What’s ya doin’ tonight ? Post a pic right now….

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Just fucking around this morning; repairing the rear door actuating cable ends, in the 03' Ford...

Stripped the interior covers to get to the guts of it:

View attachment 105309

Linkage mixing box:

View attachment 105310

Upper latch cable removed and new ferrule ends installed:

View attachment 105311

Lower latch cable ferrule ends installed:

View attachment 105312

Closer look at lower latch mechanism and of new bits installed:

View attachment 105313

After some adjustments to upper cable length, the door shuts and latches at both upper and lower latch points:

View attachment 105314

More importantly, the rear door opens again and without drama too!

View attachment 105315

The other side still opens for now but, it's too fucking hot already outside so, fuck that shit until I get another cool-ish type morning to fuck with it.

It was a minor pain in the ass but, not terrible.

I guess the new pain patch is working as intended.
Still hurting but, I just don't care now.
My wife's aunt was complaining that her 3rd door wouldn't open anymore. I picked up her 2001 F150 and brought it home to install a couple of those little metal ferrules. I took the interior panel off the other door and greased everything up so I wouldn't have to install a pair in it later. Then I washed and detailed it since she hadn't washed it after her hubby died 4 years earlier. She uses it infrequently.
When I told her I had greased the inside of the other door's guts up for her, she exclaimed "You mean there's a 4th door?". 😅

Wretch

amazingly graceful

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Did they really try to seal that housing with 3M gorilla snot or is that some odd variant of Yamabond?!

It does look like in was parked in a deep mud puddle for a while.
Looks like they glopped Gas-A-Cinch on the ancient oil soaked gasket. The output shaft bearing has rusted to a stop. The speedometer had seized up and that caused the bakelite speedo gear in the trans to fail. After an hour or so, I got the speedometer itself to free up.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Little kids are the best kind of company.

My niece and 5 year old great nephew were just down for a visit and he is such a sweetheart.
He likes his uncle Chris too because of the fun things I show/teach him about, like how to approach small nervous dogs and how to drive the golfcart around in the woods, looking for deer.

We didn't get enough time together this time but, the time we had was awesome.
He has two speeds, go and stop.
When he's awake it's go, whether moving about or talking and asleep is stop.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
After bowling, we hit up another bar, got properly loaded, and rented scooters to zip around town. They will do top speeds in wet grass and hopping it off the curbs isn't a problem. Sharp turns are. Only ate shit 4 times, fortunately my face took the impact.

I have a date on tuesday. Think she'll cancel?

View attachment 105888
I'm sure she'll appreciate your made-up story about the rental scooter (maybe tell her it was a Harley, though) much more than the truth, which is that you're in the midst of a Monkeypox flare.
Have you checked your Vitamin D level lately? Get some sun.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
I'm sure she'll appreciate your made-up story about the rental scooter (maybe tell her it was a Harley, though) much more than the truth, which is that you're in the midst of a Monkeypox flare.
Have you checked your Vitamin D level lately? Get some sun.
It’s 99% survivable. So you should be good A.D.

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
I took a medium mountain bike spill on one of the "wooden features" at a local trail. Nothing is broken or fractured (I think), but maybe a minor concussion, badly bruised ribcage and shoulder. It's been couple of days and I can finally take half breath. I hope things will improve next week. Getting back to mountain biking after 15 year hiatus is proving to be more difficult than I thought. We will persevere. :neo:

Bike is OK :lol:

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
I took a medium mountain bike spill on one of the "wooden features" at a local trail. Nothing is broken or fractured (I think), but maybe a minor concussion, badly bruised ribcage and shoulder. It's been couple of days and I can finally take half breath. I hope things will improve next week. Getting back to mountain biking after 15 year hiatus is proving to be more difficult than I thought. We will persevere. :neo:

Bike is OK :lol:

View attachment 105908
You should send my backyard drop!

CFC3B347-2BAD-4C4F-8BB4-1B959956FE38.jpeg

Top Bottom