What's the best thing you bought in 2021 ?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Nice. I'll look for a pair. My local Tractor Supply sells Wolverine, but the last time I looked, their selection was a joke.
Try any Wolverines on at TC to get the size, then order a pair. Free shipping to the store. I always keep two new pairs of boots in stock. One set of work boots, and one set of going to town boots.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
Spending money on quality workboots pays off. I never would have spent $275 on a pair of Red Wings if it weren't for a gift certificate, but I'm a convert now. Brand new, it was the most comfortable pair of shoes right out of the box I've had - the insole was like walking on clouds. Even when broken in, the 4 hour drunk walk home from the strip club didn't result in blisters.

Passes tech too. :smile2:

Master-Cylinder

EVERY pair of boots I buy fall apart. Nothing can withstand 0-14 pH. Rubber steel toes are way too uncomfortable, so I have to compromise length of service for comfort. I've tried Twisted X, Red Wing, Timberland, Reebok, Wolverine, etc
Maybe look for slip on overshoes.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Spending money on quality workboots pays off. I never would have spent $275 on a pair of Red Wings if it weren't for a gift certificate, but I'm a convert now. Brand new, it was the most comfortable pair of shoes right out of the box I've had - the insole was like walking on clouds. Even when broken in, the 4 hour drunk walk home from the strip club didn't result in blisters.

View attachment 88246
White soles and no heels? I believe those are called "deck shoes". :wink2::up:
We are talking about work boots here, like Gary Clark used to wear (and passed tech with, also...)

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
White soles and no heels? I believe those are called "deck shoes". :wink2::up:
We are talking about work boots here, like Gary Clark used to wear (and passed tech with, also...)

View attachment 88283
I googled "deck shoes" to see what kind of burn was in store for me, was not disappointed.

My buddy shows up to the house renovation wearing the most beat up boat shoes I've ever seen. I give him shit for it constantly.

Of course you did! (Didn't all skinheads corner workers have a pair of those?). :razz:
Shine those to a mirror gloss and MC could be in a German BDSM video :frEEk:

BigGar

high on placebo

It's early in 2022, but the best thing I've bought this year so far are these Keen shoes. Of course I got them used on eBay like all of my shoes, but damn are they comfortable and waterproof. Best $40 I've spent in quite awhile.

Reactions: HG

BigGar

high on placebo

View attachment 88246
I sometimes wish it was cooler here as I'd wear serious work boots more often. I've got a pair of decent Timberlands but rarely wear them. I'd love a pair of Origin boots, made right in fucking Maine, but what the fuck am I gonna do with 'em?

scottcolbath

BAMF+

View attachment 88246
Is it me, or does that chain look rather tight?

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

This is a topic over which you and I could have healthy debate.
I just adjust them to the specified specification. There is usually a label on the swing arm giving you the specs. But I suppose you know more than the manufactures do when it comes to chain slack.

Top Bottom