What’s ya doin’ tonight ? Post a pic right now….

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Before you buy more storage check out the Fuel assortment from Milwaukee. I haven't bought any of it yet, but it looks pretty good.
You talking tools, or tool storage? They sell that Packout stuff that I've beeb curious about. I see Fuel branded tools on their website. I'm not seeing any tool storage with that name.

S.C.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Tool storage, nesting boxes, snap together caert dollies, stuff. It was all set up in tents at all our boat races.

Snail

Might not be called fuel, but it's Milwaukie. Red. Keep looking you'll find it.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Sears had a giant toolbox that was pretty much a knockoff of the super bad ass million pound Snap On tool box I have. I looked it over, it was decent. Just have to figure out if you can still get one, or who makes it.
I looked at some dhit Kobalt ones at Lowe's, the had real large frames which made them have small drawers. So, shit design. But when it comes down to it, Snap Off, Matco, and Mac probably have the best.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The first two tool boxes I bought in the mid 70's were a Proto and a Waterloo. Both were used at the tyme I bought them. Still use em.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...at cemetary but she won't go out because it's raining...

...that's ok...it's her walk...she likes to ride in the car...

...there is some lightning so there is that...

...I am not afraid of God and Piffy doesn't care but she hates getting wet more than most cats...

...mom let her out when I was distracted...it didn't take long for the damage...glad she did not see some other dog, eh...

...those shrooms look edible because something is eating them...

Last edited:

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
There was an old fence along one of my trails in the backyard. Best guess is a deer came down the hill and blasted the fence out into the trail. I always slow pre-ride the trails before going balls to the wall. Did not see the fence across the trail and it got me. Bad. One minute I’m cruising along and the next I’m on the ground wondering how and why I was on the ground. Might have to go see the doctor. Nothing broken but garage beer assessments say torn ligament in the shoulder. Damn it

And yes the bike is ok lol

C89B5F6D-2244-478A-9D8F-6D09EF92AB3A.jpeg

826C3045-E022-48F9-88FC-C953AC981D53.jpeg

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
There was an old fence along one of my trails in the backyard. Best guess is a deer came down the hill and blasted the fence out into the trail. I always slow pre-ride the trails before going balls to the wall. Did not see the fence across the trail and it got me. Bad. One minute I’m cruising along and the next I’m on the ground wondering how and why I was on the ground. Might have to go see the doctor. Nothing broken but garage beer assessments say torn ligament in the shoulder. Damn it

And yes the bike is ok lol

View attachment 111645

View attachment 111646
So ... Just reinjured the same set of ribs I just done healing for 8 weeks. I was just doing a warmup loop, completely relaxed, less than 5 minutes into riding on what looked like a manicured single track. Took a hand off my bar to take a sip from my Camelback. Next thing I know I'm highsiding into a fucking tree squarely hitting my left ribcage. Still not sure what happened my best guess is I forgot to set rebound damping (after my toolbox incident) on the forks, hit a root at a weird angle and got pogoed into a tree. WTF! Rebound was completely open. After about 5 minutes of getting my breath back I decided to finish my 17 mile ride before things tightened up. Paying for it now. Fuck! Looking forward to the next six weeks or so ... NOT. :2guns::8ball: 🚲

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
So ... Just injured the same set of ribs I just done healing for 8 weeks. I was just doing a warmup loop, completely relaxed, less than 5 minutes into riding on what looked like a manicured single track. Took a hand off my bar to take a sip from my Camelback. Next thing I know I'm highsiding into a fucking tree squarely hitting my left ribcage. Still not sure what happened my best guess is I forgot to set rebound damping (after my toolbox incident) on the forks, hit a root at a weird angle and got pogoed into a tree. WTF! Rebound was completely open. After about 5 minutes of getting my breath back I decided to finish my 17 mile ride before things tightened up. Paying for it now. Fuck! Looking forward to the next six weeks or so ... NOT. :2guns::8ball: 🚲

View attachment 111648
That sucks.

My time is coming for a catastrophic crash. I’m pushing myself way to hard to clear jumps I have no reason to be doing. Riding with senders 20+ years younger is not helping

I’m still not clear of this one. Giving it a couple days to see how it shakes out

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
And I also hit a tree a month ago on a XC ride. Hit my face on that tree. Face was numb for a week. Have since switched to a Fox Proframe full face for all pedaling duties. Downhill I wear a TLD downhill helmet. The Proframe flows air incredibly, don’t regret that helmet purchase at all

90AC2AB1-883F-48A9-9860-070A83307598.jpeg

roadczar

That sucks.

