wearing a motorcycle helmet in a store can get you arrested and banned

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Yet again...

The mask crowd like ad... Will tell you to wear a face covering
The hypocrisy is never ending...

If I wear a full face voverimg and a beenie with sunglasses its legal as a Beagle ... But a helmet.... With a pussy ass manager chasing you around like an investment banker trying to cover the losses in your portfolio.

He bought his goods he was leaving.

Yes ad you are livking the boot.

Yet again...

The mask crowd like ad... Will tell you to wear a face covering
The hypocrisy is never ending...

If I wear a full face voverimg and a beenie with sunglasses its legal as a Beagle ... But a helmet.... With a pussy ass manager chasing you around like an investment banker trying to cover the losses in your portfolio.

He bought his goods he was leaving.

Yes ad you are livking the boot.
Nice speech but this took place in 2019.

Austin_F

BAMF+
That's the best part.

The guy was leaving. If left alone he would have been gone in a minute.

Instead the manager called the cops who prevent him from leaving, then arrest him for not leaving.

They were the ones keeping him there!

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
He was asked to leave the store repeatedly by the manager, he refused, cops came, he was arrested.

The older cop was a dick and just wanted his ego stroked, biker boy there wasn't having it.
Really?? Shoot, I missed it.

Can you post a link to where he tells him? I didn’t hear it in the video I saw. I’d love to hear the 911 call, too.

I didn’t think the biker pushed back at all. What did he say/do that was wrong?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
There is reasonable doubt the guy did not hear anything as evidenced by his response to the first officer. Because he was listening to music in his helmet (regardless of being a good idea or not) its reasonable to believe that impaired his ability to hear the manager. The video does not support the managers story either.

The police likely violated his rights. If there were in fact a crime, the charge being dropped effectively nullified that. So now there was never a crime.

The manager clearly lied about what happened. Walmart is gonna have to pay.

luckystrike

Just Grip and Rip
Website
lemonparty.org
All sorts of stupid from all parties: the biker, cops and store manager

The biker will (and should) win this...

...but he had a multitude of options to descalate and avoid 17 hours in detention

"I apologize if I made you or your customers uncomfortable..."

And walking around wearing a helmet, visor down with music blasting in your ears such that you're so numb to your immediate environment is a good way to win a Darwin award, sooner or later

Can you post a link to where he tells him?
Here's a link to the video without fluff commentary.

You can see the manager attempt to speak and gestures to him at 01:55. He does it again at 02:55. He gives up at this point, given how he's doddering around like a fucking idiot.

I didn’t think the biker pushed back at all. What did he say/do that was wrong?
A breakdown:

The manager is really just pissed because nobody gives a fuck about a walmart manager and his authority was disrespecked. 11:28.

Moto douche argues his case.

Officer dickhead makes an appearance at 11:55, chews his ass out.

Moto douche is taken down a peg, says he'll be cool at 12:45 and officer dickhead is satisfied with his subject now appropriately brow beaten, steps back.

They tell him they don't want him back at 12:57, motodouche is internally freaking out, look at his face. Where is he going to go for his morning Gatorade?

13:48, they basically tell him to leave and never come back. Okay, good. All he has to do it say, "okay" and he can go to work with a story to tell his buddies. The cops continue to lecture him, motodouche doesn't like that (I don't blame him, those cops suck).

But nope, he wants to make this a bigger deal and does so at 14:50 by, I dunno, going mute and waving his arms or something. This is where he fucked up. He could have walked away after they jotted down his info but decided he wanted to change things up. You know how the rest of it goes.

He did several things wrong and a different move at any point would have avoided this trifecta of dickheads headed towards the same intersection at 90 mph. From the helmet on/visor down/music on, to being oblivious to someone trying to get your attention, to arguing his case to the popo who were going to let him walk, and finally, to shutting down completely.

Anyway, everybody in this video sucks and I regret I had to watch this crap but I'm happy to provide the basis for my statements. Feel free to take notes and send them over to Qwik.

