What’s ya doin’ tonight ? Post a pic right now….

BigGar

high on placebo
That thing got self adjusting brakes...
Not sure. They're special Z06 only drum brakes with big vents in the back and rubber "scoops" for cooling.
I hate dicking with drum brakes on these old 'Vettes. I've adjusted the ones on his other '63 and rebuilt them soup to nuts and the fuckers still pull. Took it to Corvette Mike in Anaheim and his guys didn't have any better luck with them. It's fucking nuts. New shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, rubber lines, had the shoes arced to the drums, blah fucking blah and once they warm up a bit, they start pulling just like with the old stuff on. It's a gaddang mystery I tell ya'.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Not sure. They're special Z06 only drum brakes with big vents in the back and rubber "scoops" for cooling.
I hate dicking with drum brakes on these old 'Vettes. I've adjusted the ones on his other '63 and rebuilt them soup to nuts and the fuckers still pull. Took it to Corvette Mike in Anaheim and his guys didn't have any better luck with them. It's fucking nuts. New shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, rubber lines, had the shoes arced to the drums, blah fucking blah and once they warm up a bit, they start pulling just like with the old stuff on. It's a gaddang mystery I tell ya'.
There's a kink or restriction in the hard-line, on the side it pulls to.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Not allowing it to flow backward after pressing then? I had that issue with my Chevy diesel after a rear blowout but it was really obvious. I'll take a closer look at the lines on that car.
Not a bad idea at all Wretch.
Flow back restricted more on one side or wheel, yes.

I have a little hydraulic experience but, can only guess from this distance and angle.

I'd love to have my hands on it in person because, I enjoy simple systems like that...
...and getting my hands dirty.

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
Had a little bit of a mishap on Friday... no pictures.
Just finished servicing forks on my MTB (seals, bushings, oil) and was setting the air spring sag. I balanced myself by holding onto my shitty 20+ year-old two decker craftsman tool chest filled to the max with all kinds of tools accumulated over few decades. I did not realize there was a slight dip in the concrete, so when I grabbed onto the upper tool chest for balance it rocked forward and some of the heavier drawers slid open. The whole shebang tipped forward and came crashing down spilling everything onto garage floor sounding like a good size car wreck.

Good news it missed me, my bike, and my GF's suv. Long story short ... it took over 12 hours to sort all this shit out.

Bolted top chest back-on with a slight rear balance to help avoid it in the future. Will need new tool storage option soon.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Had a little bit of a mishap on Friday... no pictures.
Just finished servicing forks on my MTB (seals, bushings, oil) and was setting the air spring sag. I balanced myself by holding onto my shitty 20+ year-old two decker craftsman tool chest filled to the max with all kinds of tools accumulated over few decades. I did not realize there was a slight dip in the concrete, so when I grabbed onto the upper tool chest for balance it rocked forward and some of the heavier drawers slid open. The whole shebang tipped forward and came crashing down spilling everything onto garage floor sounding like a good size car wreck.

Good news it missed me, my bike, and my GF's suv. Long story short ... it took over 12 hours to sort all this shit out.

Bolted top chest back-on with a slight rear balance to help avoid it in the future. Will need new tool storage option soon.

View attachment 111318
Love to pull all the drawers open and watch it teeter. My big tool box weighs a tad over 1,000lbs EMPTY!

Master-Cylinder

Get some Red Rubber grease, made for internal brake seals, ans grease up the cups in the wheel cylinders.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
My toolchest game needs improving. Good chance I will be moving in a couple of years. Then I'll dump it an get something worthy.
I've been looking at going bigger. My tool box stack is three high and full. Plus, I have an overflow rolling lower cabinet also full. Plus I keep all my home electrical, plumbing, cycling and carpentry tools in their own separate tool boxes. I'm just plain out of room.

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

I wonder how many of us have been to The house Of Schiavo? I've been there once. I remember drinking something, getting real tired and then waking up in my truck at a rest area on I-95. Had to stop at a Walmart and get one of the inflatable doughnut things to sit on for the rest of the drive home.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I've been looking at going bigger. My tool box stack is three high and full. Plus, I have an overflow rolling lower cabinet also full. Plus I keep all my home electrical, plumbing, cycling and carpentry tools in their own separate tool boxes. I'm just plain out of room.

S.C.
Multiple rolling cabinets here, once the two stack got too heavy, here.

I'm due to get another.

Each one becomes a specialty box of tools.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I wonder how many of us have been to The house Of Schiavo? I've been there once. I remember drinking something, getting real tired and then waking up in my truck at a rest area on I-95. Had to stop at a Walmart and get one of the inflatable doughnut things to sit on for the rest of the drive home.
Sounds like Schiavo has quite an impressive tongue.

S.C.

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar

S.C.
In my next house I'll stick with single level / multiple boxes. Did not really think how heavy these get until I had to deal with that mess. A definite hazard.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
At the local dive, saw Oberon in the case and went for it, I know a few people talked about it here. Needs a splash of bloody mary mix or an orange or something.

There's two women with shrill voices and their dog next to me and some fella trying to eat his chicken wings...dogs up on the chair at his table begging for food, wtf :lol:

View attachment 111294
I've mentioned Oberon here a few times. It has been my favorite for a long time, even though my health won't let me drink much anymore. I'm no beer snob, but to me Oberon in cans tasted more like cans than it did Oberon. Bottled is the way to go. Don't ask me why... I've drank tens of thousands of cans of beer and never thought twice about it until I got canned Oberon.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Before you buy more storage check out the Fuel assortment from Milwaukee. I haven't bought any of it yet, but it looks pretty good.

Master-Cylinder

Okay, Kurt!! :roll: :roll:
OK, I had to look. When I bought it, I picked it up at the Snap On guys warehouse. He said it weighed over 1000 lbs. And that is the number I remembered from twenty years ago. Turns out, that was the shipping weight. It was still in the crate when I picked it up. So I looked it up the specs on it, it is only 892 out of the box, so I guess I'm busted. The stainless steel top added more weight to it, so it is over 900lbs empty.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
OK, I had to look. When I bought it, I picked it up at the Snap On guys warehouse. He said it weighed over 1000 lbs. And that is the number I remembered from twenty years ago. Turns out, that was the shipping weight. It was still in the crate when I picked it up. So I looked it up the specs on it, it is only 892 out of the box, so I guess I'm busted. The stainless steel top added more weight to it, so it is over 900lbs empty.
The eyeroll wasn't for exaggerating, it was for bragging. 😁

Top Bottom