What's your next bike, or are you content with what you've got?

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Oh I like that Triumph!! I can't believe they were selling it that cheap, I thought bikes were in short supply these days.
Del Amo probably the worst when it comes to bait prices, then run it way the hell back up with fees, ADM, etc.
A couple of months ago, lowest they would go was $ 16,000 OTD.
I offered $ 15,000 and they were a bit rude back then.
Yesterday the best they would do was $15545 OTD on the phone.
Today I went there to look at something else.
I went straight to the sales manager and asked what's the best they go OTD, now, no bullshit..
He sez $ 15,000 . I was like ok.
Had a check on me, but they said it would have to clear, first.
Was going to use debit card and they wanted to see a screen shot of my bank account.
Debit card was declined. I may have had some sort of limit, even though the account it was with was pretty flush.
They said they would take a credit card, so Discover it was, and I get 1 1/2 % back which is $ 225.
They, apparently were hungry enough to eat the credit card charge on their side.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
The Triumph is a neat bike, but way over priced in the beginning.
They were about $ 17,995 MSRP when they came out.
With dealer bullshit and high Cali tax / reg , it was well north of $ 20,000.
They made a big deal of it having high end bits, carbon fiber, and limited to 765 made
Turned out that was 765 US, 765 UK, and 765 for the rest of the world.
It was also supposed to be a last year bike, and that may have turned off the public.
As a result, there are a shit load of them all over the country.
One Power Sports Ebay dealer had 15 on Ebay all at the same time.
I think there are hundreds on Cycle Trader.
Del Amo has more than half a dozen with their bait prices and others have bait prices of $ 12,900 + bullshit.
Lowest price I saw from Ebay / Power Sports was $ 13,995 with nothing added.
Would still cost about $ 800 to get it delivered + Cali tax / lic. , so $ 15,000 OTD for a new local one was good.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Was going to use debit card and they wanted to see a screen shot of my bank account.
Debit card was declined. I may have had some sort of limit, even though the account it was with was pretty flush.
They said they would take a credit card, so Discover it was, and I get 1 1/2 % back which is $ 225.
They, apparently were hungry enough to eat the credit card charge on their side.
I hate debit cards. I was looking at a bike about 3hrs away and asked if I could pay with a credit card. Amazing to me that in this day & age everyone thinks they are about to catch a nigerian prince...lol. Same thing on CL stuff... I dont want to have to go to the bank to pull out cash... much rather do venmo or paypal... which both have their fucking limits. :dash2::roll:

chuck356

BAMF
Del Amo probably the worst when it comes to bait prices, then run it way the hell back up with fees, ADM, etc.
A couple of months ago, lowest they would go was $ 16,000 OTD.
I offered $ 15,000 and they were a bit rude back then.
Yesterday the best they would do was $15545 OTD on the phone.
Today I went there to look at something else.
I went straight to the sales manager and asked what's the best they go OTD, now, no bullshit..
He sez $ 15,000 . I was like ok.
I always hated those bait prices, as a dealer even more so. Had more than a few get my price, be told by the customer they were going to Shop X to buy the unit, then show back up in my showroom to take the fair offer I gave them after Shop X added a ton of fees.

OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Wears bright green elf knickers as leg armor
I always hated those bait prices, as a dealer even more so. Had more than a few get my price, be told by the customer they were going to Shop X to buy the unit, then show back up in my showroom to take the fair offer I gave them after Shop X added a ton of fees.
These fucking fees are bullshit, and it's only getting worse IMHO. I just bought a used bike and initially it was comical, punk assed sales staff almost made me throw in the towel. Finally after a few days of worrying the fuck out of them and sensing their frustration, I got handed over to the sales manager. Someone who could actually make a deal without needing permission to do so.

