TSLA: Buy It Now

A23

BAMF+
Just got off the phone with my Dad.

He plays the market every day...he told me that he had bought a chunk of TSLA on Jan. 2nd after I discussed shorting it.

He's a happy camper...

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
A more fitting portrayal of what's coming would be to replace Toyota, Ford, Gm, etc. with Chevron, Exxon, Shell, etc.
Naw... gotta power the generators on the locomotives and oceanliners.

I would replace Toyota, GM, Ford, et. al. with crocodiles or alligators... prehistoric, but still around. They will all survive, but they better adapt quick.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
One analyst is calling for...

...$7000 (yes, that's 3 zeroes) by 2024

Note the recent surge is largely due to Panasonic reporting blockbuster results. They supply batteries to TSLA, so if you follow the trail from Panasonic...

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Yesterday it went up 20% today it went down 20%

Dave might have some inside info from his personal smith/stocks guy

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
watching the last 15 minutes of trading now, I agree this looks like it's not a one time run up but more like the beginning of something

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
not a big fan of short term moves, but was impressed it finished up today

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
not a big fan of short term moves, but was impressed it finished up today
Yeah, up $14 isn't bad, but it's in the realm of "normal" TSLA banter. +/- 2 or 3% is a holding pattern.

I really should have sold a larger quantity at $945, but I didn't want to go too far into my super long term shares. I just sold off the +$300 shares.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Don't understand your capital gains strategy at all but you seem to be killing it. Was that a trailing stop?

where are you looking right now on a pull back from that last peak, high 600's, low 700's?

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+

Z

BAMF+
Tesla Remotely Removes Features from Used Cars Without Warning.

Tesla reportedly removed autopilot features from a customer’s used Tesla vehicle without any notice whatsoever. The practice is likely to add more Tesla buyers to the growing chorus of dissatisfaction surrounding Elon Musk’s treatment of customers.

Jalopnik reports that Elon Musk’s electric car manufacturer Tesla allegedly removed the autopilot features from a customer’s used Tesla vehicle with no warning. Jalopnik refers to the customer as “Alec” and claims that the customer purchased a 2017 Tesla Model S on December 20th of last year from a third-party dealer who purchased the vehicle directly from Tesla via an auction on November 15, 2019.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
D

Are you looking for a pull back on this run before it it takes the Cramer forecast of 7 or 9000? What do you think of Cramer's (and others) radically high forecasting? Speculation? 3 cup hide the ball?

I was impressed listing to some industry guys talking about the pick up truck cost of production. If he have get people to look past the radical departure from what trucks should look like, it could have a good upside

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Sorry. Been busy trying to figure out how to get my "new to me" Busa to LA. :wink:

Are you looking for a pull back on this run before it it takes the Cramer forecast of 7 or 9000? What do you think of Cramer's (and others) radically high forecasting? Speculation? 3 cup hide the ball?
Yes. I fully expect a "significant" pullback (think long consolidation) before (if ever) it hits $6000+. It's unlikely to ever hit that level. It would likely split before it did. I use a lot of individually collecting trending data points. I keep my ear to the ground on his dealings. What's happening in China? What is he spouting off about on Twitter? Who is he badmouthing in the industry? I consider TSLA a very "grass roots" type of stock. The company has a significant value as a technology company outside of their ability (inability?) to sell motor vehicles. They are in a good position right now... forerunner, innovator, trend setter. That won't last forever.

Case in point...
I was impressed listing to some industry guys talking about the pick up truck cost of production. If he have get people to look past the radical departure from what trucks should look like, it could have a good upside
There is a lot of exciting things coming from Tesla. The truck, the roadster (maybe), Model Y. On the negative said, the bigger players are putting a lot of effort (aka dollars) into catching up to Tesla. Ford is on the verge of an SUV launch, the truck in a year or two. VW Group is pushing hard. Rivian probably isn't much of a threat as a manufacturer, but their tech is going to give someone (likely Ford) a much needed boost.

I mentioned it before. I started with TSLA as a fun way to pay for the car. It took 4 years, but the profits have done exactly that. I still have shares to play with. It was an experiment... one I should have taken more seriously. I put 6 figures into my Etrade account to play and had I put all that in TSLA from the start...

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
As a final note to my next action... I have buy orders at $550 and sell orders at $950. I fully expect to get more shares at $550 or less before the end of the month.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Something interesting will happen and Musk was tweeting about it recently

The UK is banning ICE cars as of 2035, along with a few other Euro nations in and around that year. I expect more to join similar bans throughout the world

2035 is not all that far away...1990 is as far away as 2050!

