Well 100 year old houses

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
So my best friend, who also owns a construction company called me and asked for help to demo an old house. I'm under paid and over worked...

He asked me if i could get a hold of a crew to help him out... I have 4, 18 year old boys, all brothers and cousins that use to watch me ride with their uncle when they were just little boys...

So they are like family.. They are doing just,fine with their first demo.... I get them to the house by 6 o,clock and we work 10,HR straight with lots of breaks... No electricity and no water (other than the cooler) we have so far removed 15000 lbs in 3 days worth of plaster and pain..

The woman who owned it and lost it was a hoarder... Before we cold demo I removed 5000 lbs of just pure trash.

It has been insanity... The house itself used to be a really neat design and then was slum lorded into,a,shitty duplex...

I failed to take,enough before and afters so far...

The lath work is so extensive... Its amazing to me how many nails those poor bastards used to make the place...

I've got maybe 2 to 3 dumps to remove the ceiling and floors but the heavy lifting is now done...

I've walked 60 miles in 4 days loading our dump truck wheel barrow by wheel,barrow full...

I've had to show these boys half my age that im willing to push any bit of mess they have collected into the trailer...

0814191528.jpg 0814191529.jpg 0809191330_HDR.jpg

The porch that has been covered in a shitty fashion will be returned to its former wrap around status...

The budget is 100000 I'm easily eating about 15000 of it up..

It's the worst property my buddy has ever bought...the hoarding the fucked joists... The age... Everything is against us..

I will update with final and progress pics... I'm tired.. I'm old... But God damn it's an honest and decent job.

I'm so tired of raping people in the finance office to make 80 grand a year... I enjoy being my own boss, but more so... I enjoy an honest living... I can always sell stuff when I'm old.

1700 sq feet of dust blood and tears... And wasps. God damn the wasps.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
that is work .. I've had to pull some old showers in fort worth that had 8 inches of mud and lathe, it sucks bad. looking forward to better pics :fu: :wink2: and you're a good guy about the $, I'm the same .. I hear about it constantly (charge more $) but far too many contractors fuck people, and my work is beyond reproach.

OP
OP
Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I've at least shaved a year off my life in that mess... It's a good thing I plan on going out on a bike..
Bowtie I agree 100 percent... I've got the boys hammering the old stud nails flat.... It will be ready for sheet rock and trim wehn I leave...

The insulation in the attic is overwhelming plus the,lath up,there ... It just gets harder and harder...

And Ysr.. Trust me I asked him wouldnt,it be easier if I burned it to,the ground... The yuppies here want vintage.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
You took so much time off from the board.
That it's just really weird to read you referring to 18 y/o's as boys
Fuck, you were almost that age when I sold you your first full leather suit via airmail.
AGV I think?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Pert-near three decades ago I scraped the nasty peel and stick tiles of a kitchen floor. Got to the last one and the label was stuck to the floor, it read "Congratulations On Your Purchase Of Armstrong Asbestos Floor Tile".
The house was built around 1919 and the kitchen was probably last done in the 50's or 60's.

RobBase

BAMF
Fuck that noise. That house looks like it deserved the "treatment." Probably be cheaper to rebuild anyway...........
Like this..................

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

From start to finish took literally about 30 minutes.

Once you're an operator, it's hard to go back to manual labor.

OP
OP
Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I've actually operated some heavy equipment... Never got to demo with it, but did dig some with that piece of equipment above.., i kept playing around and using the bucket to "wheelie" the machine... I've played in bull dozers and graders... Have a cdl... Etc

Trust me I wanted nothing more than to demolish the entirety of this structure.., but I will say, the finished product will be eye-catching...

The porch will be very beautiful with 6 x6 posts and the kitchen will get a granite and stainless treatment. The layout will be opened up and the ceilings will easily be raised to close to 12 feet.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Good for you, those are miserable jobs but ya gotta do em to know you prefer never to do em again :lol:

Been there and done it a few times before I said “ next time I’m gonna own the house I’m workin’ on”

Bought my first fixer upper in the blackest part Houston back in the early 80’s, I fixed the whole place up by myself and it was a tear down :dash2: I was the only white guy who ventured into the hood, made friends with everyone in the neighborhood. Only paid 5 grand for it at a FDIC auction. Sold it on a “contract for deed” and made my first bit of :cdolan:.

Here that place would have to be fully wrapped and have a hazmat crew pull that shit down. All asbestos. Even the floors look to be asbestos.

Yum.
Well everywhere you need to. It is against Federal, State, and Local laws not to follow the processes specifically called out for abatement if you are not an homeowner doing it in person even that is prohibited in many areas. Would not be putting this on the Web if it were me. Huge lawsuit waiting to happen if anyone were to complain who lived in the area not to mention jail time.

jail time...lol
what a fucking idiot you are B1Doofus :fu:
No with environmental issues including litigation, being deposed participating in taking depositions as well as testifying in front of State Commissions NMOCD. I have quite a bit of experience with Federal and State regulations in specific areas mainly oil production related NMOCD and BLM Onshore Orders. Glad you are the expert in this area lol please cite some specific examples where cases where individuals were not prosecuted criminally? You do not even want to go there with me.:) Go back to eating chili with your fingers in your under wear sitting in your doublewide. :)

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
After my last Victorian build out only house I'll consider rehabilitating is a George F Barber design .. they are worth saving.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Was there any wood that could be reclaimed/sold as "cool old wood"?

Rusty Nuts

Building things in Paradise, and drinking JD
Website
harleypeople.org
Keep the progress photos coming. I hate dusty, termite infested, nasty old remodels, But I’ve done a lot of it. It’s a great feeling when it’s completed and a family moves in.

BigGar

high on placebo
Squid, that certainly looks like some motherfucking honest hard work for sure. I did find major humor, being an old fucker myself, about a young lad like you talking about a bunch of kids "half your age". Faaaack I'm getting old... I remember when you were half your age. Fucker.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Out little place in South Portland was built in 1850 :Buelldozer:

OP
OP
Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
1002191501_HDR.jpg 1002191501a.jpg

Porch is gone... Look at that beautiful pour...

Much of the foundation was shit...

But the concrete porch was still standing...

8 x 8 post for porch soon!

RobBase

BAMF
The second pic, the guy on the left looks like he'd be perfect fit for Luckystrike's plumber. :eek:

Top Bottom