Another note:

It is interesting to see a few of you worked up about the cops conduct during this episode. Is this what passes for police brutality and civil rights violations in your world? :lol:

I mean, it's a good start and I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. If only you could muster up the same scrutiny for when cops shoot unarmed black people, maybe we can get somewhere. :lol:

If it was a darkie mouthing off, squid would be singing a different tune.

Last edited:

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
Here's a link to the video without fluff commentary.

You can see the manager attempt to speak and gestures to him at 01:55. He does it again at 02:55. He gives up at this point, given how he's doddering around like a fucking idiot.

A breakdown:

The manager is really just pissed because nobody gives a fuck about a walmart manager and his authority was disrespecked. 11:28.

Moto douche argues his case.

Officer dickhead makes an appearance at 11:55, chews his ass out.

Moto douche is taken down a peg, says he'll be cool at 12:45 and officer dickhead is satisfied with his subject now appropriately brow beaten, steps back.

They tell him they don't want him back at 12:57, motodouche is internally freaking out, look at his face. Where is he going to go for his morning Gatorade?

13:48, they basically tell him to leave and never come back. Okay, good. All he has to do it say, "okay" and he can go to work with a story to tell his buddies. The cops continue to lecture him, motodouche doesn't like that (I don't blame him, those cops suck).

But nope, he wants to make this a bigger deal and does so at 14:50 by, I dunno, going mute and waving his arms or something. This is where he fucked up. He could have walked away after they jotted down his info but decided he wanted to change things up. You know how the rest of it goes.

He did several things wrong and a different move at any point would have avoided this trifecta of dickheads headed towards the same intersection at 90 mph. From the helmet on/visor down/music on, to being oblivious to someone trying to get your attention, to arguing his case to the popo who were going to let him walk, and finally, to shutting down completely.

Anyway, everybody in this video sucks and I regret I had to watch this crap but I'm happy to provide the basis for my statements. Feel free to take notes and send them over to Qwik.
Oh neat.

I was asking for proof that the store manager had repeatedly asked him to leave. Isn’t that what you said?

We’re you popular in high school? (Not a joke or gotcha question... just something that I’m working on)

• Red
Reactions: Red

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
Another note:

It is interesting to see a few of you worked up about the cops conduct during this episode. Is this what passes for police brutality and civil rights violations in your world? :lol:

I mean, it's a good start and I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. If only you could muster up the same scrutiny for when cops shoot unarmed black people, maybe we can get somewhere. :lol:

If it was a darkie mouthing off, squid would be singing a different tune.
The police generally shoot unarmed people for specific reasons, not because they’re “black”. (I apologize in advance if I’m incorrect in my assumption of your premise. Please feel free to correct me if I am.)

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
I didn't see any of the patrons in the store freaking out. Just the manager. And then the cops.

I was asking for proof that the store manager had repeatedly asked him to leave. Isn’t that what you said?
You also asked for a copy of the 911 recording and audio from him telling him to leave the store...from ceiling mounted surveillance footage....that's silent. You're trying to set me up in a gotcha, but I can't help you meet your own high evidentiary standard for something that simply doesn't exist or isn't publicly available :D

You asked me to support my own statement and I did, with timestamps. If you see the same footage but draw a different conclusion, then say so. It sure as shit doesn't look like the manager asked him to leave "5 or 6 times" as he said to the cops but he did clearly attempt to talk to him at least once. Multiple opportunities for things to have turned out differently.

Like I said, he talked himself into handcuffs.

