What's the one thing in your life, that you've done that you'd recommend other people do?

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I saw this on Fox News, and thought it was cool. I'll go first.

Go fishing in Alaska, it's amazing.

(A close second was bang my college girlfriend's sister. To be fair, that was over 40 years ago, so she's probably old and gross now)

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
And the other thing, do all you can when you're young. Fuck the idea of working all your life then trying to do something when you retire. I lived WFO until I was 45 years old, Mother Fucking WFO! I should either be dead, or in prison, maybe died in prison.
I was going to say something along the lines of, "I refused to grow up for the first 35 years of my life" but my intended message was similar to yours. :up:

Website
www.bobbywarns.com
Nice, but who's the goofball in the middle?
He's the family cash machine. That was on Guam about a year before I retired and a few days before I sent the wife and kids back to San Diego. Fortunately for me, I had my own budget to travel and attained Premier1K status on Star Alliance/United before I retired though. Great way to end my Navy career...Sunsets in the Maldives and Palau.Maldives.jpgPalau.jpg

kawachan

BAMF
Catch lots of 🐟 I still need to catch a Guadalupe and Peacock Bass, but I have most of the others covered. Fishing in Minnesota and Wisconsin was pretty awesome. I'm headed that way soon for a week of smallie / muskie / pike / walleye / largemouth buffet. COVID shut me down from traveling to Michigan last year.

Still want to hit up some Western states, New York, South Dakota and catch a huge Spotted bass in Alabama. Still working on getting to South Texas or Northern Mexico when its safe. Also Dale Hollow area of Tennessee is on my bucket list.

Pretty much anywhere the fish are biting!! Big sturgeon would be a once in a lifetime trip.

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Catch lots of 🐟 I still need to catch a Guadalupe and Peacock Bass, but I have most of the others covered. Fishing in Minnesota and Wisconsin was pretty awesome. I'm headed that way soon for a week of smallie / muskie / pike / walleye / largemouth buffet. COVID shut me down from traveling to Michigan last year.

Still want to hit up some Western states, New York, South Dakota and catch a huge Spotted bass in Alabama. Still working on getting to South Texas or Northern Mexico when its safe. Also Dale Hollow area of Tennessee is on my bucket list.

Pretty much anywhere the fish are biting!! Big sturgeon would be a once in a lifetime trip.
Where in Michigan?

It is safe to travel. I have been all over the western states and never felt it wasn’t good to go

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org

Well, if you get to Colorado I will show you my local rivers. Gold medal waters

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I cannot understand fishing. Stand by a lake or river with a stick and hope? I can just grab fish out of my pond, they come right up to you and bite your hand, just ask Schiavo. He stuck his hand in there and jerked it out so fast, it sounded like he was cracking a whip. :lol:
I can usually get a visitor to stick their hand in there, for my amusement. The pond is full of tilapia, catfish, maybe a bass or two and some other brands. Snakes and brain eating amoeba too.

kawachan

BAMF
Michigan was last year during lockdown. MI Govenor had too many restrictions in place. I ain't scared to go anywhere but my fishing partner's wife highly discourages some of his travels.

I should be in Colorado end of the month or maybe first of September if I can ever find some area that has some dogs. La Junta area for the last 5 years during that time.

20200901_133320.jpg

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Michigan was last year during lockdown. MI Govenor had too many restrictions in place. I ain't scared to go anywhere but my fishing partner's wife highly discourages some of his travels.

I should be in Colorado end of the month or maybe first of September if I can ever find some area that has some dogs. La Junta area for the last 5 years during that time.

View attachment 72392
I raced at the track in La Junta a few tymes.

Top Bottom