usually give me.

If you get tested while on T and your levels are above 800 your doc is gonna lower your dose. They don't want you too high. That creates more problems.
:up: Yeah .. I don't mind the bee sting feeling ... it's the other, strange feeling when doing it IM almost like a bruising ... weird, I know. Try a 29 ... it goes right in like butta! Also .. don't pinch very hard at all as that makes it worse.

My doc told me not to inject in the glutes as there is a nerve in there that I could damage if I wasn't careful. I was doing IM in the upper thigh. First few times I had a strange reflex when the needle entered the muscle and my whole leg jumped! Freaked me out even more than I was already!

Drew .. yeah .. I only do subQ because I'm a pussy about the IM and everything I've read says it is "at least" as effective as IM. I have not experienced any change better or worse other than a little more level since I'm doing it every 3 or 4 days.

Top Bottom