Cops are just assholes.
"Yes you have to give your phone number".......bullshit, he straight up lied and I'd lie right back.
In the store: "You are under arrest for trespassing" No that's not how it works in this public place, you have to try to come back after being told not to. He was also just informed not to come back, and was still detained...that don't fly.
Out in front of store: "well, I think we have enough for disorderly conduct charges" ...bullshit charge.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Cops are just assholes.
"Yes you have to give your phone number".......bullshit, he straight up lied and I'd lie right back.
In the store: "You are under arrest for trespassing" No that's not how it works in this public place, you have to try to come back after being told not to. He was also just informed not to come back, and was still detained...that don't fly.
Out in front of store: "well, I think we have enough for disorderly conduct charges" ...bullshit charge.
spot on

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
You also asked for a copy of the 911 recording and audio from him telling him to leave the store...from ceiling mounted surveillance footage....that's silent. You're trying to set me up in a gotcha, but I can't help you meet your own high evidentiary standard for something that simply doesn't exist or isn't publicly available :D

You asked me to support my own statement and I did, with timestamps. If you see the same footage but draw a different conclusion, then say so. It sure as shit doesn't look like the manager asked him to leave "5 or 6 times" as he said to the cops but he did clearly attempt to talk to him at least once. Multiple opportunities for things to have turned out differently.

Like I said, he talked himself into handcuffs.

I just asked for how you knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
If I’m interpreting the body language of the manager correctly, it appears that he was asking him to take his helmet off or chastising him for wearing it.

It does not appear (in the video) as though he was demanding he leave the store several times as AD stated.

It’s possible that he was told he needed to take his helmet off or he would have to leave. That’s much different than being told you have to leave.

$$$,$$$.00

I just asked for how you knew.
I was basing my statement on the newspaper article (linked below) that stated he was repeatedly told to remove his helmet. But you make a fair point, it's unknown whether the manager said "Why are you wearing a helmet" to "take the helmet off" to "you have to leave". He may have said all of that in that order or none of that. He clearly tried to say something to the biker and I'm guessing when he was ignored (either deliberately or not) he got pissed and called the cops.

Everybody is a dickhead, cops and manager included, and this dipshit talked himself into getting arrested. What is it that everyone around here says? Don't bother arguing by the side of the road.

He could have said, "I didn't see or hear you talking to me, I'm leaving now and won't be back".

He then could have called corporate Wal-Mart, gotten the ban lifted and potentially gotten the manager disciplined or fired. Instead, he got arrested and his lawsuit against the town was dismissed.

The dude definitely could have avoided jail several times.

Of course it got dismissed, but who won? No one won but one party is out more money and time than the other. Not sure if it's the state or the individual that lost more.

It's like both of them decided, "I'm gonna waste a bunch of time and money today"

rumble phish

BAMF+
I was basing my statement on the newspaper article (linked below) that stated he was repeatedly told to remove his helmet. But you make a fair point, it's unknown whether the manager said "Why are you wearing a helmet" to "take the helmet off" to "you have to leave". He may have said all of that in that order or none of that. He clearly tried to say something to the biker and I'm guessing when he was ignored (either deliberately or not) he got pissed and called the cops.

Everybody is a dickhead, cops and manager included, and this dipshit talked himself into getting arrested. What is it that everyone around here says? Don't bother arguing by the side of the road.

He could have said, "I didn't see or hear you talking to me, I'm leaving now and won't be back".

He then could have called corporate Wal-Mart, gotten the ban lifted and potentially gotten the manager disciplined or fired. Instead, he got arrested and his lawsuit against the town was dismissed.

AD, for fucks sake I think you're just going out of your way to be argumentative. How did this guy "talk" his way into getting arrested? The older cop was jonesing to arrest somebody. What? you can't calmly explain your actions or calmly refute the word of an accuser at the scene? WTF man? This guy was as calm as could be, especially considering the berating he was taking. And he did state that he didn't hear the Manager (I and I believe the video backs that up 100%). Guy wasn't a dick at all. The only dicks there were the older cop and the manager. The other, younger cop wasn't so much a dick as he was a prick.

I used to walk in to stores with my helmet on all of the time. Full gear, helmet on, mirrored shield down. And I stand 6'5" and weigh 350lbs!! Not once was I ever hassled or the cops called on me. I was never even asked to take my helmet off. The only difference was that i wasn't listening to music, which this guy was.

