US/China Trade War Might Be Done

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
It looks like China will agree to lower some tariffs and make adjustments to combat IP theft. I don't think the Chinese are going to back off from their 'Made in China 2025' campaign, but they're hurting enough that they'll make some concessions to end the trade war, and the US markets have been affected enough that Trump isn't taking as hard a line as he was last year (and if the current negotiations break off without a resolution, it pretty much guarantees that US import tariffs will go up to 25% on March 2nd, which isn't going to do either economy any good). It's looking like more of a give-and-take, which Xi needs in order to make a deal- he couldn't give in to any demands without getting something in return.

No guarantees of anything, but there might be pretty good news for the stock market soon.

China Offers Trump a Trade Peace Deal

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Looks weak.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
In the sense of it being negotiated rather than demanded? Maybe, compared to the early rhetoric.

Whatever deal that's eventually worked out will likely be something that could have been done without resorting to the tariff war in the first place.

Snail

The tone of the article left me with a ho hum feeling. It will drag on.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yeah, maybe, but this is the first time I've felt like some progress has been made, and I've been keeping up pretty closely with it.

If the talks do break down with no resolution, it's going to get a lot uglier, and neither side wants that. Possibly Trump will extend the deadline for the 25% tariffs again, which is better than nothing.

RobBase

BAMF
How long will it take for the jihadi's to take note of what the Chinese are doing to the Uighurs?

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Now that the chinks are buying soybeans again, have the fat cat farmers returned the $12,000,000,000 (twelve billion dollars) that trumpy gave them for having to wait 60 days for a buyer?

Subsidies so vast that the farmers could give the soybeans away for nothing to the chinks and still make money.

Snail

When the export log buyer sends me an acceptable purchase order I'll believe progress has been made.

No subsidies for me. 4 months of zero log sales.

bowtie

BAMF
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
The US spent 68 BILLION last year on food stamps ... :fu:
Now that the chinks are buying soybeans again, have the fat cat farmers returned the $12,000,000,000 (twelve billion dollars) that trumpy gave them for having to wait 60 days for a buyer?

Subsidies so vast that the farmers could give the soybeans away for nothing to the chinks and still make money.

CID

Snail's the point-man on patrol in the woods waiting for the general's order of cease fire to trickle down to him :biggrin1a:

Snail

I'm eating sticks and rocks to survive.

RobBase

BAMF
.... the chinks.....
I'd like to take this moment to point out that some people here took Bandit Fred's memes as a sign that the USA had now become a hotbed of racist, white nationalist Nazis,......in reality it's the progressive, tolerant, liberal Tinhead that is the second coming of Adolph Eichmann.
All hail Obergruppenfuhrer Tinhead!
What a fuckin joke.

CID

Trump's causing a complete collapse of the recycling business too :eek:

The market for the recyclable materials left in curbside bins crashed over the past 18 months after the primary consumer β€” China β€” banned import of some recyclables and tightened up its standards for how clean the recyclables need to be that it does import.

"China decided it didn't want foreign garbage inundating its country any longer," Redman said.

Because the country handled at least a third of the recyclable materials collected in the United States, national recycling industry experts say that leaves a huge gap in the market that no one has been able to fill. Companies that process recyclable materials for local governments have fewer places to send their products and the cost of preparing products for manufacture has increased.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I'd like to take this moment to point out that some people here took Bandit Fred's memes as a sign that the USA had now become a hotbed of racist, white nationalist Nazis,......in reality it's the progressive, tolerant, liberal Tinhead that is the second coming of Adolph Eichmann.
All hail Obergruppenfuhrer Tinhead!
What a fuckin joke.
^^^^^^^^^
Stalker doing what stalkers do.
A mindless follower, displaying the stimulus/ response reaction of an earthworm.:chimpanzee:

RobBase

BAMF
Not a stalker, just seeing what's going on during my lunch break.

Anyway, to reply,.....retarded liberal doing what retarded liberals do, ignoring reality and just calling people names. Right?

RobBase

BAMF
Also, before ghoti's WW party, didn't you call me a Jap?
I didn't want to leave any of the other Asian nationalities out the fun here. πŸ˜—

RobBase

BAMF
"She's probably having the same thoughts in ebonics that the gook server had while ysr was taking her pic to jack off to. " - Tinhead

What a coincidence, I just happen to click on BillyV's thread and now I see you chucking out the racist comments about the Viet, Cambodian and Thai people also. Jeezus!

Not that I'm offended...... remember that I'm half Flip so you can use the proper racist term in your next reply.

