What to do when you get Doxxed

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Step #1 is to contact the board admin and also the board owner and every single mod you can find.

Stetson

BAMF+
OP doxxed a guy here less than a week ago. If you're unfamiliar with the concept of "Karma," I'd recommend Googling it. Doxxing is bullshit whenever anyone does it.

Like CZLoco said, do what you can through the board.

If you can find out who the guy really is, do what you can without getting caught going to jail over an internet fight.

Incredibly ironic given that you spread someone else's personal information and threatened to post mine. How's that medicine taste?

As CZLoco said, contact group admin. Flag the post itself and report it to Facebook. If the user posting it has a legit first and last name, you could call the police department in their locale about the threat.

I recommend changing your display name and switching out your profile pic temporarily (i.e. not a faceshot, post a pic of a bike or something)

No one is going to come after you. :roll:

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Incredibly ironic given that you spread someone else's personal information and threatened to post mine. How's that medicine taste?

As CZLoco said, contact group admin. Flag the post itself and report it to Facebook. If the user posting it has a legit first and last name, you could call the police department in their locale about the threat.

I recommend changing your display name and switching out your profile pic temporarily (i.e. not a faceshot, post a pic of a bike or something)

How do I miss all the treads were shit goes down...

I've pissed off many people here, but never directly... Except choptop...

The best part of thanksgiving is not seeing his shit here.

Stetson

BAMF+
I didn't see where Qwik doxxed AD.
The guy he doxxed wasn't a member here, but it's still bullshit. He didn't doxx AD, just asked him if he'd like to show his information next, after AD called him on the other doxxing.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Now, you post a craigslist ad with the guys phone number, say that you work second shift, so call after midnight.:ducmanic:
I had a dude do that to me... I fielded every call and gave back his personal number... And explained he was the actual seller and that I was just his agent.

Needless to say the guy took down his posts.
I was being an asshole at the time and did some shit with phones and phishing and even fake texts that came from what he thought was real numbers.

I had fun shitting on his parade...

He started the kid shit i finished it.

The first thing you do is play victim on another message board.

Ive never been doxxed online but i just tell creepy stalkers they better stay the fuck away while secretly wishing they would come by. Instead of action though its always been spineless shit like shooting the front window out drive by style or loosening my lug nuts.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I posted openly public information on a guy. I threatened AD because he is a little bitch. I haven’t Doxxed anyone on this board (it’s an immediate boot/ban
Tim, it looked really bad when you did that- threatening to doxx another member because you were having a political disagreement was a big line to cross- even though you didn't follow through, the implication is, 'Watch out next time.'

I like you, bud, but I'm not gonna pull punches either- that struck me as being very wrong.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Threatened to dox, still pretty low down on the scale of shit as threats go. Actual threatening of people here had been a pretty standard feature for years.

Either is uncalled for. If anyone wants to threaten harm to anyone else I'll stand with the person getting threatened regardless of if I like them or not. I mean that literally.

Like I said I didn't see it either. There is no one here that I would endorse having that done to. Not sure how the "rules" go but as a guide line I'll call a general "knock it off" on that.

Not sure on the policy about a 30 day ban or time out. More likely to get a warning as far as I know. I guess it depends...but I agree that it's not going to get unnoticed.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Threatened to dox, still pretty low down on the scale of shit as threats go. Actual threatening of people here had been a pretty standard feature for years.
A major difference being that a threat to dox isn't necessarily empty- no one is coming to Thailand to beat me up (unless they wanna spend two weeks in quarantine first :wink2:), but there are people here that have my info (all of whom I trust with it- I'm not implying anything), and I'd rather not have it posted against my wishes on the open board where there are hundreds of complete strangers passing through everyday. It's not like FB where I can choose who has access.

I don't think anyone here has followed through with a threat of violence, but we've sure seen incidences of doxxing over the years.

It is EZ to find anyone, just google search their name or search on twitter or FaceBook or do a scan of any picture they posted and check for GEO markings on the picture and you can pin point the user/poster/etc.

The internet is not safe.

• WTF
Reactions: Red

WARREN

BAMF+
Tim has always been a sore pussy like that. he was the single reason I left WW....he used that closed clubhouse environment to wring out his tampon on every member he had some issue with.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. fucking childish loser type shit.

Last edited:

Vegas12

BAMF+
I don't think anyone here has followed through with a threat of violence, but we've sure seen incidences of doxxing over the years.

The above comment reminded me of when whiteflower absolutely pussed out when choptop gave him all the info to meet up in IM-anus's backyard.

Then chop gave whitey his personal address .....aaaand nothing; including paying the bounty promised.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
It is EZ to find anyone, just google search their name or search on twitter or FaceBook or do a scan of any picture they posted and check for GEO markings on the picture and you can pin point the user/poster/etc.

The internet is not safe.
The "search by image" is useless for finding a specific person.
Don't post misinformation. It's Google image search, not some kind of FBI/CIA facial analysis.

OP
Qwik

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Tim has always been a sore pussy like that. he was the single reason I left WW....he used that closed clubhouse environment to wring out his tampon on every member he had some issue with.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. fucking childish loser type shit.
Funny. I considered you a friend. Good to know the truth.

OP
Qwik

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org

Consider this an apology AD. I was out of line.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Id like to speak up on Tim's behalf. He has befriended me a couple of times. Once when I broke down in Half Moon Bay, another time in CO when he helped me unload , reload a bike.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I'm putting this in the no harm no foul category.

It was an off color, out of line response which I never saw.

An apology may or may not have been warranted, one was given.

Accepting the apology may or may not have been warranted, one was given.

End of story.

The Doxing threat is in todays world, more likely to happen than someone actually showing up at the door..but one can lead to the other. The purpose of doxing is to silence people we don't like. That is not what this place is. Quite the opposite and I will always land on that spot. It can inflict harm at an unknowable level, from zero, to embarrassment to loss of lively-hood, to actual physical harm like being swatted, and to unintended persons and or family.

As threats go, this is out of bounds and the general membership should immediately sound off on this before it gets to the moderator level. I don't give a flying fuck what your opinion is of the other person, political, personal, or otherwise.

hopefully we're all good now...relatively speaking.

RobBase

BAMF
I'm sure it was a one-off on Tim's part. I've seen his temper after pushing a Vulcan 10 miles down the road back to GrrkGrrls place and what he would've done to the guy that left him hanging.....a doxxing couldn't compare!

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I've been doxxed on this board many years ago, by more than one person. I never made a big deal about it, the actions speak louder than any words I could post. One of them still post, on this thread as a matter of fact. I rode the person pretty hard, I'm not without blame in the situation.

Top Bottom