Who's shooting T?

BigBusa

BAMF+
3 years ago I was feeling like absolute shit. Well, long before that really... but... After seeing a million of those "LOW T" TV commercials, I went to the docs & got my Testosterone checked. It was 242. Bordering on extremely low.

All my life I've been deathly afraid of needles and avoided them at all cost. My terrible health and well being back then trumped my needle-phobia and I started shooting T once a week... first at a clinic and then by myself @ home.

I went from feeling like an old man, having almost no sex drive, plenty of anxiety, depression, insomnia etc etc etc to being a fit, fucking machine, with zero anxiety, depression and sleeping like a baby.

Not long ago, I noticed a friend of mine from NY was constantly bitching about his health, mental state and weight on FB. I messaged him and told him to get his T checked. He did and it was way low. He's been on T for about 6 months now. He has lost 20 lbs and is feeling like he's 25 again. Life is too short to not feel good.

This is purely a PSA for my 40+ year old labs male peeps. If you aren't feeling like yourself, go get your T checked. If it's low, it's likely the ONLY issue for many of your current health and emotional problems. Many docs won't prescribe this because it's a controlled substance. If your doc refuses, go find another doc. Keep looking until you find one that takes your problem seriously.

PS-don't do those fucking pellets. Not cool. Hurts. Leaves a scar. Expensive. Only lasts 6 months.

20170927_161541_crop_574x320 (2).jpg

rumble phish

BAMF+
At the risk of a rash of hazing from this homophobic crowd, I have to say you're looking fit BB. Good for you. I have mine checked (Warren linked my thread above) and it came back in the mid 300's. But I still feel like it should be higher. I'm gonna look for a "clinic" in my area to see if I can get on a program. Damn the cost. I'd rather spend the money on me than my Mony Pit. :fu:

If anyone know of a legit source they can turn me on to, please let me know via PM (or right here, fuck it).

WARREN

BAMF+
At the risk of a rash of hazing from this homophobic crowd, I have to say you're looking fit BB. Good for you. I have mine checked (Warren linked my thread above) and it came back in the mid 300's. But I still feel like it should be higher. I'm gonna look for a "clinic" in my area to see if I can get on a program. Damn the cost. I'd rather spend the money on me than my Mony Pit. :fu:

If anyone know of a legit source they can turn me on to, please let me know via PM (or right here, fuck it).
I would aim you towards Anabolic Coaching on Instagram.
there is a corresponding what's app group he runs and ships weekly orders. only ever heard good things.
I found a really good local lab, or I would be using him as well.

OP
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I believe you want to be in the 800+ range for maximum feeling of well being. 300's is terrible...like thoughts of suicide, terrible. :O You need to find a mens wellbeing clinic near you that deals with this issue. There are a few in Atlanta so I got lucky. But, in upstate NY, there were NONE. My docs there would NOT prescribe it even though my levels were obviously low low. Assholes.

I sometimes take a few months off from the shots of T and instead take 25mg of clomiphene which tricks your body into producing its own T. Ask your doc about that if you want to change it up a little.

Don't buy T from any place other than a real pharmacy. You do not know what youre getting.

WARREN

BAMF+
I would agree, unless your shit head Doc wont cut a script.
mine fucked me around on a low dose for so long I just had enough and went black market. never looked back.
I know several that their docs wont even have the conversation, despite low or "low normal" results.
but if I told you I hated my life, they'd jam any number of pills down my face to turn me into a compliant zombie.
fuck that.
I translated the scaling and I figure I run somewhere around a 2000 level. little to no issues.

gsteve

BAMF+
i want to get tested.. i had one years ago and was told i was above normal. i said compared to what a regualr 55 yo , a 28 yo athlete , what? They couldnt say. I have feeling im ok but not optimal. I take all the sups that are supposed to increase it , i fast , i lift i eat well. those are all suppsed to help lots. But id like to know the number. I understand that once youre on it , plan on being on it forever?

WARREN

BAMF+
i want to get tested.. i had one years ago and was told i was above normal. i said compared to what a regualr 55 yo , a 28 yo athlete , what? They couldnt say. I have feeling im ok but not optimal. I take all the sups that are supposed to increase it , i fast , i lift i eat well. those are all suppsed to help lots. But id like to know the number. I understand that once youre on it , plan on being on it forever?
well my Canuckistan friend...… our Canadian scaling is based on an average of men from 13 to ….wait for it......90 years old.
so congrats, we both had "normal" levels for a fucking octogenarian. please drive through.....

