Watching Food That Made America on The History Channel, Colonel Sanders was a bad ass!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Some competing gas stations owner kept fucking with his gas station signs. The Colonel and his boys confronted the assholes who were painting over his sign. Guns got pulled and people got shot and killed. The Colonel came out clean and ended up with the only gas station in town, and selling fried yardbird to travelers.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Only one person knows the combination to the safe the Colonels recipe is in. Only two people know the recipe.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
The recipe is 2 week old oil in the deep frier. Why anyone would eat that shit is beyond me

VFR Rider

BAMF
I would have to be pretty damn hungry to eat KFC. Spent a couple weeks in the Mediterranean and when locals learned I am from Kentucky they would often mention KFC......good grief!! No mention of bourbon or thoroughbred horses......just fucking KFC.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
KFC makes a great chocolate or yoghurt-coated potato-chip cone for only 16 baht.

18196C57-87D3-4D97-AFFC-03CA370900F4.jpeg

BarryW

BAM
Don't mind indulging in the saturated fat goodness of original recipe once in a blue moon. Have also found it to be a welcome known commodity on occasion in China, although they seem to have their own slightly different variation of spices; not bad, just different.

DaCat

BAMF
I enjoy their zinger burger. Every country has different poultry and water, so maybe it's that. There are worse places to eat.

Stetson

BAMF
Last night in North Carolina, I ate at a Bojangles for the first time ever. Two fried breasts, mashed potato & gravy, green beans, biscuit and a drink for about 8 bucks. Came on a plate, which I thought was a nice touch. There were no non-soda options at the fountain thing, which bugged me, as I don't usually drink soda. So I got something called Cheerwine, which I've never heard of, but kind of reminded me of something, maybe Dr Pepper. Everything was pretty good, actually, for fast food. I can't remember the last time I ate Kentucky fried Chicken, so I don't know how it compares. I was on foot, and the other choices were Taco Bell or McDonald's so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Tonight's dining in South Carolina consisted of a party melt on rye, fries and a trip to the salad bar at a Country Pride restaurant at a TA truck stop, with a nice sweet tea. It was better than Bojangles.

I don't normally take pictures of my food, so you're all shit out of luck on that one.

Top Bottom