TSLA: Buy It Now

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Yep... just hit another all time high: $1923

Slightly surprising considering the tiff with a couple Chinese giants and the pending split. Crazy ass stock for sure!

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Post split strategy?
Yep... buy the hell out of it and expect it to climb back to current highs before the end of the year.

Of course, November will be a telling month for the market. The lowest point the market has been in the last 10 years was March 2009 (about $6500). The highest point during the Obama administration was right at his departure in January 2017 at just under $20K. Within the first year of the Trump administration the market nearly hit $27K and eventually nearly topped $30K. Even in the wake of the COVID bullshit, the market never dipped below $18K, the lowest point being March 2020. In the last 5 months it has made it way back to nearly $28K.

Conspiracy theories aside, this should tell people (who care about their financial well being) all they need to know to make the correct voting choices.

Let's address one of the more prevalent conspiracy theories; that the market is a facade of a much more deteriorated financial system. Basically, the market is being falsely inflated/reported. I have no doubts that the value of the dollar is in the tank and has been for decades (you could even argue since the creation of the Federal Reserve and departure from the gold standard), but regardless of the true solvency of the market, it really comes down to what investors "think" are what their financial actions are. Facade or not, how many millionaires were made off TSLA in the last 2 years? Do you think they give two shits about whether the market face is a facade? Nope. Some would argue that it is a placebo effect. If investors are still moving money, then everything is fine. The cycle completes as it should. If people, fearing a new Government, start liquidating investments in the market, that would also be a cycle of fear-based investing (or deinvesting as it were).

I don't think 4 years was enough time to allow the current administration to make the dramatic shift to US self dependency. Great strides yes, but there's a lot left to do and orders to maintain. An administration change would almost certainly start with reversal of any aggressive measures put in place to that end. That is what's going to drive the market back down and likely keep it there.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Thanks Dameon, I appreciate you typing that out
Sharing some of my investing thoughts may generate comments from the LAB masses that could help my internal debate as to what moves to make. Whenever you're screwing with your money, especially at a late age, it's serious business for some and it helps to talk it out. I've always been one to try and learn from others mistakes. It seems to be easier to see the faults in other people actions. :lol:

I hope the ramblings help someone here.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Sharing some of my investing thoughts may generate comments from the LAB masses that could help my internal debate as to what moves to make. Whenever you're screwing with your money, especially at a late age, it's serious business for some and it helps to talk it out. I've always been one to try and learn from others mistakes. It seems to be easier to see the faults in other people actions. :lol:

I hope the ramblings help someone here.
Much appreciated! This thread has been educational........I just wished I had been in a position to buy earlier than I did.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Yep... buy the hell out of it and expect it to climb back to current highs before the end of the year.

Of course, November will be a telling month for the market. The lowest point the market has been in the last 10 years was March 2009 (about $6500). The highest point during the Obama administration was right at his departure in January 2017 at just under $20K. Within the first year of the Trump administration the market nearly hit $27K and eventually nearly topped $30K. Even in the wake of the COVID bullshit, the market never dipped below $18K, the lowest point being March 2020. In the last 5 months it has made it way back to nearly $28K.

Conspiracy theories aside, this should tell people (who care about their financial well being) all they need to know to make the correct voting choices.

Let's address one of the more prevalent conspiracy theories; that the market is a facade of a much more deteriorated financial system. Basically, the market is being falsely inflated/reported. I have no doubts that the value of the dollar is in the tank and has been for decades (you could even argue since the creation of the Federal Reserve and departure from the gold standard), but regardless of the true solvency of the market, it really comes down to what investors "think" are what their financial actions are. Facade or not, how many millionaires were made off TSLA in the last 2 years? Do you think they give two shits about whether the market face is a facade? Nope. Some would argue that it is a placebo effect. If investors are still moving money, then everything is fine. The cycle completes as it should. If people, fearing a new Government, start liquidating investments in the market, that would also be a cycle of fear-based investing (or deinvesting as it were).

I don't think 4 years was enough time to allow the current administration to make the dramatic shift to US self dependency. Great strides yes, but there's a lot left to do and orders to maintain. An administration change would almost certainly start with reversal of any aggressive measures put in place to that end. That is what's going to drive the market back down and likely keep it there.

