What's your next bike, or are you content with what you've got?

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
What do you think of Tuono as compared to your Panigale?
They don't really compare, they are so different.

The Panigale might as well be a race bike. It's like 200hp and 375lbs wet. The bike literally has the best parts money can buy on it from top to bottom. There is probably over $65k into that bike. It is way overkill as a street bike, it's uncomfortable, hot and so high strung it's hard to ride around on. The power of the Duc is pretty violent, I've never ridden a VTwin that revs so quickly and so high but still has insane low-end torque. I think the power is that way because it is the R with all the lightened internals in the motor. It turns heads at the coffee shop :) On the track the bike is insane.

The Tuono is a really fun bike to ride on the street. It is way more comfortable around town, but like any naked bike not the best on the highway because of the wind blast. It feels very small but has a lot of power. Not the power the duc has, but it is much more rideable on the street. The V4 kinda feels more like a cross plane R1 the way it makes power. I haven't had the Tuono on the track yet, but I think it should do pretty well.

The electronics on both bikes are really good. Both have up/down paddles that you can use to adjust the traction control while riding. The Tuono even has launch control. Again I haven't had the Tuono on the track yet so I haven't been able to push the traction control real hard.

For me the Duc will spend most of it's life in my living room and on the race track and not much time on the street (probably just to cars and coffee). The Tuono will be ridden to work 3 days a week when the weather is nice and I'll probably do some fun rides in the canyons on weekends too.

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
They don't really compare, they are so different.

The Panigale might as well be a race bike. It's like 200hp and 375lbs wet. The bike literally has the best parts money can buy on it from top to bottom. There is probably over $65k into that bike. It is way overkill as a street bike, it's uncomfortable, hot and so high strung it's hard to ride around on. The power of the Duc is pretty violent, I've never ridden a VTwin that revs so quickly and so high but still has insane low-end torque. I think the power is that way because it is the R with all the lightened internals in the motor. It turns heads at the coffee shop :) On the track the bike is insane.

The Tuono is a really fun bike to ride on the street. It is way more comfortable around town, but like any naked bike not the best on the highway because of the wind blast. It feels very small but has a lot of power. Not the power the duc has, but it is much more rideable on the street. The V4 kinda feels more like a cross plane R1 the way it makes power. I haven't had the Tuono on the track yet, but I think it should do pretty well.

The electronics on both bikes are really good. Both have up/down paddles that you can use to adjust the traction control while riding. The Tuono even has launch control. Again I haven't had the Tuono on the track yet so I haven't been able to push the traction control real hard.

For me the Duc will spend most of it's life in my living room and on the race track and not much time on the street (probably just to cars and coffee). The Tuono will be ridden to work 3 days a week when the weather is nice and I'll probably do some fun rides in the canyons on weekends too.
I forgot your Panigale was a twin. Just wondering if I'd be happy with Tuono after my V4S. Thanks for the writeup!

BarryW

BAM
Pretty happy with my '18 Africa Twin, but took a demo ride on a new Triumph Tiger 850 Sport recently and was impressed. My last bike was a '16 Tiger 800 and I only traded it for the A-T because it developed intermittent cranking issues I could never eliminate. This new one felt way better than my old one. It seems they addressed every single thing I would've changed on the old one when they designed the new ones. Told the dealer to give me a call when the demo model comes up for sale. Like I said, no real complaints with the Honda, but that Triumph really put a smile on my face. :smile2:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...the thing with the little Benelli is I keep looking for another gear...

...the 4 speed gear box is one thing that kept me off a Grom...

kawachan

BAMF
I got within 3 inches of T-boning a lil car Saturday in my truck. 4 lane road with a turning lane and homeboy in his lil Scion pulled right out when the guy beside me turned right onto his side road. Glad he gassed it real hard or he'd have been wearing a new 1500 grill in his teeth.....

Hapo

Dog Boy
...as with many proper hand tools the parameters have been well laid...

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Just last Sunday, my 2015 SD set a personal speed record
for a nekkid bike in Borrego desert.
169 mph at 8800 rpm in 6th gear, which turns out to also be 'the HP peak.
Shifted the lower gears at 10k at the limiter.
My other nekkid bikes: 2020 Kaw Z H 2, 2020 Aprilia RSV4 Tuono,
2019 Yamaha MT 10 and Duc V4s Street Fighter have run 159 to 164 mph on the same stretch.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
That's hauling the mail with no fairing....
>>>is the ZH2 speed limited?<<<<
Very much so.
The throttle closes to 60 % past 10,000 rpm.
Gearing is also lower than it could be.
Note the RPM vs MPH on the You Tube Video at the bottom.

