Unreal - Boston Dynamics - There goes your job...

Buelligan

HOLYBAMF
I have an incredible propensity for heat. I bet I can work out in the sun longer than a Mexican. It's the peasant stock I come from. I come from generations of serfs apparently.
In the summer, I can't be out in direct sunlight for more than a few minutes, it's like I'm on fire. But the fucking morons who show up at the junkyard, stand out there for hours bragging about how bad ass they are on two wheel! I guess extreme heat doesn't effect retards. Or is it affect?
I'll at least talk in the shade.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
In the summer, I can't be out in direct sunlight for more than a few minutes, it's like I'm on fire. But the fucking morons who show up at the junkyard, stand out there for hours bragging about how bad ass they are on two wheel! I guess extreme heat doesn't effect retards. Or is it affect?
I love bikeweek! I call it "Give Retards Skin Cancer Week". All fucking red & blistered! Im free riding in my dooorag and sleeveless ensemble! :lol:

Hush

BAMF
So Google just hung a For Sale sign on Boston Dynamics

If they sell it to the Chinamen, like they did with Motorola, I will fucking boycott all things Google...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/03/17/google-robotic-unit-boston-dynamics-sale/81914652/
I'm actually annoyed by this as well. Taking strong American companies, building and hyping them up....and selling them to the highest bidder. Yea I know it's business, money talks, but really? It's like they are doing this type of thing on purpose to see how many American companies they can sell to the chinese.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Like having your job taken by a Chinese robot is worse than having your job taken by an American robot? :-?

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Motorola was an American icon...from radar during WWII, radio for the moon landings, cellular communications etc. Selling it to the Chinese was hard to swallow.

At what point does it become a national security issue?

I'm sure Boston Dynamics was a big benefactor of DARPA or some other such funding. Maybe it was all private equity?

If the former, I find it hard to stomach that a taxpayer funded innovation incubator would come all this way, only to be handed over to a foreign state on a silver platter.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Fucking google assholes...

Those assholes already sold of the iconic Motorola to Lenovo of China and now...

As I had feared, toyota is in talks with them to buy two of their robotics divisions, one of them being Boston Dynamics which is owned by google's parent, Alphabet.

Hush

BAMF
Fucking google assholes...

Those assholes already sold of the iconic Motorola to Lenovo of China and now...

As I had feared, toyota is in talks with them to buy two of their robotics divisions, one of them being Boston Dynamics which is owned by google's parent, Alphabet.
Apparently shit went downhill after Andy Rubin left google.
Good article, and makes you dislike google even more.
http://www.techinsider.io/why-google-and-boston-dynamics-are-parting-ways-2016-5

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Google sells another American icon into foreign hands

First giving Motorola to China, and now Boston Dynamics sold to Japan's Softbank

:down: :down: :down:

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
The latest from BD

We are so fucking dead

[video=youtube;fRj34o4hN4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I[/video]

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Better chance than getting those billet shot glasses, or a certain party happening...
ha... a couple partays have happened (Oct last year) and I have a billet shot glass, party wrench, and a cool knife. Also Ive perfected in reclaiming the heat energy from my Honda EU generator without ANYONES help or inspiration! :D

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com
evolution with the souls of humans past.

a fitting end to a dream.

One day robots could entirely edge out human beings and become a new life form that is even capable of replicating itself, Stephen Hawking has warned, once again predicting a rather grim future for humankind.

“I fear that AI may replace humans altogether,” the renowned physicist told Wired magazine, as cited by the Cambridge News. “If people design computer viruses, someone will design AI that improves and replicates itself. This will be a new form of life that outperforms humans,” Hawking added.
However, humanity itself has already reached “the point of no return” and may destroy itself first, the 75-year-old academic predicts. “Our earth is becoming too small for us, global population is increasing at an alarming rate and we are in danger of self-destructing.”
To avoid this apocalyptic scenario, Hawking suggests that mankind should come up with a space program “with a view to eventually colonizing suitable planets for human habitation.”
This is not the first time Hawking has spoken about the potential threat of robots becoming self-conscious and exceeding human intelligence. Last year, he warned the AI “could develop a will of its own – a will that is in conflict with ours,” adding that the rise of machines could become “either the best, or the worst thing, ever to happen to humanity.” The scientist has also suggested moving to a different planet in the past, saying there were only some 100 years left to escape fragile Earth.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
And after the robots take your job, you'll need help getting off the couch to go to the kitchen for more Cheetos...Honda to the rescue.

[video=youtube;Io3MBpzmVJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io3MBpzmVJc[/video]

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Next level to the vid posted by roadczar

[video=youtube;aFuA50H9uek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFuA50H9uek[/video]

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Freshly posted by BD. These things are doing parkour now...

[video=youtube;LikxFZZO2sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk[/video]

Austin_F

BAMF+
Weird. The slowmo shows the moment it needs to reevaluate itself after every move. It's definitely not smooth yet.

But they sure have come a long way since the dog dragging a power cord around.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Gotta consume a gob of power, probably juiced out after that little jog. Impressive nevertheless

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Boston Dynamics has showed what it's possible to do. There's been little commercialization, though. No leaping twisting running Android's are loading and unloading semi trucks and cargo planes. No cyber dogs run around telling us when Timmy falls in the well.

gsxrian

BAMF
As long as the US Government has a "kill switch" coded into the hw / sw, then i am not worried.

Top Bottom