At some point well before 2035, the citizen car buyer will resist dropping money on something that will have 0 residual value in the not too distant future

Would you buy an ICE car in 2030, knowing it will be worth €0 in 5 years? Would you buy an ICE car in 2025 (a mere 5 years away) knowing you'll get almost nothing for it in 2030. It's almost like a negative feedback loop and it starts sooner rather than later...

The masses in these countries will be forced to flock to EV vehicles, and the most established players will reap the rewards

wormser77

BAMF
The UK is banning ICE cars as of 2035, along with a few other Euro nations in and around that year. I expect more to join similar bans throughout the world
As in ban the sales or ban them off the road?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Sorry. Been busy trying to figure out how to get my "new to me" Busa to LA. :wink:

Yes. I fully expect a "significant" pullback (think long consolidation) before (if ever) it hits $6000+. It's unlikely to ever hit that level. It would likely split before it did. I use a lot of individually collecting trending data points. I keep my ear to the ground on his dealings. What's happening in China? What is he spouting off about on Twitter? Who is he badmouthing in the industry? I consider TSLA a very "grass roots" type of stock. The company has a significant value as a technology company outside of their ability (inability?) to sell motor vehicles. They are in a good position right now... forerunner, innovator, trend setter. That won't last forever.

Case in point...

There is a lot of exciting things coming from Tesla. The truck, the roadster (maybe), Model Y. On the negative said, the bigger players are putting a lot of effort (aka dollars) into catching up to Tesla. Ford is on the verge of an SUV launch, the truck in a year or two. VW Group is pushing hard. Rivian probably isn't much of a threat as a manufacturer, but their tech is going to give someone (likely Ford) a much needed boost.

I mentioned it before. I started with TSLA as a fun way to pay for the car. It took 4 years, but the profits have done exactly that. I still have shares to play with. It was an experiment... one I should have taken more seriously. I put 6 figures into my Etrade account to play and had I put all that in TSLA from the start...
you're not the first person I have heard refer to Tesla as a tech company v a car company.

As a final note to my next action... I have buy orders at $550 and sell orders at $950. I fully expect to get more shares at $550 or less before the end of the month.
550, that seems like some bottom feeding, but worth a watch for sure, thanks for that :up:

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
you're not the first person I have heard refer to Tesla as a tech company v a car company.
Many would argue they are anything BUT an automotive manufacturer... :lol:

I would argue that manufacturing isn't their strongest point, but they overcome with adaptability, perseverance and technology.

550, that seems like some bottom feeding, but worth a watch for sure, thanks for that :up:
I built my TSLA position on bottom feeding... mostly. :wink:

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Increasing a position with TSLA seems good, all things considered. This break out seems more like AMZN when it broke out. The fundamentals were not there, yet look at it now...

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Keeping with the spirit of investing transparency (a concern raised by someone in another thread), I don't always win. Some of my losses today are GE and VMW. Yesterday it was NIO and WTRH. Losses and wins. In stocks it's the end result that mostly matters.

Things I watch: AMZN - Bezos' divorce (it actually didn't do shit for the stock either way), HPQ/XRX - still watching; probably too late to make a play, high yield dividend is getting my attention lately, IBM is a decent dividend and the stock is making some drastic swings (watching the trend), BA has had an amazing couple of years, but now they are backing out of "space taxi" program - why?, NFLX - they've had a big drop at the past couple year ends; that's a good time to get in, Starlink and SpaceX IPOs?. Stuff like that.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I think BA is not volunteering to back out of the space taxi business as much as they have been (significantly) underperforming. They were given almost 2 billion more then SpaceX for the same basic job and they got "lost in space". SpaceX on the other hand has been steadily resupplying the ISS for a few years now. Further Boeing was not transparent in that last deal and it seemed that they let slip as programming repair they made in flight which could have resulted in a LOSC or LOC had it been a manned flight. Also SpaceX is killing it on cost per kilogram. BA is just not going to ever be competitive unless they partner with SpaceX.

As far as being transparent...why? Keep as close to the vest as you feel comfortable doing. Your insight into TSLA is sharp otherwise I would not ask.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
looks like you almost got filled on your 950 sell order (if you haven't cancelled it yet). 944.68 intra day high

testing new highs today.

Top Bottom