What’s ya doin’ tonight ? Post a pic right now….

Kirk

BAMF
Snail, that MTVR will haul 7 tons off road, and 15 tons on improved/secondary roads.
An Army truck like a 5 Ton will haul 5 tons off road, and 10 tons on roadways.

But the tire management system of his MTVR gives it a leg up when off road in soft terrain.
...and the 5 selectable lockers, and the 53" tires, and the long-travel (16") coil-sprung all wheel independent suspension, and about twice the torque, and about 200 horsepower more, and, and, and...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Yeah, my back is jacked. A few dozen motorcycle crashes didn't help. First felt back pain when I was in my early 20's working on cars and trucks. Leaning over the hood pulling cylinder heads off of a Chevy med duty truck big block.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yeah, my back is jacked. A few dozen motorcycle crashes didn't help. First felt back pain when I was in my early 20's working on cars and trucks. Leaning over the hood pulling cylinder heads off of a Chevy med duty truck big block.
I know it is, old man, nobody works as a mechanic for very long without having or developing back issues.

My neck gave up on me at 25 years but that was from a sudden impact,
my lower back went out at around 47 years but, more from overuse and time.

Kirk

BAMF
We're still getting used to cleaning the bugs off of our vehicles here in Texas. The best I have been able to do, is to keep the noses of our vehicles waxed well, and then clean the bugs off before the sun bakes them on.

Master-Cylinder

Suzuki and 2 Yamaha YZ 125's?
Banshee and and ancient ATC 250R. Someone had sleeved the ATC cylinder and didn't quite get the ports lined up. Did a Yamaha PWC that a "super tuner ported". What a mess they made of it. Ports were not at the same heights, or even straight. Looked like a little kid did it.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Spent the day yesterday, yes, the whole day,
removing the cabin filter and blower motor to clean out the fan/air-box of all the moss, leaves, insulation and bits of acorn shells from within.

A very small percentage of the debris is seen on the floor here:

The cleaned fan/blower motor:

Of course I didn't think to take before shots, so sue me.

Trust that half of the fan was packed with dried moss material and it made a noise loud enough, when turned up;
to cause my sister to make loud bitching noises because, she couldn't stand it to the point that I could not stand it so,
five-ten minutes at a time, I got down on the ground and worked to disassemble and reassemble the fucking thing...

...without hurting myself.
It was uncomfortable but, got more comfortable once the beer started getting consumed.

Probably an hours worth of work stretched into 7 hours but, it is making happy noises now and I no longer hear bitching.

Master-Cylinder

I never got the filter cover snapped back in after I changed the cabin filter on the wife's car. It looks just like the one in your picture.

BigBusa

BAMF+
Surf and turf on the last weekend of summer 2022.

This built in Thermador natural gas grill is 23 years old! The owner told me he paid $5k for just the grill back in 2000. The thing about spending stupid money on something is that it's probably gonna last a long, long time. And, when something fails, they'll offer parts to fix it for decades.

Yes, those are new flavorizer bars and grill sections. They still make new burners if I ever need em. Fuck those $200 throw away portable LP grills I say!

IMG_20220918_170126.jpg

IMG_20220918_171412.jpg

Last edited:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Just stepped out into the dusky sunset and watched 5 dozen Canada Geese coming in to land and be down in the 200 acre corn field across from me.

The chopped off corn stalks are only 14-16" high...when the Geese hear something and their heads pop up to look around, they look like ET or something.... :lol:

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
At the local dive, saw Oberon in the case and went for it, I know a few people talked about it here. Needs a splash of bloody mary mix or an orange or something.

There's two women with shrill voices and their dog next to me and some fella trying to eat his chicken wings...dogs up on the chair at his table begging for food, wtf :lol:

Top Bottom