My time is coming for a catastrophic crash. I’m pushing myself way to hard to clear jumps I have no reason to be doing. Riding with senders 20+ years younger is not helping

I’m still not clear of this one. Giving it a couple days to see how it shakes out
After this incident I decided to rebuild a bike as a hardcore short travel XC machine. Too much travel only invites these types of incidents. Maybe even a hard tail.

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
After this incident I decided to rebuild a bike as a hardcore short travel XC machine. Too much travel only invited these types of incidents. Maybe even a hard tail.
I sold a badass one off build Kona Honzo HT. I am not a HT rider I found out

Bought my Trek Rail 9.7 Ebike and am having so much fun. Well, until I hit the fence

I leave it unlocked as the motor makes up for the loss of energy while pedaling. 160mm of root climbing monster truck is what that bike is lol

roadczar

I sold a badass one off build Kona Honzo HT. I am not a HT rider I found out

Bought my Trek Rail 9.7 Ebike and am having so much fun. Well, until I hit the fence

I leave it unlocked as the motor makes up for the loss of energy while pedaling. 160mm of root climbing monster truck is what that bike is lol
Not a huge fan of hardtails either, but I did a test ride on my GF's Yeti ARC. It did not feel fast nor as comfortable, but my average times were identical. So guess what is the limiting factor here is... :red:

Last edited:

Jeff1216

BAMF
So ... Just reinjured the same set of ribs I just done healing for 8 weeks. I was just doing a warmup loop, completely relaxed, less than 5 minutes into riding on what looked like a manicured single track. Took a hand off my bar to take a sip from my Camelback. Next thing I know I'm highsiding into a fucking tree squarely hitting my left ribcage. Still not sure what happened my best guess is I forgot to set rebound damping (after my toolbox incident) on the forks, hit a root at a weird angle and got pogoed into a tree. WTF! Rebound was completely open. After about 5 minutes of getting my breath back I decided to finish my 17 mile ride before things tightened up. Paying for it now. Fuck! Looking forward to the next six weeks or so ... NOT. :2guns::8ball:

View attachment 111648
Yeah. I had a brutal high side on a single track a few years ago. My hip is still not right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Some signs. Snowmobiles, ATVs and SXS are allowed on the streets here.

View attachment 111692

View attachment 111693

View attachment 111694
Check this place out soon also. And Pictured Rocks

Drummond Island is a nice spot to go off-roading

Along the St Marys River is a spot called the Rock Cut. The big ore carriers get really close to the shore. Kind of a cool spot

If you are ever in St Ignace Clyde’s on US2 is the place for a badass burger. They close for the season soon

8B3BEAC9-2C3D-416C-9905-7F935797E885.jpeg

A17D5A32-B05B-49E2-9490-FA818E04835E.jpeg

JustTom

BAM
I'm going there (cage) next week, Drummond for two nights, with a day or two before we go to the Soo.

I got a Federal ticket for trespassing at the Rock Cut a few years ago.
In my motorhome! lol
$395, and the gate was open!:D

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
I'm going there (cage) next week, Drummond for two nights, with a day or two before we go to the Soo.

I got a Federal ticket for trespassing at the Rock Cut a few years ago.
In my motorhome! lol
$395, and the gate was open!:D
No kidding? I hadn’t been there in a while. You can’t walk right up to the passage now?

My parents had a place on the St Mary’s just north of Raber. Great place for watching the ships and walleye fishing

JustTom

BAM
No kidding? I hadn’t been there in a while. You can’t walk right up to the passage now?

My parents had a place on the St Mary’s just north of Raber. Great place for watching the ships and walleye fishing
I parked in a shipyard type spot, almost at the downstream end of the Rock Cut.
I went for a walk to take some pics, left the old lady in the moho.
From a 1/4 mile away, I watched first one, then two more humvees approach the camper.
DHS!!
Two guys in full tactical gear carrying ar's left and started walking towards me.
I was gonna make a run for it, but changed my mind.:eek4: lol
It was explained to me that International shipping is a pretty serious National Security concern.:confused:

Lesson- some 'No Trespassing" signs are more serious than others, especially on the Border.🙁

I was in that big white flat area.cut.png

Snail

Avalon? Jesus christ time ! It's been 45 years since I was doing the southern track. Avalon was where we would have our end of season party.

Top Bottom