What's your next bike, or are you content with what you've got?

VFR Rider

BAMF
Long haul comfort and fun in the mountains. Light and agile. Engine is brilliant.......smooth and torquey. Stock seat and screen were crap but easily replaced. Has ABS, TC, electronic cruise control, heated grips and a quick shifter. Really enjoying this one.

IMG_2794.JPG

Last edited:

WARREN

BAMF+
I have a recurring lust for a big tire, busa powered drag bike.
Low maintenance, lap the fuck out if it a couple weekends a month through the short summer we have up here.
Should be able to go high, mid 7's with little issue and not eat parts.

I stopped enjoying city riding several years ago and dont really miss it a whole lot.
Also kids arent quite old enough to throw the wife on the back and fuck off for the day or weekend.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Ergos on a tuono is awesome..comfy as fuck.... sound, vibration..power..best naked out there for handling.. ecu is open to tune or download a map in it using a 30$ fiat cable and an android phone...even on a 2021 uou can do this

When mine blows , i'm putting an engine in it..preferably a 1100 from 2017+ and tuning...
Bought it new in 2012.. never looked back modded the ergos , seat from a 2017, ohlins shock, lowered pegs and toes.. euro headlight wiring ..

Also keeping the husky 701.. its what was missing for an all around bike experience here.
Comfy powerful and great suspension.. a little overweight. Great when we get shitty weather with heated grips and a seat concept seat..

with age i'm proning ergos , handling and lower weight..

I'd love to get a vintage 2 stroke as my next one.. an RD or h1 or h2 water buffalo from 70s..

What i like about bikes , its how diffrent each is when you ride them... like ice cream parlour with 100s of flavors.. so much fun to try some new ones

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
That's wisdom shining through....👍
Funny because my 950adventure and my FJR1300 are both very comfy. And very capable. I am spoiled by the FJRs cruise control, heated grips, power adjustable windscreen, traction control, antilock brakes and the bags I can tuck a weeks worth of groceries into. Loaned it to one of my friends so we could go for a ride (his BMW had a dead battery) and two weeks later he sold the BMW and bought a second Gen FJR.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
Funny because my 950adventure and my FJR1300 are both very comfy. And very capable. I am spoiled by the FJRs cruise control, heated grips, power adjustable windscreen, traction control, antilock brakes and the bags I can tuck a weeks worth of groceries into. Loaned it to one of my friends so we could go for a ride (his BMW had a dead battery) and two weeks later he sold the BMW and bought a second Gen FJR.
That's the ONE thing my C14 needs, cruise control! It's a '14 model so it has TC, ABS, heated grips and electric screen. I feel just like you do towards your FJR. I did that Smoky Mountain trip on it last fall, and it's just a well rounded machine. It hides its weight very well once it is rolling, and handles well even when riding 2-up with luggage. It's silky smooth going down the highway, very comfortable too. I've got risers, a touring seat, and a puig touring screen. It fits me well.

It may not be on the chopping block....🤔

😀

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
That's the ONE thing my C14 needs, cruise control! It's a '14 model so it has TC, ABS, heated grips and electric screen. I feel just like you do towards your FJR. I did that Smoky Mountain trip on it last fall, and it's just a well rounded machine. It hides its weight very well once it is rolling, and handles well even when riding 2-up with luggage. It's silky smooth going down the highway, very comfortable too. I've got risers, a touring seat, and a puig touring screen. It fits me well.

😀
I upgraded the windscreen and want to do a Laam seat. The reach is perfect (and I can adjust them forward or backward by one step) but yeah. Silky smooth and surprisingly fast. I had the ecu reflash by Ivan’s and it woke it up in 1st, 2nd, and Fifth gears and eliminated the restrictions on the cruise control. (The 13 model year was limited to 80mph in cruise control) I can set it and forget it at 100mph if I want.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

I upgraded the windscreen and want to do a Laam seat. The reach is perfect (and I can adjust them forward or backward by one step) but yeah. Silky smooth and surprisingly fast. I had the ecu reflash by Ivan’s and it woke it up in 1st, 2nd, and Fifth gears and eliminated the restrictions on the cruise control. (The 13 model year was limited to 80mph in cruise control) I can set it and forget it at 100mph if I want.
I very much considered the FJR, it's a great bike.

Ivan is who most prefer on the C14 flash too. 👍I had a lot of his stuff on my 2nd gen FZ1.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

😀
I've seen aftermarket automotive cruise controls Obama Rigged onto motorcycles.

BigGar

high on placebo
I'm not content with much of anything right now. Bikes. Cars. Politics. Covid. Work. Travel. It's a fuckin' mess (except work-that's good, but could always be better).
I'd like to get all of the bikes I have back in good nick, then maybe sell a few of them. Then maybe buy something. I am getting the hankering for a side by side, UTV, whatever the cool kids are calling them right now. I'd like it to be fast enough to scare me, but also go over bumps well and not cost me too much. It's also got to fit in the Gartel. That's a lot of want. I'd like to send the KTM down the road after ONE trip to Baja to shake it down. I don't like selling shit that doesn't work, but it's always been a needy bitch. I want another Honda 450. CRF, X, whatever. I'd like it to have an electric leg that I can depend on (unlike KTM's dodgy as fuck electric starter), and some lights. I wouldn't mind one of those CR500 engines in it either. The Warhorse will always be more trackbike than I ever need. I suppose if a truly new, crazy fast Hayabusa came out I'd have to have one. That or a nice used and un-restricted H2.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Long haul comfort and fun in the mountains. Light and agile. Engine is brilliant.......smooth and torquey. Stock seat and screen were crap but easily replaced. Has ABS, TC, electronic cruise control, heated grips and a quick shifter. Really enjoying this one.

View attachment 52465
I'd like to ride one of those for sure. Different tune than the MT?

jhinderliter

BAMF+

😀
you have a Connie and an Ultra ?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
who among us hasn't lusted over one of these bad boys? MC will have wet dreams tonight ..

View attachment 52742
Yep, dream of pissing all over them and the assholes that sit on them. Now that I don't work at a motorcycle place, I am free to flip those fuckers off everytyme I see them. :fu:

Stetson

BAMF+
Like Vinny, I'd like some sort of electric trail bike. In theory, anyway. I've never actually ridden one. I've been dirtbikeless for 15 years now. Want to get back into it.

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I am getting the hankering for a side by side, UTV, whatever the cool kids are calling them right now. I'd like it to be fast enough to scare me, but also go over bumps well and not cost me too much. It's also got to fit in the Gartel. That's a lot of want.
YXZ1000R --- 80mph speed limiter and I can hit that in 4wd on a dirt road with 3ft whoops. It's crazy what these things will do. And if it not fast enough for you they have a turbo kit that pretty much doubles the hp. Fits in my 19' toy box no problem. Just be prepared to spend about $20k for a new one and then another $2k for all the crap you are going to want to do to it.

I wish I had bought one sooner, they are so much fun.

roadczar

BAMF
Been thinking about it for a while now. I’ve owned over 50 bikes of different types. Longest kept were Gen 2 busa and ZX14R. Shortest was KTM Super Adventure 1290r. This bike taught me I really hate tall and/or top-heavy bikes. Never again. Parked on an incline and a full tank, at times I had to get off the bike to take it off the side stand, fuck that!

Panigale V4 is an awesome machine. My only complaint is throttle by wire can be tough to deal with at casual / low speeds, it likes to be manhandled. At times I miss the throttle cables.

Still not sure what the next one will be. Maybe a Ducati Streetfighter v4? I’ve never owned a serious tourer or a cruiser.
Oh…and brand loyalty is for morons. :fu::wink2:

Top Bottom