Will try to get the Video of the KTM up in a week or two.
Nobody has been able to crack the more encrypted ECU.
My 2015 H 2 went from 186 to 225 RWHP with ECU flash.
The 2020 H2 SX SE can be flashed and Brock claims 260 hp
with flash, full exhaust, and air filter.
This will give me an upright sitting position.

ZH 2 run :

whipit1K

BAMF
Very much so.
The throttle closes to 60 % past 10,000 rpm.
Gearing is also lower than it could be.
Note the RPM vs MPH on the You Tube Video at the bottom.

Will try to get the Video of the KTM up in a week or two.
Nobody has been able to crack the more encrypted ECU.
My 2015 H 2 went from 186 to 225 RWHP with ECU flash.
The 2020 H2 SX SE can be flashed and Brock claims 260 hp
with flash, full exhaust, and air filter.
This will give me an upright sitting position.

ZH 2 run :

Typical. I imagine the type of dude who wants a supercharged naked bie is also the type of dude who will not receive a neutered bike with open arms

C. Dolan

BAMF+
2020 Speed Twin

View attachment 66585

2021 Updates: New inverted Marzocchi's up front, radial M50 Brembos, race-inspired Metzlers and improved engine performance..... anticipated to be in dealers by August.....

View attachment 66593

View attachment 66594

For it's intended purpose the 2020 is fine with me.

I did put stiffer springs in the front since
the original 50 mm sag was a bit much.

The rear Ohlins from a Thruxton ( $ 600 ebay ) made the rear better. It wallowed like a water bed in the corners, before.

r1racer

All Q All the Time
For it's intended purpose the 2020 is fine with me.

I did put stiffer springs in the front since
the original 50 mm sag was a bit much.

The rear Ohlins from a Thruxton ( $ 600 ebay ) made the rear better. It wallowed like a water bed in the corners, before.
Agreed.... It's great to see Triumph investing in their already very good Speed Twin platform..... picking up a slightly used discounted one could be a bargain..... decisions decisions....

Still considering the WW2 bobber inspired Softail Slim but it's getting a bit long in the tooth..... single piston caliper front, ABS (optional), no 114 M8 engine, needs pinion seat/pegs, pricey.....

We also looked at the updated 114 Street Bob yesterday with oem ape hangers.... it left us uninspired.....

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it takes big balls to ride that shit...

...I am thinking of another stock Benelli TnT 135...

...I am having some trouble with the latest brain injury but I am thinking as best I can here and it seems like the mini bike was just right for what I want now...

...I even enjoyed a "race" already that I did not win with a Honda 150 scooter...we must have hit 50 mph there once...!!!...

...he had on top us but we were quicker...LoL...

...I was really starting to like the little bike right up until the crashy bit...even that was not so bad except for the cop part...

...when you can get up and be pissed off, how bad can it be...???... (grin)

...I was not doing more than 35 mph, probably less...

...I would say so, as, you know, I didn't really smash anything...except the little bike...

...it looks like there are still a couple of those left...

...my big plan is to put a deposit on one and pay it off with the insurance check...high financing...LoL..

...I still seem to heal ok for an old guy...I doubt that left thumb joint will ever be the same but it is already coming back some...

...God ain't done with me yet I guess...I best just keep doing Hapo as best I can...

...best just leave me alone for a spell though...:wacko3:

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...maybe some of these...at least three...!!!...might as well go Full Cisco here...LoL...

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
...I am having some trouble with the latest brain injury but I am thinking as best I can here and it seems like the mini bike was just right for what I want now...
Keep in mind that concussions are cumulative, especially when close to each other. Also, for me he most severe symptoms did not show up until a week later and lasted for over six months. It took couple of years (if ever) to fully recover.

Hapo

Dog Boy
Keep in mind that concussions are cumulative, especially when close to each other. Also, for me he most severe symptoms did not show up until a week later and lasted for over six months. It took couple of years (if ever) to fully recover.
...I was doing so nicely with that too...now I feel a little bit like I am goona puke just sitting here...

...I plan to spend much of today on hold and talking to unhelpful people who are supposed to help...

...even the canna doc is jerking us around...

...the only person I expect will be helpful today is the bike salesman...and I am not counting on him either...

Last edited:
Top Bottom