What's your next bike, or are you content with what you've got?

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Or... Buy a VMax and not do any of that

• Red
Reactions: Red

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I'm wobbling between an FTR and the XSR900.
The FTR has to be the maroon and white paintjob. The dealers have lots of FTR's hardly any are maroon and white. They have some white ones and black ones. The bike is an absolute blast to ride, even a stock one pops gently the throttle is rolled off, and there's plenty of grunt there when the twist goes the other way.
Only drawback is it weighs what a Busa does.:confused:
The front brake is spongy as fuk. Go down a line of ten FTR's the front brake is spongy on every one.

The XSR has to be red and white. It has one small instrument that's all digital. Everything displayed is too tiny to read and its illegible in sunlight anyway. It's as rude a bike as the FTR, just not as obvious about it. The motor is all good sounds and power that starts to feel nice as low as 5KRPM. Anything the bike has wrong with it can be cured by the $4K less than the Indian. Plus it weighs 23- 30 kg less than the FTR fuk dieting.

Both bikes use keys, WTF? Im spoiled by the Concours that uses a fob like every goddam car in the world. Even low level FORDS all use fobs, as do the former FCA shitboxes, calling the corporation Stellantis instead of FCA won't make us forget FIAT. Anyway, bikes are the last to get anything, fuel injection was revolutionary on high end sportbikes when every Chevy Malibu sold had it standard. Fob ignitions and legible instruments shouldnt be a big ask in 2021.

ZRX4ME

BAMF
still planning on getting my next bike at end of year. So far its MT-10, Z900RS, Z900 and possible the projected sports touring bike Honda may bring in 2022 with Africa twin 1100.
I have to say, the 2021 GSXR750 has got my old school DNA hot for this grey. The bike is old and low tech, and the price of $12,500 is way too much compared to the MT-10, but I do like it.

60792dec9ff1a41a1f50c4a7.jpg

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Under consideration right now:

2021 Tuono factory v 2021 Ducati Street fighter.

ZX 400, maybe 2 or 5? I’d like to have a small fleet of them for track day hysterics

A reasonable R6 in basic working condition, would need to have a factory quick shifter, not sure what year they started doing that. I’d also strongly consider a quick shift on my current 2012 R6.

Mini-moto, a 150 maybe, with 12” wheels

An adventure bike, probably something unimaginative like a BMW GS1250.

That’s it for bikes today, I probably have a similar list for cars and or trucks.
wow, seems so long ago....

So since then:
Husky FS450 (supermoto)
Husky FE501 (enduro)
EX400 Ninja (Ninja) lol

I've re-thought the R6 deal as I have one thats well on it's way to being a good race bike. The naked standards have moved lower on the list but not off. I've rode a mini moto and don't want one anymore. That leaves an adventure bike near the top slot. I've also added the Aprilia RS660 as a possible, and maybe a 2021 BMW1000RR or GSXR1000r......still might pick up another EX400, or ride the one I bought(?) seriously though I'm shopping on suspension for the 400 now as well as a few other items.. I've done 23 trackdays this year so far, going to the Ridge next weekend for 3 days and signing up for new racer school June 25th. I might try a race on the 26/27, that's kinda reorientated my landscape.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Probably a KLX 300, I'm missing the dual purpose world.
Still haven't picked a winner in the XSR900 vs FTR comparison, no other bike entered the contest.

Seeing the rave reviews of Harley's entry into the adv class, if the MoCo takes that motor and revives the BareKnuckle Streetfighter concept, I may score one and pose away into the sunset.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
still planning on getting my next bike at end of year. So far its MT-10, Z900RS, Z900 and possible the projected sports touring bike Honda may bring in 2022 with Africa twin 1100.
I have to say, the 2021 GSXR750 has got my old school DNA hot for this grey. The bike is old and low tech, and the price of $12,500 is way too much compared to the MT-10, but I do like it.

View attachment 65641
MT 10 FTW.👍😈

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I keep thinking about a new bike. I've been commuting on my Concours since I got it new in '08 and I've been thinking about getting something new for a commuter bike. My commute to work is only about 15 miles on a toll road and I keep thinking it would be nice to get something a little more fun for the short trip. I ride to work pretty much every day except if it raining hard.

So I was thinking about maybe getting a naked bike or a sport bike to ride to work, just to make the commute more fun. Then I rode my Ducati into work last week on a cold (for CA that is) morning. I missed the big windshield on my Kawi.

For now I think I'll just keep the Concours and ride it into the ground. So no new bike on the horizon for me for now. Maybe a new race bike if I get the itch to race again and make a run at some championships.
Funny, I posted this in January and ended up buying a Naked bike a couple weeks ago. I think I'm going to keep the Concours though and just ride the Aprilia on nice days.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I have the Benelli TnT 135 but never rode it...

...trying to be rid of it TBPH...

...I was looking at the KLX 300 too...but I wouldn't ride that either...

