when friends help you fix stuff

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I have a friend here, actually a good friend not someone I just know, who sometimes asks me for help fixing stuff or sometimes will help me when I need an extra hand.

as much as I appreciate his help. his first reaction when thing don't go completely right is to force it instead of looking to see whats wrong. As such I'm always on my toes when he's around. Things break, usually its his own stuff, which I feel sorry for him, but in the end, still my friend, and we usually have a shot or two of whiskey when all is done and a good laugh.

after he leaves I sometimes fix his shit but I don't think he knows...

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
bigger hammer...

and

do you like ice with your scotch or do you like it neat..? :lol:

BilletMan

BAMF+
If you lived right up the street, we would likely get along great and build some killer shit, once the pecking order was established! :D

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
None of my close guy friends are wrench-idiots... My neighbors, well, that's another story...

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
I don't work well with fucking idiots other people.
That's me to a T. I move, think, perform quickly when I'm on task and anyone "working" around me usually ends up getting in the way and ultimately hurt. Sometimes I end up getting hurt myself to protect someone "helping" me.

I don't let others help me unless I clearly define the scope of their interaction and I've safeguarded the tools such that they can't hurt themselves.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I find it safest to just start there...

...I am pretty good at fixing stuff that can be fixed with hammers...

...a man's got to know his limitations, right...?!?...

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
So basically, your friend is like Bill in the Red Green show..

Top Bottom