Where’s the best deal on Truck tires

OP
Qwik

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Good to know. But I would have to go to either Grand Junction or Denver for that service. Local shop will do mount and balance for fifteen a wheel. And I have the wheels off the truck right now. Plus $3 a tire for disposal.

yamadak13

BAMF
I bought my last ones, wheels & tires from Tirerack.com. Won’t do that again.
with that said, my BFG’s have been awesome in the snow this year.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I got tyres from Tirerack for the wife's car, no problems. Got them fast. Of course I wish they were cheaper, but they were in the ball park with all the others.

I got the BF Goodrich copies, travelstar ecopath at.......they are supposed to be a 50k tire. They got good reviews so I figured I'd give them a try, they seem great to me, work as expected in snow, smooth with a little bit of truck tire noise. The BFs always last too long for me anyway, end up changing them due to age.

BigBusa

BAMF+
My local tire shop has the same or lower prices as tirerack and they give great service, better warranty, free air-up and cheap rotations. Call your mom & pop, local shop and tell them what tires you want from tirerack and ask what they're price is.

Speaking of tires... I put one of these on my truck and trailer today. 10 sensors check each wheel every six seconds. Alarm goes off if there's any problems. No more wondering.

OP
Qwik

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Speaking of tires... I put one of these on my truck and trailer today. 10 sensors check each wheel every six seconds. Alarm goes off if there's any problems. No more wondering.
View attachment 56730
if I was keeping the 24’ Prowler trailer I would be getting that setup. But I’m going to sell it so I don’t have to pay for storage.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
My local tire shop has the same or lower prices as tirerack and they give great service, better warranty, free air-up and cheap rotations. Call your mom & pop, local shop and tell them what tires you want from tirerack and ask what they're price is.

View attachment 56730
I had the TST setup... kind of a pain to run an antenna for the trailer... but did ok. Ended up selling it to some old timer... guess he didnt realize he's going to be spending some loot to get the sensors installed...lol.

BigBusa

BAMF+
if I was keeping the 24’ Prowler trailer I would be getting that setup. But I’m going to sell it so I don’t have to pay for storage.
It was hard to drop $500 on "insurance" but I'm always wondering what the tire pressure is in all 10 tires every time I drive the truck. No one wants to go check 10 tires pressure before every run. A while back, I had a flat tire on an inner dually wheel and didn't even know it for a while. If a trailer tire went flat on my 2 axle trailer, I could potentially not know until there was a HUGE catastrophe. I don't wanna be THAT guy with a flipped trailer on the side of the road, 2 states from home.

BigBusa

BAMF+
I had the TST setup... kind of a pain to run an antenna for the trailer... but did ok. Ended up selling it to some old timer... guess he didnt realize he's going to be spending some loot to get the sensors installed...lol.
That must have been an old school set-up. These new ones generally don't need a repeater/antenna. Installing the sensors is as simple as installing a valve stem cap. Programming them is very straight forward.
You can easily remove the trailer sensors and put them on anything you're towing or even on another vehicle, like a daily driver. You may have to reprogram the psi alarms for the tire pressures and tire temps.

That must have been an old school set-up. These new ones generally don't need a repeater/antenna. Installing the sensors is as simple as installing a valve stem cap. Programming them is very straight forward.
You can easily remove the trailer sensors and put them on anything you're towing or even on another vehicle, like a daily driver. You may have to reprogram the psi alarms for the tire pressures and tire temps.
Thanks for the tip on the sensors great to know esp on old cars that you don't to bend over and check tire pressure all the time

Thanks for the tip on the sensors great to know esp on old cars that you don't to bend over and check tire pressure all the time. I wonder if they make them for motorcycles

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
No pain for me. When I bought a set of 4 to install on my old 5th wheel, I bought a repeater. It was a little plastic box about the size of two packs of ciggies end-to-end. I put it up under the frame on the front of the 5th wheel next to the hitch pin.

Made it easy to tie into the running lights harness. Every time I tow, I turn on the parking lights at a minimum, and it powers the repeater for the tire pressure sensors. It gave me peace of mind driving up the ALCAN Highway through the Yukon.

Top Bottom