OP
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
At the risk of a rash of hazing from this homophobic crowd, I have to say you're looking fit BB.
Thanks man. I feel so much better these days. This is just from lifting at home lightly & randomly. 35lb dumbbells max. At 205 lbs, I'm still "fat" with a belly but I'm ok with it.

o2046037_83514.jpg

Last edited:

gsteve

BAMF+
well my Canuckistan friend...… our Canadian scaling is based on an average of men from 13 to ….wait for it......90 years old.
so congrats, we both had "normal" levels for a fucking octogenarian. please drive through.....
wow how lame is that? How can i get an actual number? Ive been taking ashwagandha. Im not sure if its the cause but my mood had been much improved and its suposed to help T. Worth a look

WARREN

BAMF+
wow how lame is that? How can i get an actual number? Ive been taking ashwagandha. Im not sure if its the cause but my mood had been much improved and its suposed to help T. Worth a look
ask your GP for a blood panel that includes test numbers.

they'll ask you to go in the early day when free test is at it's highest. I'd just go mid afternoon....I want an accurate number of where I spend most of my waking hours.
If it comes down to being low, I would first ask for a referral to an Endo clinic. prepare for an 8 month wait. I would also insist on injectable, it get absorbed best into the body, with pills and gels being well behind that.
I'm no doc and I didn't even stay at a holiday inn express last night.... I just pin loads of test and played the stupid game for a few years trying to feel better before I took my wellbeing into my own hands

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Hey, I think my last physical had me in the 240's for testosterone too.
Maybe I need to look into this.
Doc said I was "low, but still normal".

CZLoco

I did start taking one of these pills a day and finished the bottle without any real noticeable improvements in my daily life.

1573255195982.png

whipit1K

BAMF
snake oil. likely as useless as the hundreds of other nonsense products that claim to boost T

I do think that you can have some measurable effect on your levels through lifestyle habits, diet, etc

BigGar

high on placebo
BB, you look good man. How much are you shooting each week? I do about 3/4 of a CC each week. I don't think it's enough. I've been on it for three years or so. I feel good. I don't feel great.

CZLoco

snake oil. likely as useless as the hundreds of other nonsense products that claim to boost T

I do think that you can have some measurable effect on your levels through lifestyle habits, diet, etc
My T50 pills that I gave up on, or the T shots everyone else is talking about?

Other than giving up alcohol, pizza and daily naps with my dogs, what kinda lifestyle changes can I make to boost Testesterone. :lol:

rotts4u

BAMF
When I was shooting t my hematocrit stayed way high despite donating blood often, in face I had two places taking from me to get around the. 56 day limit. So my dr took me off inject and out me in gel but I get it from a compound pharmacy so it’s only about 40$ a month . I can’t stand myself if my t gets over 450-500 I’m too angry too hot headed etc, I try to stay around 400-450

ZRX4ME

BAMF
"I went from feeling like an old man, having almost no sex drive, plenty of anxiety, depression, insomnia etc etc etc "
Hell, thats me man. Keep selling my bikes and cars thinking that will make me happier with new shit and it doesn't last. Had my T checked a few years ago and doc said it was OK. The anxiety is the worse part of it. I use xanax to help. Just afraid to take T because I heard it causes cancer.

CZLoco

And it gives you boobies.

CZLoco

Or was that hormones from "Fight Club".

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
why is Squidwerd Squidwerd displaying his love with a tramp stamp of DaCat DaCat ??? lol
Well if you knew da cat... You would feel the same.

However I must submit that Felix was my first tattoo... He was my favorite cartoon growing up... My mother bought all the old 1930s and newer VHS tapes when I was just a crum snatcher. Watched them religiously. Lot of innuendos in Felix... Black pussy with a bag of tricks. Also I have a sort of strange obsession with the number 13, black cats, and unlucky symbols.

When I was a string bean I got teased about my Felix a lot...

But these days mother fuckers have full sleeves of super heros and shit.

I do like how da cat has had felix forever as his avatar, I wonder if it was a convenient pic or if he has a weird thing for 1930s kitty comics?

gsteve

BAMF+
"I went from feeling like an old man, having almost no sex drive, plenty of anxiety, depression, insomnia etc etc etc "
Hell, thats me man. Keep selling my bikes and cars thinking that will make me happier with new shit and it doesn't last. Had my T checked a few years ago and doc said it was OK. The anxiety is the worse part of it. I use xanax to help. Just afraid to take T because I heard it causes cancer.
Try ashwahganda. I fucked up the spelling. But I think it’s responsible for my improved mood. Takes about 3 weeks

OP
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Get your test numbers. Don't let the doc tell you you're "OK". A doc told me the same thing when I was at 242. 240 and below is considered low.