BigHock

BAMF
Well the Chinese were buying our scrap to get the good stuff off of it. Add in slave labor and the margins are juicy. How much copper wire is in a modern car? Cast aluminum? Magnesium? Silver?
MC has a bit too much in magnesium as we speak! All those Marchesini wheels he has lying around... we should help him get rid of it :wink2:

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The talks ended yesterday- the fact an extra day was added to the schedule was a good sign. The sticking point is that the Chinese apparently aren't going to give in on 'structural reforms' (which likely has to do with the 'Made in China 2025' campaign I mentioned in the OP, which is their plan to make huge manufacturing gains with corresponding increases in imports).

No big announcements from either side other than things went 'well'.

The March 2nd deadline is quickly approaching, though, and if there's one thing the Chinese have proven they won't do as far as negotiations go, it's rush into anything.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
MC has a bit too much in magnesium as we speak! All those Marchesini wheels he has lying around... we should help him get rid of it :wink2:
I prolly only have 10 of those wheels. I want to turn one of them into a clock.

He dont like Gooks you Zipper Head...lol(just kidding)
I prefer the proper term of "Hafu Gaijin". I will also accept "Hapa" or "Hapa Haole", and possibly "Cracker Jap", as these terms apply specifically to half Caucasian/half Japanese peoples. The terms "Nip" and "Butterhead" apply to Japanese. "Gook" would apply to Southeast Asians (Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc.). "Zipper Head" applies mostly to Koreans.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I thought Clint (converses with empty furniture) Eastwoods use of toads in Gran Torino was quite artful. :triniti:

RobBase

BAMF
There you are you big jabba the hut mofo.
I do miss being owned by you, you Boy Scout hater.
(It's alright, I'm over that ever since the BSA sold their soul to the liberal devils).

RobBase

BAMF
Ok, I will now have to rethink what I said about tinhead.
Turns out he doesn't live in the racist, white supremacist, nazi nation I thought the USA was.
It turns out that it's the nations of "people of color" that are the real bigots of the world.
Go figure.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
This is the best indicator of where both sides currently sit (from an AP article published in the Bangkok Post)- I'm starting to feel that Snail might be correct in his assessment that things will 'drag on'- much of what I read today seems a bit less optimistic than yesterday (not that it means much considering the information released by the respective delegations hasn't changed, but the tone is different)- China seems unwilling to offer exactly what Trump wants, and he might not sign off on any agreement that falls short of that:

Beijing has tried to defuse pressure for more sweeping change by offering concessions including purchasing more American soybeans, natural gas and other exports. That might offer relief to rural areas that supported Trump in the 2016 election and were targeted by Chinese tariffs.

However, the official Trump put in charge of the talks, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, has focused on pressing Beijing to scrap or change rules Washington says block market access or improperly help Chinese companies.
Those include initiatives such as β€œMade in China 2025,” which calls for state-led creation of Chinese global champions in robotics, artificial intelligence and other fields. Washington, Europe, Japan and other trading partners say those violate Beijing's market-opening obligations. American leaders also worry they might erode US industrial leadership.

US companies also want action on Chinese policies they complain improperly favor local companies. Those include subsidies and other favors for high-tech and state-owned industry, rules on technology licensing and preferential treatment of domestic suppliers in government procurement.

The US demands strike at the heart of a state-led development model the ruling Communist Party sees as a great success over the past three decades and is reluctant to give up.

CID

Ok, I will now have to rethink what I said about tinhead.
Turns out he doesn't live in the racist, white supremacist, nazi nation I thought the USA was.
It turns out that it's the nations of "people of color" that are the real bigots of the world.
Go figure.
again it's not a particular race we would ever dislike being around -- it's the culture of a social group that decides not to assimilate appropriately with it's surroundings

Snail

Brian, thanks for following this issue and posting the information. Trying to make business decisions in this international environment is a crap shoot, (litteraly).

hedgehog

BAMF
again it's not a particular race we would ever dislike being around -- it's the culture of a social group that decides not to assimilate appropriately with it's surroundings
one of the biggest offenders of that are the english who have moved to southern europe.

parts of the costas are like essex with sunshine.

CID

one of the biggest offenders of that are the english who have moved to southern europe.

parts of the costas are like essex with sunshine.
Like a redneck running through the city with a 8ft high truck that takes a ladder to get into with a rebel 6ft flag flying out back. There are any number of idiots that like to 'stand out'

RobBase

BAMF
Can you rewrite the bold text into English?

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Brian, thanks for following this issue and posting the information. Trying to make business decisions in this international environment is a crap shoot, (litteraly).
I find it really interesting having seen first-hand how tariffs affect the entire economic 'food-chain' here in Thailand- it only hits me at the consumer-level, but getting your perspective on it (negative though it's been) has pretty eye-opening.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
What's your line to acceptable level of cultural assimilation?
Something further than the jews assimilate wherever they infest a country. That's why they are hated worldwide.
The year is 2019. New Years occurs at midnight December 31. The rest of us eat ham and cheese sandwiches without god smiting us, or that yahwah character fukking us up.

Snail

Cultural assimilation should include learning the language

Top Bottom