Vote by mail - what could possibly go wrong - Head of State Flees Country

nomad

BAMF
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues across the U.S., many states like California have implemented universal vote-by-mail systems for the upcoming federal elections in November to protect the health and safety of residents. Since April, Congress has appropriated $400 million to help states take action to protect voters during the COVID-19 pandemic, including instituting vote-by-mail systems. The House also approved an additional $3.6 billion in assistance for states to make voting safe during this public health crisis and requires states to allow all voters to vote-by-mail under the HEROES Act.

this will be an epic shitshow

Last edited:
OP
nomad

nomad

BAMF
Supreme Court temporarily blocks felons from voting in Florida

More:Year of surprise Supreme Court rulings shows influence of Chief Justice John Roberts

The dispute over the voting rights of Florida's felons could be crucial in this fall's elections because of its perennial status as a swing state. There are about 775,000 felons in the state who have completed their prison sentences, including about 85,000 who registered to vote.

The state Legislature passed, and Gov. Ron DeSantis signed, a law requiring that felons first pay all fees, fines and restitution owed as part of the process.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I have done early voting for the last 10 years. It's in the election HQs at my County Seat. It's always very easy and fast and NOT crowded. It's 17 miles away, not 5 miles like my normal voting precinct. But I'm usually in town during the week of early voting anyway.

Anyone who says they need voting by mail is being duplicitous.

Bandit Man

BAMF
Yhe thing happening in Florida os they are not telling them what they owe even if its only a dollar. They just send them away telling them to check back later.

OP
nomad

nomad

BAMF
un believable. and you guys think I am all doom and gloom. This is Putin level shit

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
un believable. and you guys think I am all doom and gloom. This is Putin level shit
I'm gonna need Tinny to approve the Putin level shit in order to believe this WP level shit

OP
nomad

nomad

BAMF
Two Chump Judges Broke Ethics Rules to Stop Up to 1 Million Floridians From Voting in November
Senate Democrats are demanding to know why.

A breach of judicial ethics may have prevented up to 1 million Floridians from voting in November. On July 1, a federal appeals court lifted an order that had blocked Florida from imposing a poll tax on people convicted of felonies. The U.S. Supreme Court then declined to step in. If two judges appointed by President Donald Trump had complied with the judicial Code of Conduct, Florida’s discriminatory and unworkable poll tax might well have remained blocked through Election Day. And Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee are now demanding that these judges explain their justification for flouting their ethical duties.

The two judges in question, Barbara Lagoa and Robert Luck, have served on the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals since late 2019. Trump elevated them to the 11th Circuit from the Florida Supreme Court, where each had served for less than a year.

Two Chump Judges Broke Ethics Rules to Stop Up to 1 Million Floridians From Voting in November
Senate Democrats are demanding to know why.

A breach of judicial ethics may have prevented up to 1 million Floridians from voting in November. On July 1, a federal appeals court lifted an order that had blocked Florida from imposing a poll tax on people convicted of felonies. The U.S. Supreme Court then declined to step in. If two judges appointed by President Donald Trump had complied with the judicial Code of Conduct, Florida’s discriminatory and unworkable poll tax might well have remained blocked through Election Day. And Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee are now demanding that these judges explain their justification for flouting their ethical duties.

The two judges in question, Barbara Lagoa and Robert Luck, have served on the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals since late 2019. Trump elevated them to the 11th Circuit from the Florida Supreme Court, where each had served for less than a year.
And this is a bad thing?

OP
nomad

nomad

BAMF
  • At a July 28 hearing before the House of Representatives, Attorney General Bill Barr said he "hadn't looked into" whether a president can singlehandedly delay a presidential election.
  • Trump cannot cancel or postpone the November 3 general election by executive order, under the parameters of a national emergency or disaster declaration, or even if he declared martial law.
  • And in an extreme scenario where the electoral college does not vote, Trump's term would still expire at noon on January 20, 2021, meaning control of the presidency would go down the line of succession.

This is going to be the worst legal battle in the history of elections IMO

tinhead

Has never named a pet
This may be the dopiest thing yet to come from the stable genius.:frEEk:
Backtracking furiously, the latest pronouncement is absentee voting is OK, but voting by mail isn't. :confused2:
Here in Connecticut, not wanting exposure to COVID is reason enough to be able to vote absentee. Trumpy only comes here to scrounge up hedge fund money, so I doubt he really cares much.

OP
nomad

nomad

BAMF
Trump Signs Executive Order Banning Month of November

While legal scholars protested that he did not have the right to reduce the number of months in a year from twelve to eleven, Trump argued that “the Constitution doesn’t say anything about how many months you have to have.”

“All of those smart guys like Jefferson and Madison, those beauties, this is something they didn’t think of,” he said. “I got them on the months.”

Trump said that eliminating November from the calendar was “long overdue,” calling it “a rigged month.”

“November is a hoax,” he said. “Some people say it may not even be a real month.”

Responding to a reporter’s question about the future of Thanksgiving, Trump said that “nobody will miss it.”

My friend's wife volunteers' at voting site and she says all sorts of miss use of guidelines goes on when people reg for voting at the booth and even when collecting mail in votes for people that drop it off at voting place, so with mail in vote it will be even worst, lost mail, people hijacking mail and burning it and the list goes on.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

Stetson

BAMF
It scares the vote supressors that voters will be able to skip the 6 hour lines (that never appear in white suburban areas) with a trip to the mailbox.
They mix up my polling place with a bake sale, quilts too. Books from the historical society, home made jams, it's like a polling tax on whitey. I can't get out of there without spending twenty bucks. You have to get there early too, or all the really good shit is gone.

hedgehog

BAMF
Funny, but trump’s own administration ran an investigation into voter fraud in the 2016 election (after losing the popular vote by 3 million), and found no significant evidence of voter fraud INCLUDING mail in ballots.

Bunker boy is scared, and is laying down the groundwork to cast doubt on the election if he loses, especially if he loses bigly.

Having said that, i’m quite sure he’s going to win again, but the margin will probably be slimmer than 2016.

Austin_F

BAMF+
lol still mad about the popular vote 4 years later.

Tinhead would tell you to 'just get over it' :)

I don't understand why voting has to be done in one day. Make that shit 2 weeks long. Declare Nov 3rd a federal holiday, to celebrate the freeiest of the freest country in the universe. Vote early, vote often.

Bandit Man

BAMF
The guy Trump just recently appointed as postmaster general has said he is slowing the mail coming and going under orders from Trump. He has never held any position in the postal service. He got the job because he is one of trumps biggest supporters.

One of the things they said they were going to do is close post offices just before the elections along wit many post offices are having to do half days to further hinder the mail.

And thats just the start.

OP
nomad

nomad

BAMF
MADRID (The Borowitz Report)—Americans are insanely jealous of Spain after its disgraced former head of state Juan Carlos announced on Monday that he was fleeing the country.

In interviews across the U.S., Americans expressed dismay and frustration that multiple criminal investigations were “all it took” for the former Spanish ruler to voluntarily leave Spain forever.

“So wait, in Spain, if a leader is being investigated for financial crimes and tax evasion, he just writes a letter saying goodbye and then he leaves?” Carol Foyler, who lives in Topeka, Kansas, said. “Whoa.”

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Nope, don’t bother me, but the popular vote still burns trump’s arse, as he still says it was down to voter fraud in direct contradiction of his administrations own investigation.
I don't know about fraud, but Hillary won California by over 4 million votes. Take them out of the equation and he swept the country.

That's all I need to know...

Top Bottom