My friend from NY was the exact same way as you are now... taking anxiety and depression meds, feeling old, always hurting, rarely happy. As soon as he got his T levels up, he didn't need the meds anymore. It's crazy how many things LOW-T can effect. I had no idea until I got on it and a month or two later, I was a different person. I lost fat & gained muscle without even lifting weights but when I started lifting... I gained a lot more and a lot quicker than I expected. I became happier and the anxiety left completely... 100%. The exact opposite of anxiety happened... I became confident. Especially, after lifting weights. Sex drive is off the charts... which is a blessing and a curse.

Life is too short to not feel good and be happier. Get your T levels checked.

Gregg- I started at 1ml per week. Doc dropped it to .6ml per week and now down to .5ml due to blood thickening. He's worried about me having a stroke. At the lower doses, I do not feel as good but still the majority of the low-t symptoms are absent. I've never given blood or had phlebotomy. When doc says I need to, I just stop injecting for a couple months and take 25mg clomiphene per day instead. That gets the hematocrit back where its supposed to be & keeps the T from getting too low. And then I start injecting again. Being over 50, I think all we can do now is aim for "feeling good". The "feeling great" days are over unless we're snorting coke or doing something else we shouldn't be. Right?

o1.jpg

Last edited:

gsteve

BAMF+
You're wasting your money if you think any 'over the counter' test improving product will work. No reason to go off of it, I've been giving myself shots for over 10 years ... some good info and leads on pro body building forums, look for HRT threads.
I mention the ashwa mainly for the change in moods. The fact that it might help T is a side note.

gsteve

BAMF+
Get your test numbers. Don't let the doc tell you you're "OK". A doc told me the same thing when I was at 242. 240 and below is considered low.

My friend from NY was the exact same way as you are now... taking anxiety and depression meds, feeling old, always hurting, rarely happy. As soon as he got his T levels up, he didn't need the meds anymore. It's crazy how many things LOW-T can effect. I had no idea until I got on it and a month or two later, I was a different person. I lost fat & gained muscle without even lifting weights but when I started lifting... I gained a lot more and a lot quicker than I expected. I became happier and the anxiety left completely... 100%. The exact opposite of anxiety happened... I became confident. Especially, after lifting weights. Sex drive is off the charts... which is a blessing and a curse.

Life is too short to not feel good and be happier. Get your T levels checked.

Gregg- I started at 1ml per week. Doc dropped it to .6ml per week and now down to .5ml due to blood thickening. He's worried about me having a stroke. At the lower doses, I do not feel as good but still the majority of the low-t symptoms are absent. I've never given blood or had phlebotomy. When doc says I need to, I just stop injecting for a couple months and take 25mg clomiphene per day instead. That gets the hematocrit back where its supposed to be. And then I inject again. Over 50, I think all we can do now is aim for "feeling good". The "feeling great" days are over unless we're snorting coke or doing something else we shouldn't be. Right?

View attachment 26073
ask your GP for a blood panel that includes test numbers.

they'll ask you to go in the early day when free test is at it's highest. I'd just go mid afternoon....I want an accurate number of where I spend most of my waking hours.
If it comes down to being low, I would first ask for a referral to an Endo clinic. prepare for an 8 month wait. I would also insist on injectable, it get absorbed best into the body, with pills and gels being well behind that.
I'm no doc and I didn't even stay at a holiday inn express last night.... I just pin loads of test and played the stupid game for a few years trying to feel better before I took my wellbeing into my own hands
Warren. Is there endo clinics in Canada ? I can’t locate any locally

Hammer Dog

BAMF
I have been on T for many years now. I go to a urologist and they test me once a year now and check all kinds of shit with that to make sure I don't show signs of cancer and crap. It makes quality of life much better and energy levels elevated. My doctor said he treats teh patient, not the number. But when I started out I was mid 200's. Bad thing about injecting is you have HI and low points in between injections but I have gotten used to them now.

WARREN

BAMF+
Warren. Is there endo clinics in Canada ? I can’t locate any locally
There definitely is. You'll just have to be assertive on getting the referral and treatment.
Docs treat the shit like a fucking meth prescription....its quite pathetic actually.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
I have been on T for many years now. I go to a urologist and they test me once a year now and check all kinds of shit with that to make sure I don't show signs of cancer and crap. It makes quality of life much better and energy levels elevated. My doctor said he treats teh patient, not the number. But when I started out I was mid 200's. Bad thing about injecting is you have HI and low points in between injections but I have gotten used to them now.
tell use more about the "high" & "lows"... is this what rotts4u rotts4u was saying about he become the Hulk when its too high??

