went by the Harley Dealership today

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Most of the windows were boarded up, I got a peak inside, nothing left, a small fork lift parked inside. They were also Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and KTM dealer. It was a pretty decent shop for here.

Fucking hell.

no parts dept anymore.

I knew Harley was having a tough time, didn't expect this though.

Cleveland's IX Center, which a huge (2.2 million sq. ft.) indoor exposition center, announced today they are closing for good due to the loss of revenue resulting from COVID lockdowns. It's where the major motorcycle shows, car shows, etc. all took place up until this year...

gsxrian

BAMF
That is surprising since most motorcycle, ATV, UTV, Jet Ski, RV, boat, Trailer sales here in Florida are breaking records.

Many places have nothing in stock and i even called an Ohio dealer who gave me a great deal on my H2 and he has a waiting list for everything and they are paying OVER MSRP for anything they can get!

HD is one of the best examples of FEAST to famine there ever was. Demand is squat around here for new HD bike's. Most of the people that ride them are either too old to ride anymore, bought one because they used to be the in cool thing, or they are already dead. Had 2 different ladies I worked with whose recently passed husband's had a bike to sell and one only had 1k on it. Contacted me to see if I knew anyone looking for a "deal".

Long tough road ahead for the entire industry especially HD.. Everyday their customer base literally shrinks.......

That is surprising since most motorcycle, ATV, UTV, Jet Ski, RV, boat, Trailer sales here in Florida are breaking records.

Many places have nothing in stock and i even called an Ohio dealer who gave me a great deal on my H2 and he has a waiting list for everything and they are paying OVER MSRP for anything they can get!
Oh Hell Yes on the RV's selling like free money. Before COVID the market was soft... When this thing clears up will be able to buy them greatly discounted for a late model lightly used one.

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
The way MC talks, a relatively modern FI Harley is not that bad ofa bike.
I've got a '14 Ultra Limited that has been a great bike. But I'm not brand loyal, nor am I'm into just a singular type of riding. If I am in the mood to take it easy and just cruise with the wife, that's the bike we take. 👍

wormser77

BAMF

Problem here was inventory. As covid hit people were buying like crazy and then units dried up quick with no restock. That's not good when you go through what should be incredible sales months with no inventory!

LMR

BAMF
Crystal River dealer is doing great. They have hot dogs and hamburgers most weekends and is a common place to meet up or start poker runs.

chuck356

BAMF
Problem here was inventory. As covid hit people were buying like crazy and then units dried up quick with no restock. That's not good when you go through what should be incredible sales months with no inventory!
That is a big issue with the industry, a few months of great business, but with no inventory now, how you gonna pay your bills after that? By the time inventory catches up, the buying craze will have gone cold. Every few days another HD dealer is going out of business, one of the dealer newsletters is starting to compile a list, up to 7 or 8 HD dealers closed since June,they seem the hardest hit. Glad I got out when I did, I see tough times in the powersports industry ahead.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
We have become a society of order on line.
Ive been around the motorcycle hobby awhile... used to be like a kid in a candy store. The only local shop that stocked across all disciplines had everything you needed instock. Then lost his lease and subsequently stocked less and less. Cycle gear has also stolen market share with their retail hours... 7 days a week. Downside they try to sell Bilt garbage for max $$$.
But local MX or Streetbike shops always had to order shit I needed so it made it easier to bypass them and their lame excuses. The pricing is just the icing.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Harley sell a good number of CuntCycles here for the geezers to ride on. If they priced them lower, they'd sell a lot more of them because their customers are ancient and most of them could barely ride a motorcycle in their younger days.

The way MC talks, a relatively modern FI Harley is not that bad ofa bike.
A friend has a 12 street glide that he's left completely stock, not screwed with one bit and has 85k trouble free miles, even has stock drive belt. Another friend with a 14 street glide (12k miles) that can't leave anything alone is constantly having things go wrong. Hmmm whats the lesson here?

Austin_F

BAMF+
A guy I work with paid 4500 for I think an 02....something. heritage maybe?

I don't know if that's a good deal or not but he's happy with it. 130,000 miles on it. Starts with a touch of the button. I was impressed how clean it was (and no leaks) at that age with those miles.

Ninjaman12R

Abernathey's lost HD, Polaris, and Honda over that. From what I saw and read in some of the dealer publications, it was several posts on Farcebook.
Yep, and I warned him about that, and the stupid shit he'd (Russell) post about the Four Rivers crew out of Paducah. I told him he needed to axe that shit and stop airing out his dirty laundry on social media. He did not take heed, and the guy was making money hand over fist. 🙄

Ninjaman12R

I edited my above post but fucking lost it.

I've lost thousands of $$$ slumped over that motherfucker, drunk off my ass. 🤣

Tip: A ten of clubs high card won't win the final pot, (went all in on a bluff) but the cocksuckers that were there are still talking about it....😀

🤔

Last edited:

RollieFree

BAMF
I like HD and have owned a few. I have an 03 Victory now that I've had since new. Way better bike. Unbelievable quality parts inside and gear drive primary. The HD's vibrate way too much. The Vic is smooth as glass. Never had an issue with it. Never been to a shop...other than my own. Modified the hell out of it and zero troubles. Couple pics and a new front fender I am working on. It has a square rib down the center and wired edge also.
RF

Vic 1.jpg

Vic 2.jpg

Vic 3.jpg

Stetson

BAMF
i once rode on the back of @Lurchs fat boi
The gayest I ever felt was riding bitch on a purple 600 Eliminator, and he had a big, clear, straight up and down windshield with a purple fade on the bottom.
He was my supervisor at work, and I thought he was bringing his truck to pick me up at the car shop or whatever the fuck it was. Tassels on it, too. I didn't even have a helmet to hide my face.

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
We have become a society of order on line.

Ironically, the last three times I've shopped parts, I found them locally for less than or just a couple of dollars over the online price.

Things are balancing out and online isn't as great a deal as it once was.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Ironically, the last three times I've shopped parts, I found them locally for less than or just a couple of dollars over the online price.

Things are balancing out and online isn't as great a deal as it once was.

True specially now that they charge tax.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
I like that look :up:

I like HD and have owned a few. I have an 03 Victory now that I've had since new. Way better bike. Unbelievable quality parts inside and gear drive primary. The HD's vibrate way too much. The Vic is smooth as glass. Never had an issue with it. Never been to a shop...other than my own. Modified the hell out of it and zero troubles. Couple pics and a new front fender I am working on. It has a square rib down the center and wired edge also.
RF

View attachment 42715

View attachment 42716

View attachment 42717

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Typically only happens on a new model that’s very sought after... bikes and cars (trucks). It is not normal and happens rarely IMO.

Top Bottom