In a less....much less....educated position, my gut says the same thing.

I chickened out on Tesla when you and Maui said to buy @ <400....I justified my feelings with the negative oil prices.

So now I'm joining the party much later but now my gut says that Tesla will be immune to a commie administration simply because it's a green/progressive darling.

Again, an uneducated but gut feeling.

I probably doomed you all because I jumped in...

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
So now I'm joining the party much later but now my gut says that Tesla will be immune to a commie administration simply because it's a green/progressive darling.
I bought Tesla for a different reason, so I sometimes forget about the "green" aspect of the brand. TSLA benefits from more than the vehicles. I expect the solar/power business to become more and more popular.

I hope you pull it down just long enough for me to get back in for cheap. :lol: I wouldn't worry too much about it... there are PLENTY of doom and gloom naysayers for the stock. Your self assumed bad karma won't make a dent.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
In a less....much less....educated position, my gut says the same thing.

I chickened out on Tesla when you and Maui said to buy @ <400....I justified my feelings with the negative oil prices.

Again, an uneducated but gut feeling.

Tesla? I thought you were buying TLSA....Tiziana Life Sciences PLA. That ship already sailed.

TSLA is a volatile stock and should be treated as such meaning you gotta keep both eyes open.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
last half hour of the day is always telling...

*edit...or not

Last edited:
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Yeah, nearly 40 point drop in 15 minutes. Little unexpected. Figured it would hold its $2080-2090 average to market close.

Stites

Are we starting to see the draw back that many anticipated prior to the split?

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Possibly... likely it's natural leveling after some of the hype wears off plus the election next month.

I'm debating what I should possibly dump now that my temp stocks are starting to level back out to pre-COVID values.

Vegas12

BAMF+

It's all a joke..

"Many anticipated" it would rocket to $3,000.

One guy has it dropping to $78.

Everyone is right........after the fact.

nomad

BAMF
irrational exuberance
The short was a good trade, but the libtards just keep piling in and buying stock that is OVERVALUEd.
nothing more than hot air

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
nomad has been citing fundamental aspects of Tesla which are spot on and should not be ignored. Theres lots of analyst out there saying the same thing. Where nomad runs thin is that he beats it into the ground with a one dimensional position. There is a danger here, the complacency from the irrational exuberance of a momentum move like he just cited.

Either way, ignoring his over the top drumming on the subject is probably unwise. Paying attention to both arguments and having a balanced view is widely accepted as prudent. TSLA is a volatile stock, caution should be exercised. nomad would also do well to look at aspects here that point the other way of his position which he may well be doing.

Last edited:

Vegas12

BAMF+
nomad has been citing fundamental aspects of Tesla which are spot on and should not be ignored. Theres lots of analyst out there saying the same thing. Where nomad runs thin is that he beats it into the ground with a one dimensional position. The danger here is complacency from either the irrational exuberance of a momentum move like he just cited.

Either way, ignoring his over the top drumming on the subject is probably unwise. Paying attention to both arguments and having a balanced view is widely accepted as prudent. TSLA is a volatile stock, caution should be exercised. nomad would also do well to look at aspects here that point the other way of his position which he may well be doing.

After reading that, I'm going to sell....

Then I read it again and I'm staying in...

No wait, I'm out..

Maybe I'll sell 1/2 ....

Fuck it, I'm buying more...or not.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
when in doubt broaden your horizon. Amazon is on a tear right now. Apple has been doing great. Microsoft looks to be on a break out. Theres lots of stuff out there.

then again, Zombies are running wild in a lot of cities...could be the end of everything...so then netflix is good

Stites

Will be an interesting trading day today for TSLA and APPL.

TSLA has already shot up to $2315 a share to start the day off

• WTF
Reactions: Red
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Today is the day. I was waiting to see how the crowd reacts... they've given me the data. I'll likely sell a majority of my shares and then be ready Monday morning to reposition before things get stupid.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the ticker and dialog around the event. Timing will be everything here...

Stites

Today is the day. I was waiting to see how the crowd reacts... they've given me the data. I'll likely sell a majority of my shares and then be ready Monday morning to reposition before things get stupid.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the ticker and dialog around the event. Timing will be everything here...