AD, for fucks sake I think you're just going out of your way to be argumentative.
Nah, I'm just responding to people (mostly kehale) addressing me. Any other thread and I'll accept that title :lol:

How did this guy "talk" his way into getting arrested?
Like I said, he had multiple opportunities to acknowledge and move on. Cops being power-tripping dicks happens everyday in every state.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you in the next "cop killed someone" thread where you argue that they should have just listened to the police. :lol:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Nah, I'm just responding to people (mostly kehale) addressing me. Any other thread and I'll accept that title :lol:

Like I said, he had multiple opportunities to acknowledge and move on. Cops being power-tripping dicks happens everyday in every state.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you in the next "cop killed someone" thread where you argue that they should have just listened to the police. :lol:
:roll:

He DID listen to the police, that's part of the issue. Also, stating you're innocence (or ignorance) shouldn't be a green light for the cops to cuff you and throw you in a cell! Fighting them, holding a weapon, or keeping your hands out of sight is a whole other ball game entirely. When cops (or anyone for that matter) has a draw on you then you shut up and comply and look for your opportunity elsewhere. But last I checked, this is the US of fucking A and we all should have the right to free speech and to be secure in our persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.

I don't want to be accused of being argumentative (again :smile2: ), so let's reach some middle ground and say that power tripping cops wield enough power to seriously fuck your day up and that efforts to check that power, to increase oversight, to hold them to their professional standard, are being done in part by people you would otherwise consider your political opponent.

Here's a similar story with a happier ending:

Austin_F

BAMF+
As I said, the guy was trying to leave and they stopped him, then arrested him for not leaving. That alone is probably what got the charges dropped.

What the cop should have said was 'ok maybe your music was too loud to hear the manager but in any case he is banning you from the store. You need to pick up your backpack and continue heading out. Have a nice day'

Considering the guy never reached into his pocket, and followed all commands, that's all it had to be.

The inner city folks tend to NOT follow commands, reach into their pockets after being told to keep their hands up, reach into cars, etc etc.

I also love how the cop tells him to shut up several times, then gets angry when the guy actually does exactly that.

OP
Cisco San Jose
All the wanna be lawyers on here, let the real lawyers decide if he is wrong or not

The guy was right there's nothing on the front door that says motorcycle helmet must be removed when in store.

Hell I have worn my motorcycle helmet with my gopro going in Walmart or Target store with no issue, I turn off the gopro blinking record light but still run the recorder and I also have my googles on and my Cov-19 mass on, no problem no issue.

So all you panty wetting lawyers on here let the real lawyers sort this out. And as for the Cops on here ALM even BLM, AILM, HLM and so on.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
id bet there is most certainly a sign on the door about "right to refuse service" or other such legal jargon thats in place on many such private business establishments that lets the owners or employees tell you to get the fuck out for any number of things.

its fucking walmart of all places, they didnt just open up yesterday...and are probably the target of nearly every ambulance chaser attorney there is on a regular basis.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Wonder how much he made/will make off the lawsuit. I’m betting that manager is a stock clerk now.
I dunno, that manager will have more experience in how not to do things which has a certain value. Walmart won't pay anything. That will all be done through an insurance company.

I'd be surprised if this was the first case like that they've had. Theres probably a set price they offer. Thought I kinda saw 250k floated by. A good attorney would probably advise him to take that too. The risk in a case like that is if it goes to trial and they award the guy less. In some states if that happens you end up not only getting no settlement, but you have to pay the defendants (walmart) legal fees. The days of the huge pay outs for split coffee or slip and falls are just about done. Sure theres an odd case here and there. But courts have backed way off that shit for good reason.

CID

BAMF+
pre-covid videos are fun!!
-- the best part of this vid is him being arrested for doing what he was told to be -- Silent. aka "DOC" :lol:

After that -- they added a trespassing charge cuz a manager said to leave?? LOL -- thats a good one too. Trespass and Arrest all in one... nice.

Awesome police work right there --- Pre-covid AND pre-riot stuff. Now days cops like this are trained to better hande ..what did they call it?? Oh yeah -- "Disturbing the peace... Disorderly conduct". :lol::roll:

I'd have gone to jail that day too, just about the time the cock sucker cop started lecturing me.

Top Bottom