W T F DOG FOOD !?!

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Not an Urban Legend.
It fucking happened.

I had not heard the Winchell's or McDonald's tales but, we've seen the video of the chick with the hot dog.

I'll do the discriminating myself and avoid places with people who look sickly or haven't gotten out of adolescence yet.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
Not an Urban Legend.
It fucking happened.

I had not heard the Winchell's or McDonald's tales but, we've seen the video of the chick with the hot dog.

I'll do the discriminating myself and avoid places with people who look sickly or haven't gotten out of adolescence yet.
Most of us haven't gotten out of adolescence yet judging by our actions 😳

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
...what food are you going to try next...???...I am thinking of tossing the new bag of Zignature I just bought...

Not sure.. but need to make a decision in two weeks..

I used to love eagle pack back in the day.. their lamb rice performance line was very good.. but they now have so many different formulas I'm afraid to give them a try.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
Not sure.. but need to make a decision in two weeks..

I used to love eagle pack back in the day.. their lamb rice performance line was very good.. but they now have so many different formulas I'm afraid to give them a try.
We also use Caru daily dish - it's a wet type food in a paper container. Any good?

I'm sure the Rachel ray shit is shit, but in my dogs their coats get shiny, their turds get smaller and firmer and their energy skyrockets.

When I try something else they go downhill.
We switched my old buddy Angus over to that shit at a time when we didn't think he had much more than a month or two to live, and we were just trying different foods to see if it would help. He perked right up on the Rachel Ray's and we got another good year plus out of him. I wouldn't knock it... other than to say it must have cocaine in it, based on how Angus's energy levels turned around! :confused2:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
This is what I'm feeding the next two months

20190703_103218.jpg
20190703_103226.jpg

With a two table spoons of this mixed in and a little hot water..

20190703_103237.jpg

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
One of the reasons our vet recommended Royal Canin is that they don't have as many recalls as some of the others. They aren't perfect, but they are pretty reliable.

Every dog is different and each respond differently to different food.. hence why I try different foods from time t
Time.

This is the ingredients for the GSD formular

Screenshot_20190703-122809_Samsung Internet.jpg

Every dog is different and each respond differently to different food.. hence why I try different foods from time t
Time.

This is the ingredients for the GSD formular
Yeah, I have a brand new bag in the garage I went out and looked at after your earlier post. Definitely does not meet the standards you've laid out previously.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
See the difference in the first few ingredients...

Screenshot_20190703-123319_Samsung Internet.jpg

The first two ingredients are the bulk of what is inside.. less as the list goes down.

I have no idea who to believe about almost anything. So I go by how my dog reacts, and what my dog's vet has to say.
We know that dog food makers have been caught lying about their ingredients... so if you can't believe them, then who the hell can you believe?
Here's a quote from an article about Lies Told By Dog Food Makers (not that I believe this author either!)
First Ingredient Fooled Ya’
The first ingredient in a bag or can of dog food does not mean that is the primary ingredient. The moisture content of meat in a dog food is about 75 percent. That sounds fantastic, right? It would be if 75 percent of real safe meat went into your dog’s food. Food gets processed, dried, and the meat ends up being under 10 percent. Beef that starts out as 75 percent of the content in a dog food ends up at less than 10 percent when it goes into dry dog food. Sad!
The old yardstick by which to measure dog food of “real meat first” isn’t necessarily going to help use choose the best food any longer.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Exactly. You go by what the dog does well on.. just because it is expensive does not make it great.

My dog has winter allergies. Combined with having bloated once I try to find something that keeps the itching down and the stools firm

Every now and then he slip his meals for a day.. his stomach sounds like a war going on during that day.. a LARGE soft red tinted shit ends the battle. Always SUPER SOFT... LARGE .. AND RED tinted. Of course first time this happened I rushed him with a sample to the hospital.. not vet mind you but our Animal hospital in NYC . After checking his stomach
. Bowls and everything else they could bill me for they came back with sensitive stomach diagnosis.

So he gets probiotics and some antigas pills to help the stomach digest.

I tell eveyone.. I have yet to find the perfect dog food.. when you find something your dogs thrive on...use it until there is so mb e reason you need to change.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I've used it before ... not this new formula and had OK results.. fur was a little dull and he developed a hot spot while on the food..

I keep feeding/medical/exercise/work(scent) logs so its easy to look back at what doesn't and what does work.. ,:)

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I could not find dog food thread I wanted so I'll just a
use this. .

Some guys ask what foods I use and why.. I am always looking for the next best thing outside of raw or homemade foods.

Calorie count on performance foods...

My dog gets winter allergies that start around September.. the Vet gives him an opaque shot that lasts for 40 to 60 days... when I brought him in for the shot I weighed him as I always do and he lost 11pounds... going from 102 to 91.. the Vet starts freaking and wants to do Urine and Blood work on a senior panel.. I do agree with it as I had not done a full work up since his Knee surgery 2 years ago.

He is not as fast as he once was.. nor do I really work him like I used to.. sure he still gets a daily work out but now I let him tell me when he is tired instead of pushing him as hard as I once did.

After the Vet we went for a swim in the ocean. A windy day with winds hitting 40mph at times. Open ocean was way to ruff with a severely bad undertoe. So I headed to the bay side.. water temp is still warm and outside temps today are 62 degrees.. as I'm drying him off it dawned on me why the weight loss.

I switched him 6 weeks ago to Natural ballance Limited Ingredients diet.. every now and then he would get an upset stomach and have some odd soft color poops.. since I switched him his poops are firm, normal color, and way less mass then any food I fed him in his entire life... the protein is much lower and the Kal calorie is much lower yet I did not increase the amount of food he gets which is 1.5 cups of dry, wet, and supplements twice a day.

I think the lower calorie count in this food is what caused the weight loss as I dont see any other issues but taking a blood urine panel will give me a base line to watch future weight loss.

Ultimately he is a 80 to 85 pound dog when in good shape and 75 pounds in top working weight. I'll see where he levels out on this food and if needed adjust the amount of food.

IMG_20191010_134135_733.jpg

Wretch

amazingly graceful
That is one beautiful animal Paul.

I don't know how I'd ever be able to keep up with him.

Top Bottom