But even then it was not easy, and cash doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Power Sports in Sublimity , Oregon is the best at prices.
MSRP and no " freight and prep " on anything.
Waiting for a blue Yam R 7 from them. They have black, but I'm holding out for blue.
Local Cali dealers putting $ 2300 ADM on top of MSRP. :fuckyou: 'em
Even got $ 500 off MSRP on a 2020 KTM 890 when they first came out and was a hot seller.
Have bought a dozen bikes from them since 2014.

Last edited:

r1racer

All Q All the Time
Power Sports in Sublimity , Oregon is the best at prices.
MSRP and no " freight and prep " on anything.
Waiting for a blue Yam R 7 from them. They have black, but I'm holding out for blue.
Local Cali dealers putting $ 2300 ADM on top of MSRP. :fuckyou: 'em
Even got $ 500 off MSRP on a 2020 KTM 890 when they first came out and was a hot seller.
Have bought a dozen bike from them since 2014.
your experiences in the art of the deal... are much appreciated

Last edited:

r1racer

All Q All the Time
anybody in Hackensack.... kick the tires? probably just needs wax job.....

whipit1K

BAMF
OP
Ninjaman12R

Ninjaman12R

Wears bright green elf knickers as leg armor
I've got the Yamaha on the lift, ECU is out to be flashed, and I put the quickshifter on it. Put HH pads on it last weekend. I've put enough miles on it to confidently say holy shit this thing is fun! It has exceeded my expectations on all fronts. 👍

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I've got the Yamaha on the lift, ECU is out to be flashed, and I put the quickshifter on it. Put HH pads on it last weekend. I've put enough miles on it to confidently say holy shit this thing is fun! It has exceeded my expectations on all fronts. 👍
Which Yamaha?

Texas Boy

BAM
As the years roll by, I've learned a few things about motorcycling. One is you have to keep an open mind, bikes that you may thumb your nose at one day could be a pleasant suprise on a different day. I had a very narrow focus for a long time, and I think I probably missed out on some adventures because of it. Thankfully years ago, an SV650 opened my eyes and reminded me of a lot of things that got lost in the shuffle.

Now, approaching 52 years of age, I know I can have fun on big heavy slow bikes. I can have fun on smaller displacement, lighter bikes of the peppy, but not overly powerful nature. I can have fun on a stripped down no frills bike, or one that has more shit on it than I need. I still think it's hard to beat a fast, smooth running bike, that has brakes that are as good or better than the engine, and handling that inspires confidence.

At some point all that information starts to overlap, you try to make educated decisions. I know now I will probably never be a one bike person, so that allows me some flexibility for a couple of bikes that may not be that versatile, or super comfortable because I may just do short rides on them. But I still like to think that somewhere out there is a machine that checks off as many of the boxes as possible. I prefer to be comfortable, upright riding position, decent wind protection, some form of factory luggage, cruise control which has so many benefits someone should start a thread on it, enough performance to be fun, sporty is even better, and the biggie, not weigh a fucking ton.

I still look at reviews and read about the KTM 1290 Superduke GT. I believe I could probably have a lot of fun on that bike, and it would probably allow me to axe a couple of my current bikes. I've talked on the phone with pimpslayer pimpslayer about this very thing. But I want to exercise a little patience. I know some of you guys have adventure bikes and I certainly can see the allure to those things too.

I've used the term unicorn bike, maybe there is no such thing for me, but something might be real damned close. I'm looking for it.
I really like my KTM GT. The biggest hurdle is the reliability. I have owned 48 new bikes and this is the only one I had to return to the dealer for two seperate issues. It's fast, comfortable, good looking, and easy enough to do minor repairs. So with that said, my 2014 BMW GS is sti my goto bike.

20210716_132912.jpg

Hapo

Dog Boy
I really like my KTM GT. The biggest hurdle is the reliability. I have owned 48 new bikes and this is the only one I had to return to the dealer for two seperate issues. It's fast, comfortable, good looking, and easy enough to do minor repairs. So with that said, my 2014 BMW GS is sti my goto bike.

View attachment 72519
....now you are just stroking Lucky with that shit...

Top Bottom