What's the best thing you bought in 2021 ?

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
We could probably scare up a bike for you or you could rent one or something and just fly in. Baja Bound Adventures might have something. Not sure how that all works though. https://bajaboundmoto.com/
Will be in touch within the next couple weeks. I’m gonna buy a truck and haul out there if this happens. Then I can ski with the kids on the drive home. Work is overrated.I want fish tacos in Baja. Been putting this off for way to long

Hapo

Dog Boy
...methinks I will space out the tube unit and go for the S model and used the $$$ difference twords a Schitt 4 band equalizer or I won't have any tone control when I ditch the Pyle of shit I am using now...

...I can just sell one of the Vapbongs...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...this is the part I am really worried aboot here...plenty of inputs...none I don't need...two outs...:up:

...I can't figger how the DAC hooks up to anything...

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...thanks...I was just reading that and wondering if we even need a dac these days...everything already has one in it...even my cell phone...

...how can a Schitt dac help out the signal after it has already been corrupted by the dac in my chrome book...???...

Last edited:

A23

BAMF+
...now I hafta get my Schitt together...you run any of their other Schitt...???...

...that might be the best thing for 2022...
Cool company with great customer service. Picked up my Schitt at their showroom... hung around for a few hours demo'ing their gear and drinking their Cokes. The poor sales guy ended up giving me some interconnects and a bunch of coasters to get me to leave...

Great headphone amp & pre-amp... power supply makes a difference. I hate wall warts.
Single ended triode sound is liquid, smooth & detailed... hard to beat it with solid state or D-class amps.

Last edited:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Did I see one of those Shit things with XLR inputs/outputs? My DAT deck has XLR only connectors. Might have to look into one.

Master-Cylinder

Mine has both rca and XLR balanced inputs and outputs.
View attachment 88075
I could use those XLR's. DAT deck is in the house, that tube preamp probably wouldn't age well in the garage. The face plate on my McIntosh amp in the garage has been going bad for years. I've been listening to the DAT "mix tapes" I made back in 1991 still play with no degradation.

A23

BAMF+
My buddy picked up an older pair of Vandersteen 2 Ce...

I was impressed by the tonal balance and imaging.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
I've heard the Vandy 2, 3, & 7, they all sound great. The 7's are a PITA to get set up.
That being said, I don't think they sound any better than my 40 year old Infinity Reference Three in my bedroom system.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...well I actually bought the pre amp, DAC, and tone control...but in 2022...and I don't know that they will be the best things...

...the $99 Schitt DAC might maybe the best thing so far although I have me doubts aboot the tone control being a good thing...

...I bought this power amp too...it seems to be much better than the Dayton APA 150 I like so well...

...seriously thought on this one...

Last edited:

Master-Cylinder

What brand are the boots? Are they comfortable? Does your side piece Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo think they look stylish on you?
Tractor Supply house brand, gay as fuck name, "RidgeCut". They are warm on the feet, maybe too warm for the summer here. And, they were cheap, $90.00. They are fairly comfy, be better after they get broken in more. I just wear them around the house and yard.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
It's hard to find high quality, comfortable work boots that fit well. Especially if you don't want the padded part covered in pleather at the top.
EVERY pair I've ever owned, I've torn the pleather, usually on the first day. Then white padding sticks out of the tear holes for the balance of the boots' lifespan.

Master-Cylinder

It's hard to find high quality, comfortable work boots that fit well. Especially if you don't want the padded part covered in pleather at the top.
EVERY pair I've ever owned, I've torn the pleather, usually on the first day. Then white padding sticks out of the tear holes for the balance of the boots' lifespan.

View attachment 88234
The Wolverines I own has that cushion/collar made of real leather. I've never ripped one open, and I get involved with a lot of nasty jobs.

Master-Cylinder

That piece, I believe, is some kind of real animal hide. These are my work boots. Get a couple years out of them before the soles are worn out.

Top Bottom