What happens to destitute old people with no family?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Going through all of this now with my MIL, she has always been a Narcissistic Sycophant, a controlling manipulator! Her only saving grace was that she was a loving and wonderful grandmother to my son, his only blood grandparent since both of my parents were deceased when he was born.

Her ins won't cover a hospice facility, they are kicking her out after a three day stay so my wife and her also Narcissistic, "apple doesn't fall far from the tree" sister will be alternating nights at their mothers apartment. I have tolerated my wife's mother all these years only because my son loves his grandmother and vice a versa and just to keep some family harmony. I feel sorry for my wife and son's soon to be loss but I have mixed feelings about it all, cruel people and I don't get along well, I cut them no quarter but yet I can't let this situation turn me into that person!

I too have kept my thoughts brief here, I could go on and on but it really doesn't matter now and words can be painful so why cause any more of it?
Venting is important, otherwise that shit festers inside you.
Creates a new illness for you to have to deal with, I strongly suspect.

Very normal for each of us to become more control freakish as we get nearer to our end, in old age/infirmity.

Attempting to manipulate/control our environment as we lose the ability to take care of ourselves.

Even worse when infirmed due to breathing issues like COPD.
The same if the person was manipulative all their life.
It gets turned up to eleven...

...they can't even control their breath or have spent their lives believing they had control over more than their own personal choices.

Slow death is a cruel fuck but, we're all on that path.

Best to get right in our own heads for everyone we loves sake...

...I'll let you all know when I get that figured out.

I figure,, :wink2: if/when,,, it's ''my turn''.. :oldman1:

I won't, :lol: even be,,,,,,,,, aware of it... :wacko3:
You'll have moments of lucidity where you become "normal" and wonder what the fuck is going on.

Seems absolutely hellish. I'll eat a bullet before I get to that point...assuming I have some advance warning.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
You'll have moments of lucidity where you become "normal" and wonder what the fuck is going on.

Seems absolutely hellish. I'll eat a bullet before I get to that point...assuming I have some advance warning.
Every time I've witnessed it, it's been a slow fade, like the proverbial frog in pan of water being slowly heated...
...or brakes wearing out over use/time.

It's not noticed and sometimes denied by the close observers, until it's obvious or unless they've seen it before.

The patient never seems to catch on other than being miserable most of the time.

Billy V

BAMF
A NO ONE pays off your house... you become a ward of the state.. ANYTHING of value will be sold off and that money put for your care and medical..

You can pay for a long term heth care policy .. but even five star care facilities are not going to do a great job..

Plan .... don't live that long.
If I sign over my assets to L.A. Busas et. al. would you guys make sure I'm taken care of ?
1. occasional asian hooker
2. big game fishing trips - I don't care if I actually catch anything, but we at least have to try.
3. steak and lobsters - no oatmeal.
4. air condition

Z

BAMF+
:wink2: Sure,,,,,,,, thang... :greedy:

But you'd have ta move,, ta Florida,,, :up:

No way I could live out my remainin life,, :oldman1:

in dat libtard,, shit hole,,,, Komifornia..... :ducmanic:

Top Bottom