Visited West Melbourne Florida today....

zxfan

BAM
and had to make the pilgrimage to MC's former place of employment. Took a quick look around and took a few pictures. Here's a little photographic documentation to corroborate why MC gives it the nickname he does. When you can take it all in at once it really is quite amazing that someone could cover just about every square inch of the grounds with some form of broken motorcycle or another.
Kudos to you MC for extracting yourself from this place and going to work for people who I would assume are non hoarders.
IMG_20210731_140458~2.jpgIMG_20210731_140550.jpgIMG_20210731_140600.jpg

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
pathetic aint it?? Colin is clueless... did you peep the service manual library?? Im suprised the City of Melbourne or the Fire Marshall doesnt shut him down.
Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder should have taken that Vmax as a parting gift...lol

OP
zxfan

zxfan

BAM
I have it on good authority that 90% of the bikes in the front never move. They're there 24/7/365. Where would he put them if he could move them?

OP
zxfan

zxfan

BAM
Went to see my brother to see if I could fix a carb problem on my Yamaha generator.
It pulses in eco mode but runs fine in regular mode.
Verdict- run it like it is or get new carby for $230.
My fault for poor maintenance. I'll be $230 lighter by the end of next week.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Went to see my brother to see if I could fix a carb problem on my Yamaha generator.
Send me that carb! Better hope it's not what ever controls it. I drain my Honda EU2000is carb and tank. I also spritz Fogging Oil in the spark plug hole... and muffler.

Terry_Schiavo

try berrymans first... happened to my honder when the local station was selling regular gas as eth free

OP
zxfan

zxfan

BAM
Send me that carb! Better hope it's not what ever controls it. I drain my Honda EU2000is carb and tank. I also spritz Fogging Oil in the spark plug hole... and muffler.
Appreciate the offer. I may take you up on it.

Want to put a new battery in it first.
Battery is flat dead. Got a new one coming.
Going if that has anything to do with solenoid on the carb maybe causing the issue.

Did the Berryman's thing. No improvement.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Appreciate the offer. I may take you up on it.

Want to put a new battery in it first.
Battery is flat dead. Got a new one coming.
Going if that has anything to do with solenoid on the carb maybe causing the issue.

Did the Berryman's thing. No improvement.
Steel tank?

Is it rotten?

Rust flecks blocking solenoid passage if yes to both.

Master-Cylinder

Yamaha probably works like my Honda, it has a little motor that operates the throttle shaft on the carb. Can you download a service manual for it?
I keep one around for my EU2000is.
I'm supposed to clean the spark arrester screen in the muffler to keep it running correctly, which requires muffler removal. I've never done it. My air filter did rot...after 15 years. Sparkplug replacement is a must on it every decade, or so.

OP
zxfan

zxfan

BAM
Didn't think about that being a motor. Solenoid just stuck in my head. Going to see if I can find a service manual for it.

Gas tank is dead clean no rust.

OP
zxfan

zxfan

BAM
Going to jump the generator battery off my mower tomorrow.

The electric start will work and will see if a good solid 12 volts will improve the pulsing.

Something easy to do that will rule out the battery as the cause of the problem.

Was able to find a service manual online that listed resistance values for the windings in the motor. Will check that also.

Vegas12

BAMF+

Terry_Schiavo

The Champion line of gen sets gets high reviews from the guys on the RV boards. It's also made in chyna....just like the ones from Harbor Freight that get good reviews..
if this guy has a kit for it... more than likely its a good alternative to the Honda or Yamaha offerings.

Hes a former MC racer...

Master-Cylinder

Top Bottom