What's your next bike, or are you content with what you've got?

Hapo

Dog Boy

...New Haven...

...the little bike is a gas but people seem to fuk with us...

...on other bikes you don't notice...LoL...

...it is the little wheels that are the conundrum...

...they are doing what they are there for...keeping my speeds down...

...it is indeed a conundrum...I get frustrated with the little bike and yet like it better each time I ride it...

...I keep thinking I need something with bigger wheels...so I can carry more speed...ect....

...then I am too busy keeping it on the road to consider all that stuff...I feel like I am riding like Rally Sport Ricky Racer...

...I guess to some degree I am, but when I eat it again, I will probably (hopefully) be doing 30 mph or so like last time...there is that...

Last edited:
OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Edit these nuts, fucking douchebag pest!
I had a nicely modded 2nd Gen FZ1, I skipped over the FZ/MT-10 because it's not visually appealing to me. But there are a lot of things I do like about it, and I think I could get past the looks and maybe whore it up a little.

I know Stuman Stuman has some time on one (the track day wheelie vid rocks 😀)..... who else has spent some time on one? Thoughts...

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
I had a nicely modded 2nd Gen FZ1, I skipped over the FZ/MT-10 because it's not visually appealing to me. But there are a lot of things I do like about it, and I think I could get past the looks and maybe whore it up a little.

I know Stuman Stuman has some time on one (the track day wheelie vid rocks 😀)..... who else has spent some time on one? Thoughts...
Mechanically, it's fine. That crossplane engine note is more than fine. However, that front end with the lights and whatnot...kind of tough not to see an Anime Praying Mantis or Transformer. It needs help.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Mechanically, it's fine. That crossplane engine note is more than fine. However, that front end with the lights and whatnot...kind of tough not to see an Anime Praying Mantis or Transformer. It needs help.
That's one of the things that falls under the "whore it up a little" part of the program....😀

But who knows? 🤔

Hapo

Dog Boy
...how did that work out...???...sorry I am in no position to be helpful...

...I would check it out if the bike were an hour or so away...

Hapo

Dog Boy
what's this worth.... ~300 miles... stock 2019 kawasaki z125... selling for a female friend....

View attachment 69859
...right now $3000...don't forget all the dealer fees...it is hard to get a deal on these cheap bikes...

...it is hard to find a Z125 in stock...list is $3,299...used bikes are scares...

Last edited:
Website
www.bobbywarns.com
What in the holy fuck is this?

Bandit Man

BAMF
Spotted this cafe'd '79 GL1000 for sale locally. Mighty tempting...
Edit: I forgot to add, he's only asking $3000 for it since the battery isn't charging.

Pretty sure you have to pull the engine to get to the stator on this one. Might as well throw a clutch in it while it's apart. I would offer the guy no more than 500 bucks for it.

Sometimes you can get lucky and it's just the connector.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF

Great bike. The only issue I had was gas millage, around 35mpg, so every time I went riding I had to get gas.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I really like the mt10. It handled really well, has great power and is really comfortable.
Wait.. it gets better !

Seat concept sells seat for the mt 09 / mt 07 too

I LOVE that seat on my husky..

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Great bike. The only issue I had was gas millage, around 35mpg, so every time I went riding I had to get gas.
Don't ever buy a tuono..

4.5 gallon tank gets you 110 miles...even if you ride it like a granny..

24 mpg or so..

I have seen with the travel timer it has in the cluster that tank of fuel will last 1.5-2 hours before refueling :lol:

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

That is definitely something that I've read/heard multiple times. What I don't know is how an ECU flash impacts the mileage?

Hapo

Dog Boy
Pretty sure you have to pull the engine to get to the stator on this one. Might as well throw a clutch in it while it's apart. I would offer the guy no more than 500 bucks for it.

Sometimes you can get lucky and it's just the connector.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Spotted this cafe'd '79 GL1000 for sale locally. Mighty tempting...
Edit: I forgot to add, he's only asking $3000 for it since the battery isn't charging.

Pretty sure that rolling turd had still has the contact breaker ignition on the end of the camshaft driven by a belt. The ignition timing is usually only in the ballpark of where it needs to be.
It is also hideous to look at. Fucking hideous.

chandler

BAMF
Since y'all brought up fuel mileage. I have an 08 Speed Triple that gets pretty near 50 mpg even when risen hard. Initial, I thought maybe something was wrong with the odo or fueling but everything checks out. When riding with Tuonos, I get gas every other stop just to piss them off. Also, that thing has the flatest torque curve around even without the button!

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Since y'all brought up fuel mileage. I have an 08 Speed Triple that gets pretty near 50 mpg even when risen hard. Initial, I thought maybe something was wrong with the odo or fueling but everything checks out. When riding with Tuonos, I get gas every other stop just to piss them off. Also, that thing has the flatest torque curve around even without the button!
Yup Aprilia v4s are thirsty fuckers

My gf laughs at me with her gladius.. it does close to 60 miles more between fill ups

Hapo

Dog Boy
...how much weight does it add...???...

...how far can you go on a tank...???...

...asking for a friend...

Bandit Man

BAMF
...how much weight does it add...???...

...how far can you go on a tank...???...

...asking for a friend...
The machine is about 5 lbs in the backpack. The big battery lasts about 5 hours and the little one about 2. They would last longer if I could get away with a lower setting but unfortunately I can't.

The E size tanks last about two hours if I don't push it. If I doing a lot of walking they only go about an hour and a half.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I would want N02 injection...can they do that...???...

...the tank sounds like the difficult part to manage although I can imagine getting a helmet over the breathing apparatus being difficult if not impossible...I have been having problems getting my glasses on...

...are the O2 thanks like scuba tanks...???...3000 psi...???...

...inquiring minds n' shit...

...a good friend who has given up riding might want to ride the Benelli when he sees it and he is getting into all this behind some CPD he has acquired recently...

...I see this in my future as well...

Last edited:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a chronic inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow from the lungs. Symptoms include breathing difficulty, cough, mucus (sputum) production and wheezing. It's typically caused by long-term exposure to irritating gases or particulate matter, most often from cigarette smoke...
..or other things. Maybe a little more THC will clear that up. :roll:

Just sayin'...

Bandit Man

BAMF
...I would want N02 injection...can they do that...???...

...the tank sounds like the difficult part to manage although I can imagine getting a helmet over the breathing apparatus being difficult if not impossible...I have been having problems getting my glasses on...

...are the O2 thanks like scuba tanks...???...3000 psi...???...

...inquiring minds n' shit...

...a good friend who has given up riding might want to ride the Benelli when he sees it and he is getting into all this behind some CPD he has acquired recently...

...I see this in my future as well...
They are 2000psi. A little smaller round but taller.

20200929_071426.jpg

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
The machine is about 5 lbs in the backpack. The big battery lasts about 5 hours and the little one about 2. They would last longer if I could get away with a lower setting but unfortunately I can't.

The E size tanks last about two hours if I don't push it. If I doing a lot of walking they only go about an hour and a half.
Tap into bike's charging system to charge batteries while riding.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
What in the holy fuck is this?

They have a nice feel and will actually lift the front end. @Cdolan has one I believe

Top Bottom