WARREN

BAMF+
When I've allowed my levels to dip, I find my moods swinging wildly and I become easily agitated... lower Test means higher estrogen...which makes me understand how women are such emotional creatures.....
Keep those levels steady high, gentlemen....

Like I said, my level runs around 2000 and I am rock steady day in and out......its the rollercoaster getting to that level that gives me drama

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Hey Whitepower... How's Your T...? hard to pick Your genealogy but i rekkon that has a lot to do with it... hope You ladies get well soon...:girl-wacko:

100%Goombah@161 :wink2:

Haven t checked my T in over 4 yrs but i get occasional errections throughout the day and still very horny on a day to day basis (having a young wife might help)
Last T i did was in Romania 5 yrs ago. Had taken a nice stock of enanthate w me to last me a while when i left the US as Romania doesn t seem to have legal T nor do they offer any "low T" treatments.

5 yrs ago i d shoot 1 mil/ every 5th day. Mixed it w 1 mil of B12 in the same syringe. Felt good while on it, never really an issue and i was on it for probably 3 or 4yrs straight at that dosage. No breaks. Use to bench 210/215 kilos 4/5 reps and have grapefruits for shoulders...at 46/47 yrs old.

Long story longer... Ran out of the pharm T stock i had, started building the hunting lodge, moved up in the mountains and stopped going to the gym/shooting T, one reason being no T to be found (didn t want black market T) the other reason, there were no gyms in the mountains of Romania.

Kept doing pushups daily and had outings in the forest on a regular, but after a year or so my body shrunk from the lack of T. Im still packing size as i was never thinly built but nothing like the size and strength i had under T

Never really worked out that much even while i was doing T, maybe 3-4 days a week, 30 min to 1 hr a day... Was not into gyms but T, as others have said, gives you drive. You FEEL like you want to lift, you FEEL like you wanna fuck, it s a diff feel from normal (not on T)

I never felt the need to do higher quantities as i already had size, so i don t know the effects id have from more T. Im guessing id puff out more, something i wouldn t want, as i already have a tough time finding pants that fit my calves

As BB and others mentioned on this and other threads, IT IS a life changer.

Since i ve been back in the US i have been meaning to go back on it, just haven t got my ducks in a row yet.

Got some other priorities at the moment but T time is coming up soon.

I think it s a wonderful thing for us old geezers.

One thing T does, other than give you sick erections, is giving you muscles even when working out very little.
As BB mentioned, you don t need to work out like a an Olympian to see gains. T feeds the muscle all the shit it needs and works miracles considering the little bit of stimulation it needs to show results.

I think i still look great for a 51 yr old that doesn t go to the gym, i think genetics plays a part as well...but i think id look way better on 1 ml of T per week

Last edited:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
When I've allowed my levels to dip, I find my moods swinging wildly and I become easily agitated... lower Test means higher estrogen...which makes me understand how women are such emotional creatures.....
Keep those levels steady high, gentlemen....

Like I said, my level runs around 2000 and I am rock steady day in and out......its the rollercoaster getting to that level that gives me drama

I remember being told that test esthers within 4/5 days, thus the shooting every 5 days, so that you don t drop off, so to speak.
Never really got moody but i was consistent and nobody gave me reason to get moody

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
i'm no friggin' doctor...

but it sounds like most of Youze' are describing something like roid rage...

saw way too much of that shit back in Boston...

i feel fine... not drinking anymore and eating proper and decent sleep go a long way.

i still Hope and pray You all will be ok...

It'sNotNiceToFoolWithMotherNature@161

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
I use the gel and it made a major difference in my life. all the positives none of the negatives. At 2500/600 I literally cook while I work out. got it down running at 900/200.

WARREN

BAMF+
i'm no friggin' doctor...

but it sounds like most of Youze' are describing something like roid rage...

saw way too much of that shit back in Boston...

i feel fine... not drinking anymore and eating proper and decent sleep go a long way.

i still Hope and pray You all will be ok...

It'sNotNiceToFoolWithMotherNature@161
Huh?
I don't see a hint of "roid rage" on this thread.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
I can’t stand myself if my t gets over 450-500 I’m too angry too hot headed etc, I try to stay around 400-450
When I've allowed my levels to dip, I find my moods swinging wildly and I become easily agitated.
i'm no friggin' doctor... but it sounds like most of Youze' are describing something like roid rage...
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm not sure how increasing your T level is also increasing your E level. I have some reading to do...

BigGar

high on placebo
Some people need to be on estrogen blockers while they're on T. Some don't, but you definitely don't want elevated estrogen levels.

WARREN

BAMF+
Excessive test may aromatize as estrogen. There are blockers, but often dropping dosage will get you in a better position to deal with it, physically.

Top Bottom