When you have 3 Kids and a Mini Clubman is the fix

ZRXChris

BAMF
Long time...

Last M/C I had was Omega’s used Husky.
Ten years and 3 kids later and I just got a used 2010 Mini Clubman. Going to North GA this weekend and gonna keep count of how many sportbikes I pass...

bonus I get to take my 9yr old with me.

oh yeah, fuck you to DP and Big Busa!

Attachments

OP

ZRXChris

BAMF
Do you ever come over to the Barber track?

I'm there at least twice a year...
no i would need a motorcycle for that.

last track day at Barber was ‘07 I think. We had a super moto train in the INT group, it was so funny when the sportbikes would have to get out of our way at the spider turns then they blow by us on the straights, then they had to give way again. Instructor had to tell people how SM’s made “L” turns

OP

ZRXChris

BAMF
Nothing much, figured I’d pop in here after 10 years and see what’s up.

After a lot of research with the 2nd gen Justa” Clubman since the the higher mileage S versions seemed to have more issues if the previous owner didn’t take good care of them. Gotta say the Mini boards aren’t as helpful for newbies, getting better advice and help on the FB groups.
I love the car, it’s so much fun.
Going to North GA this weekend to stay at William (MountainRiders) house. Got a fun loop planned and everything.

North GA Mini Runs
My Maps

BigGar

high on placebo
Mine's a "later" 2007 with the turbo (R56).

I need to do the full "pull the front end off" oil leaks fix. It's got a few and it's not really that hard of a job, and parts aren't too spendy, just time consuming to get it apart. Probably do the valve cover gasket as well and have a look at the timing chain guides as they're prone to shitting the bed. Bought it from OG member MadMax a few years back. It's burly's daily driver and she's probably put 25,000 miles on. It's got 110,000 or so on it now. Rumor has it that doing the walnut shell de-carbon program on the intake valves brings back the original performance. Haven't had a look down my intake plenums to see if they're all fuckered with carbon. Automatic transmissions are suspect but ours has been so far so good :) The car does have a kind of "roar" at high RPM that concerns me, but it's sounded like that for years. I think if it was going to come apart it would have by now, but I'd love to feel a little more confident beating the fuck out of it.

OP

ZRXChris

BAMF
R56 has some of the same issues as mine, an R55.

things I’ve been told to look out for...
1. timing chain, hopefully it was already replaced under warranty. Original ones had a plastic guide.
2. water pump
3. Thermostat housing (plastic, tends to melt)
4. MAP/MAF and O2 sensors seem to be a regular issue.
5. make sure when you replace the valve cover gasket, it’s an OEM part. Mine had been replaced about 6 months ago by the previous owner and sure enough a week after I bought the car, I was replacing the MAP sensor to clear a code and saw my Mini was weeping oil when I took the airbox off. My local import guy said that it probably wasn’t an OEM gasket when he replaced it.
6. I got one of those Bluetooth OBD tools and that’s helped me a lot. These Mini’s throw a lot of codes.

damn you bought Lee’s Mini...funny.

RobBase

BAMF
I thought you looked familiar.
Do you remember leaving one of the Labusas bros stranded on the side of the road so he could push
Hapo's Warrior back 7 miles to GrrkGrrl's place?
I don't remember lots of things, but this incident, I still remember it clearly.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
I thought you looked familiar.
Do you remember leaving one of the Labusas bros stranded on the side of the road so he could push
Hapo's Warrior back 7 miles to GrrkGrrl's place?
I don't remember lots of things, but this incident, I still remember it clearly.
Dear Rob... are you trying to use Chris' mini thread as a vehicle to get into his pants??? Asking for a suspicious friend is all. :fu: :eek4::billyv::girl-wacko::girl-phone2::wacko3::watermelon::chimpanzee::billetman::peppermintpatty::peppermintpatty::peppermintpatty::peppermintpatty::peppermintpatty::peppermintpatty::peppermintpatty:

RobBase

BAMF
No.
Just a quirk of my mentality that I can remember a fucked up thing done to someone for so long is all.
I've been known to hold a grudge.

BigGar

high on placebo
Aaaaaand... Driver's side window regulator took a shit in the In-N-Out drive thru...

A gazillion torks bolts later, it's all apart with a new one on the way.

Faaaaaaack...

RobBase

BAMF
So either you don't remember what happened or you think it's funny.
Which one is it?
I admit, I wasn't on the road with you guys when it happened, but I do remember the look on Tim's face when he returned after pushing Hapo's bike back. He was redder than a tomato and madder than mad.
Is there another side to the story as to why you left him for dead?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Seems there were two groups on that ride.
I think Tim had already gone out in the first group and then Mr.Lucky, Biohazard and myself in the second group, I think.

I was never clear on what had happened until Tim got back and he was indeed red faced and mad.
Me being hung over wasn't helping me process anything and being on strange roads to me was even more confusing when I got asked why we left him for dead...
...since I had not even seen him when we left out.

Some of it's still fuzzy but, I blame it on all the medication I was taking at the time...
...nothing to do with the Sake or all that beer consumed.
It was a great time and nobody died even though there was a close call for a highway worker near Memphis on the way over.

RobBase

BAMF
It was a good time at the party.
But I only know one side of the story, but if Tim says he got screwed, I believe him. I mean, if I saw a stranger on a bike on the side of the road, they would get, at a minimum, at least the offer to help.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It was a good time at the party.
But I only know one side of the story, but if Tim says he got screwed, I believe him. I mean, if I saw a stranger on a bike on the side of the road, they would get, at a minimum, at least the offer to help.
Yeah, I never saw him on the road and I'm sure it was because they had taken a different route...
...or I was really more fucked up than I thought I was.

RobBase

BAMF
Tim was riding Hapo's warrior. I believe Lucky rode Anastasia's silver busa. I was riding the 2004 Grand Caravan.
Does the bike even matter?
You were there. I do remember your Tom Petty looking self dancing around the fire with your snake filled fire water.

You're right about the human brain and the memories it stores. I can remember this shit from 15 years ago, but
I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
the snake juice was a gift of dazee by way of someone. I did get a scolding for lighting one of Tonys cracks...lol Wretch looked like TIMs younger brother. Think I had a rental car... its all a blur. Remember the TWO event much better. Even the dipshit loser wannabe tough guy millenium falcon who cost us a day with his GA backroad shortcuts. He embodied the 98% Boosa loser demographic that shamed a historical model. First his do do diligence of ride bys to verify I wasnt 5oh. His ignorant riding through 30mph residential roads and his stupidity.

Top Bottom