What's your next bike, or are you content with what you've got?

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Next one will be a fatbike. Fucking parts are hard as hell to come by anymore. Love to build another chinAH frame bike, but I may just have to settle for some name brand to cannibalize.
I ride with a local LBS owner here... he cant even get tubes anymore. 30+ years in the biz and he's patched 2 tubes and those were at events like Codys Challenge or the MS150.
I had to wait a month to get a replacement frame on my Felt... and my brake line is still weeks out. :(

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
You know I probably railed the shit out of my busa more when it was stock then after all the engine work. Don't get me wrong, I still like to leave dark stripes of rubber on the road coming out of a turn, but it generally hits too hard mid turn for how heavy it is, I have to be pretty much dedicated in a straight line to really hit it. I pretty much ride everything else faster in the turns.

nearly stock, a Hayabusa is a great motorcycle.
yes, I know how you feel. I have never used Bu hard since she was resurrected. Previous to that she was fucking hammered...

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
yes, I know how you feel. I have never used Bu hard since she was resurrected. Previous to that she was fucking hammered...
if you have the suspension dialed in, maybe a gear change, good brake pads, you're pretty much good shape.

I ride with a local LBS owner here... he cant even get tubes anymore. 30+ years in the biz and he's patched 2 tubes and those were at events like Codys Challenge or the MS150.
I had to wait a month to get a replacement frame on my Felt... and my brake line is still weeks out. :(
Damn used market is insane as well. Should unload my Yeti right now.

Did you do any work to the Super?
Nothing mechanical. I thought about the Malossi 4 valve head and piston but have not gotten around to it. Just hit 2000 miles on it. Added the rear rack, top box , windscreen, and bar ends. I love it. As much fun as any of the others.
Also I did not vote for Biden๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
That does sound awesome. What all have you done?
Everything he has plus a larger injector and lightened the stator a 1/2 lb. Only problem is the tuning. Been working with Mica at AF1 and I have to get him the scooter so he can do a custom rexxer tune. Its a PIA to mail the ecu back & forth. Gerald got his # on pump 93 and low rpms. If you raise the rev limiter another 1500... it will sing along with mr12 40 at the tire should be attainable. Thats about 25 ft lbs of torks

Everything he has plus a larger injector and lightened the stator a 1/2 lb. Only problem is the tuning. Been working with Mica at AF1 and I have to get him the scooter so he can do a custom rexxer tune. Its a PIA to mail the ecu back & forth. Gerald got his # on pump 93 and low rpms. If you raise the rev limiter another 1500... it will sing along with mr12 40 at the tire should be attainable. Thats about 25 ft lbs of torks
Were you able to increase the top speed? Also how much did that set you back? Ballpark figure.... Are the parts no longer available?

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Were you able to increase the top speed? Also how much did that set you back? Ballpark figure.... Are the parts no longer available?
All in Im at 3800... dont think the cam or billet throttle body is available anymore. Think he got tired of folks wanting free tech.
You could do the malossi kit and rexxer stuff thru AF1. If youre in Austin stop by... he'll let you ride the shop one.

chuck356

BAMF
I've been thinning my herd down, now that I am not a dealer and can't slap a dealer plate on a bike and go, it takes the fun out of having multiple bikes on the road. One year I rode 7 different bikes, but plates and insurance would eat me alive to do that now. However, I do have lustful feelings for another British bike, a proper Brit bike from the '70's, not the faggot-ass repros they sell today. And a Super Sherpa for an adventure/neighborhood bike.

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
I've used the term unicorn bike, maybe there is no such thing for me, but something might be real damned close. I'm looking for it.
Yeah I'm happy with my current bikes, KTM690 and a Ducati Monster but I can't get this thing out of my head..52425

Several of my peeps have picked one up and have zero complaints.

Yamaha left the door open for the typical aftermarket mods that everyone does anyway.
I really think a mid sized multi-functional bike is the unicorn you seek.

Low entry price-
Minimal Maint-
Low insurance rates-
Plentiful aftermarket-
Cops don't even notice you-

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
Yeah I'm happy with my current bikes, KTM690 and a Ducati Monster but I can't get this thing out of my head..View attachment 52425

Yamaha left the door open for the typical aftermarket mods that everyone does anyway.

Low entry price-
Minimal Maint-
Low insurance rates-
Plentiful aftermarket-
I would like to ride one of those for sure...๐Ÿ‘

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

cracks me up how full grown American adults cant pedal...
Me too, knocking on 52, and have not been without a bicycle since my parents bought me my first one. I've never had anything crazy expensive, but always had one, and can still wheelie one. I just run out of steam quicker...๐Ÿ˜€. If my oversized Jethro Bodine looking self can ride, most anyone should be able to. I still have a lot of fun on them.Here is my current bike, and the first one I've owned that somewhat fits me. Nothing special, but it's been a good solid bike. ๐Ÿ‘ I put it beside my FZ1 which is on the center stand for a bit of a size reference lol.

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
Based on this image maybe you need a full size dualsport......

and stop asking so much of that outlet above the bike, I can see the soot all the way over here.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

its funny because you gave someone on Bikeland some advice about getting into ride shape for those DG events via a bicycle many years ago. Harry & Chris might have barbed you about riding sans a seat ...lol
Oh I can assure you they did, fucking cocksuckers...๐Ÿ˜€.

Bicycles started it all for me, so I can never get it across to anyone other than people like me, how much it means to me. My first tool set was to work on my bike, my grandpa taught me how to pack bearings on my bike, take a tube out and patch it, right & left handed threads, just so many things go back to it. No matter how in or out of shape I am at any given time, if I'm on a bike I'm happy. ๐Ÿ‘

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Based on this image maybe you need a full size dualsport......

and stop asking so much of that outlet above the bike, I can see the soot all the way over here.
No soot I promise, that wall has a workbench setup there now.

I just sold my DR650 last year, got a Versys 650LT after that. It's a great little bike, it just needs about 150 more rwhp....๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah I'm happy with my current bikes, KTM690 and a Ducati Monster but I can't get this thing out of my head..View attachment 52425

Low entry price-
Minimal Maint-
Low insurance rates-
Plentiful aftermarket-
Cops don`t even notice you....well they kinda` do notice huge wheelies though. I had several roadside chats with the cops on my RZ 350 and RZ 500. The T7 looks like it encourages lots of foolish nonsense and yes I`d like one too.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Cops don`t even notice you....well they kinda` do notice huge wheelies though. I had several roadside chats with the cops on my RZ 350 and RZ 500. The T7 looks like it encourages lots of foolish nonsense and yes I`d like one too.
I'm not sure if it is the same state of tune as the MT-07 or not, but piped those things sound pretty damned sweet. Which would lead to shenanigans........from me anyway..๐Ÿ‘

Top Bottom