...I don't know where I got the Idea of thinking I could...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I am not going to return the helmet but I am sending the boots I did not get from Pra back...(what was I thinking!?)...I would have sent them back in any case...the toe box is snug but the uppers are way to large and not adjustable enough to accommodate...

...methinks the bikelet will sell before I ride it...

...I at the E room trying to get a rabies shot now...

...as it is a deadly incurable disease that inflicts a horrific death they have the vaccine well wrapped in red tape...

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...BV can have it if he comes and gets it...I can't go out there...

...the Benelli, not the rabies...

...maybe he will deliver the shop stuff I never bought... (grin)

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
i can fit it all in the Rav... but not sure if the Rav can handle the weight...

may have to use the Highlander but it will be tight with a pup...

soon after Memorial Day would work for me... will be at the folks on the 3rd...

You think bennelli would fit in the Highlander? It would fit and then some in the Rav...

the PM's are busted right...?

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Whoever keeps changing this LOVES the cock 🖕
Funny, I posted this in January and ended up buying a Naked bike a couple weeks ago. I think I'm going to keep the Concours though and just ride the Aprilia on nice days.
The C14 is just a solid old mule of a bike, I've thought about selling mine, but it's still a really capable machine....👍

Hapo

Dog Boy
...well, I did start riding the Benelli TnT 135 and I can say that I am content with it...I will just have to be a midnight ryder...

...kind of like the good old days when flash was still around...

...I guess BV can still borrow it...

...it fits the bill for me these days...I am on a mission keeping up with traffic...

...I have gained some respect for Cisco's riding here, going 100 on one of these...

...it is more compromised by the little wheels on rough roads than I would have liked but steers quickly enough to avoid a lot of bumps and holes I could ignore on the DR 650/DRZ 400...

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I have always wanted to mess with those racing side cars...

...maybe set one up for the dog...she likes to ride the G's...

LuxPride

BAMF
I'm looking forward to eyeballing the new Harley off-road job, I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. Maybe a new Tenure 700, something in that category. Gotta have the right tool if I'm going to troll for chicks in the REI parking lot.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
...I have always wanted to mess with those racing side cars...

...maybe set one up for the dog...she likes to ride the G's...
I've often thought a racing sidecar would be a hoot on the street, but it doesn't seem like it would be as practical or comfortable as a normal sidecar.

Just like a street legal Sprint Car would be fun on the streets, but highly impractical...

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
I'm looking forward to eyeballing the new Harley off-road job, I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. Maybe a new Tenure 700, something in that category. Gotta have the right tool if I'm going to troll for chicks in the REI parking lot.
You should roll into a subaru dealership... see if any of those models can lure lesbos to the other side...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
A friend of mine on one of the Ducati boards rode one last week, he was impressed as fuck, which surprised me. He's a bit of a picky asshole. But fast as hell. PM me if you want the deets on his long road test...

LuxPride

BAMF
A friend of mine on one of the Ducati boards rode one last week, he was impressed as fuck, which surprised me. He's a bit of a picky asshole. But fast as hell. PM me if you want the deets on his long road test...
Reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive on the Pan-Am. I'm not going to lie and say I'm going to ride sand dunes in Morrocco or travel from Tibet to South Africa. But it should be a neat bike to ride into the north Georgia mountains for a couple of days.

The new Duc Multistrada 1260 Enduro seems like it's worth a look also.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
My bud Mike also rode the Harley Livewire while he was at the dealership. He was surprised how easy it was to adapt to, but the 140/90 mile range was a deal breaker to him. Especially since he's retired now and doesn't need a commuter.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
My bud Mike also rode the Harley Livewire while he was at the dealership. He was surprised how easy it was to adapt to, but the 140/90 mile range was a deal breaker to him. Especially since he's retired now and doesn't need a commuter.
They’re just not there yet. But soon. I have ridden a couple electric cycles and the power is impressive.

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
Currently I’m somewhere between nothing and a Goldwing. LOL! Trying hard to keep an open mind.

Short list:
Rocket 3. Going back and forth on this one. If happens chances are, it will not last long, as did my Super Adventure 1290R. Too daring of a change?
KTM Super Duke 1290R?
Aprilia Tuono?
BMW S1000R?
New busa?
Goldwing?
Nothing?

Hapo

Dog Boy
...if I had your coin I would seriously consider the Busa...

...it is in a relative sense a bloated pig but I always thought of the Busa as a GT and not a race bike or drag racer anyway...

...I spent thousands on mine and never cracked the engines...

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
...if I had your coin I would seriously consider the Busa...

...it is in a relative sense a bloated pig but I always thought of the Busa as a GT and not a race bike or drag racer anyway...

...I spent thousands on mine and never cracked the engines...
The new busa is definitely in the running. It would have been a sure thing except that I do not "completely" agree with the direction Suzuki decided to go with it. I'm also not that patient.

Top Bottom