That was 5 hours ago, how do you feel now?

• Red
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
That was 5 hours ago, how do you feel now?
Great! I jumped back in with another 200 shares at $444. Already made $5K this morning on the new shares. "This ain't workin', that's the way you do it..."

Did you buy in at open?

Stites

I bought in about a month ago before it went bat shit crazy......I also bought some more last week

• Red
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
I bought in about a month ago before it went bat shit crazy......I also bought some more last week
You should be doing just fine then. If you bought last week at, let's say, $2200, you could compare that to a non-split value of $2400 (roughly $481 x 5). Making money the easy way.

Stites

You should be doing just fine then. If you bought last week at, let's say, $2200, you could compare that to a non-split value of $2400 (roughly $481 x 5). Making money the easy way.

Actually much better than that my friend.....my average price per share is in the mid 3's

• Red

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Probably not a lot of people noticed this today but Morgan Stanley changed their rating from Underweight to Equal-Weight. Also interesting is the average price target for wall street analyst is at 1340 right now which is almost 3x from where it is today.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Probably not a lot of people noticed this today but Morgan Stanley changed their rating from Underweight to Equal-Weight.
That's why I rarely heed the advice of the big investment firms. They have their own interests in mind and are typically slow to react to volatile investments. Yeah, I browse their rants once in a while, but I typically put more credence in Motley Fool, eTrade and what other investors are saying. You can never gather enough information from a variety of sources.

Also interesting is the average price target for wall street analyst is at 1340 right now which is almost 3x from where it is today.
I've seen targets all over the place. This split is going to put TSLA in a more global investment market. This won't be the last split for sure.

Stites

Dilution of the holdings of existing shareholders and should temporarily drive down the price of the stock.

I have no idea what you are thinking and obliviously I am not Tesla smart, but I am curious as to why they are doing this as last I read the one cash hungry/short company has nearly 9 billion in the bank.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Momentum stock isnt necessarily based on value in the traditional sense, but rather on revamped models that reflect emotional value as a viable asset.

Scares me.

Even the Fed is doing it, in a similar projected average changes to the inflation rate.

Do you ever feel like the bowling pin, instead of feeling like the bowling ball?

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
That's why I rarely heed the advice of the big investment firms. They have their own interests in mind and are typically slow to react to volatile investments. Yeah, I browse their rants once in a while, but I typically put more credence in Motley Fool, eTrade and what other investors are saying. You can never gather enough information from a variety of sources.

I've seen targets all over the place. This split is going to put TSLA in a more global investment market. This won't be the last split for sure.
was just more suprised then anything. Morgan Stanley as a company I don't really care for. I put Motley fool in the same boat though as a paid advertiser.

as for the analyst targets I generally don't put faith in them, its an average, which on average, is always wrong.

the reason companies issue stock is to sell it. They have 3 factories under construction right now. They're negotiating for at least one more European one I think. Either in the UK or Poland.

The current political climate is another reason for Tesla to have a good amount of cash. Uncle Joe is likely to drop anchor here if he wins so as they say make hay while the sun is shining.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
As I expected, Jeff is hitting the right points.
was just more suprised then anything. Morgan Stanley as a company I don't really care for. I put Motley fool in the same boat though as a paid advertiser.
Correct. They are all just data points on a plot. It's up to the investor how to interpret them.

as for the analyst targets I generally don't put faith in them, its an average, which on average, is always wrong.
:lol: Fact.

One of my favorite Simpsons clips...

the reason companies issue stock is to sell it. They have 3 factories under construction right now. They're negotiating for at least one more European one I think. Either in the UK or Poland. The current political climate is another reason for Tesla to have a good amount of cash.
Bingo. Hedging their bets against the possible turn of the economy. I'm not afraid of diluting the stock, just part of the necessary game. Tesla still has some challenges ahead of them in 2021. They may be ahead of the EV game now, this is no time to sit back and revel in their laurels. They've covered nearly all of the automobile categories... expect for arguably the biggest: pickup trucks. The race to a viable EV truck is conceptually neck-in-neck. Rivian, Nikola, Ford, heck even Chevy, have trucks destined for a 2021 model launch. It'll be an exciting year in that market space...

Top Bottom