Wednesday Night Steel: Is a revolver competitive against a semi auto...

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Not when the monkey standing behind it is me :)

6 pound trigger versus 2. 3/4 of an inch of trigger travel versus 1/8 inch. 8 rounds versus 10, 17, or...

Plus those 8 inch plates are hard to hit at 15 yards with a double action revo :) But I had fun, and I'll do it again next month. Four steel stages, and two USPSA (paper) stages for practice.

Here's some pictures:

Stetson

BAMF
No golf carts? They expect you to walk all the way down to check your target? I bet you didn't tip.

OP
OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
No golf carts? They expect you to walk all the way down to check your target? I bet you didn't tip.
No need to check a steel target, it either rings or it don't. Here's a tip for you, never bring a revo to a semi auto match :)

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
S&W 627 8 shot .38 special double action only
Last night s falling plates winner was using one just like yours. Big long fugly fucking thing with some optic. Something you d never carry so i dont see the sense in using one.

Got eliminated mid way by all the optic $4000 race guns them geriatrics run... I was shooting a $5 m&p 9 rental with a black front sight.

No more than 10 rnds loaded inside the mag, not sure how u guys were using 17 rounders

Ill be bringing my own next wednesday

Last edited:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Several photos per post this time. Nice work.

Last night s falling plates winner was using one just like yours. Big long fugly fucking thing with some optic. Something you d never carry so i dont see the sense in using one.

Got eliminated mid way by all the optic $4000 race guns them geriatrics run... I was shooting a $5 m&p 9 rental with a black front sight.

No more than 10 rnds loaded inside the mag, not sure how u guys were using 17 rounders

Ill be bringing my own next wednesday
Where was this at? CT doesn't have fun shit like this.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Where was this at? CT doesn't have fun shit like this.
Numerous places
Grayson in Orange every wed.... It is the most fun $20 will get u

Theres a few other places doing plates, Hartford, Hamden, Wallingford... But Graysons is closest to me, and they run a tight ship... Indoor!

Stetson

BAMF
I have a S&W model 36 in .38 I think it's a 1 3/4" barrel, maybe 2"

A bunch of friends and I were shooting in a sand pit, and there was a big, smooth hill of sand there. I stuck an empty 12 ga shell in the middle of the smooth sand, and backed off quite a ways, 25 or 30 yards. Maybe 50. An unrealistic distance, anyway. Told everyone, "I want to see how close I can get." I cocked the hammer, and held my arm out straight, and squeezed the trigger.........

Hit the shotgun shell dead center, and sent it flying. Everyone started cheering, but I couldn't have done that again with a month of Sundays and 10,000 rounds.......

My carry gun, when I bother, is usually a stainless Ruger speed six in .357 with a 2 3/4" barrel. I actually prefer revolvers.

Top Bottom