TSLA: Buy It Now

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Market is closed, but you can put in a buy order for market open.

Dropped over 24 points today. Nowhere to go but up.

I got greedy and bought on the way down at $315. I'll still make money, just not as much as I could have. :pimp:

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Not quite sure why you think it will rebound so quickly...if at all.

I dont hold any stock, never have...so what do I know.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Are you doing a short term trade or adding to an existing position?

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
I delivered a 10 foot flag to JET.COM today which is about a mile or so from the gigafactory. I couldn't believe how freakishly big the building was.

With that Jet.Com's fulfillment center was around 750,000 square feet inside and was just filled with pallet racking with product.........pallet racking as far as you could see.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
Finbro is going through gender reassignment. Gona be Finsis in the future. Then Elon Musk will be be sued for sexual harassment when the merger is complete. The stock will fall to $80/share then split the pairs and double down at 450:1 odds. Im buying 10,000 future shares of TSLA @ $150/share. You heard it here 2nd... Imma let Jim Cramer of Mad Money fill you in on the rest!! :D

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Are you doing a short term trade or adding to an existing position?
It was going to be a short, but now it's a "long" short. :lol:

I maintain a quantity of shares I bought in the $250's as my long group. I then short 20-30 shares every couple days. This latest short is going to be longer than 24 hours though. I forgot the holiday in the middle of the week.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The US/China tariffs go into effect on Friday- everything is going to take a shit, at least over the next few days.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
The US/China tariffs go into effect on Friday- everything is going to take a shit, at least over the next few days.
The market is always forward looking. The tariffs would've been priced in long time ago to varying degrees...tame vs worst case.

What will separate the winners from the losers is the magnitude of the tariffs. I just saw on CNBC that DT is saber rattling ratcheting upwards to $500B.

DT is starting to piss me off at this point. It's been a rocket ship hella good ride but this looming trade war is looking to stall the shit out of everything.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
China will strike back immediately (within minutes- they're already fully prepared to hit 'Red State' businesses)- even the announcement of proposed tariffs hit the market hard- if they actually go into effect (and it looks like they will as neither side will back down) it's going to be ugly for at least a little while.

Buy Monday.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
The market is always forward looking. The tariffs would've been priced in long time ago to varying degrees...tame vs worst case.

What will separate the winners from the losers is the magnitude of the tariffs. I just saw on CNBC that DT is saber rattling ratcheting upwards to $500B.

DT is starting to piss me off at this point. It's been a rocket ship hella good ride but this looming trade war is looking to stall the shit out of everything.
buy on rumor sell on news is the old adage. Works both ways but yes, I think it's largely been priced in. last year was a rocket ride for sure and as much of a wet blanket the tariffs are right now, YTD is still looking pretty good. I also don't think these are long term strategies with DT. He likes money, I think he's playing the long game here but who knows. China has been walking on us since Nixon opened the door. Be nice to see some leveling of the field.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
No target is going to be set anytime soon- there's only a timetable for the first $50B- after that, it will be about what China does in retaliation. If it's a 'What we do depends on what they do' situation (the only thing China has confirmed is that their moves will be proportional), anything can happen- that's as 'uncertain' as it gets,

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Markets least like uncertainty.

If there is going to be a trade war, ...50B?, 100B?, 500B?, 1T?, whatever, I hope a target is set soon and then let's just get on with it.
vix is showing sub 16's (14.97) and trending lower right now which a lot of traders say is good.

as far as trade war, I don't see a long term deal like what you see in Thailand. US markets will revolt on that, pitch forks, torches etc...

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
It was going to be a short, but now it's a "long" short. :lol:

I maintain a quantity of shares I bought in the $250's as my long group. I then short 20-30 shares every couple days. This latest short is going to be longer than 24 hours though. I forgot the holiday in the middle of the week.
If you're long a stock and short it, are you trading 2 different accounts or doing an option play, selling calls/buying puts on your long or just trading the stock?

I don't see the business model clearly enough on Tesla. I can see your long/short strategy I think. Seems solid enough. Still if you are in @250 personally I'd be headed towards the door with a smile.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
If you're long a stock and short it, are you trading 2 different accounts or doing an option play, selling calls/buying puts on your long or just trading the stock?
I was using one account, but I was managing a lot behind the scenes with spreadsheets on buys, adjusted values, etc., so I opened a second account.

I don't see the business model clearly enough on Tesla.
I'm not sure anyone does... maybe even Musk. He primarily comes off as someone who has a ton of money and wants to move the world toward "alternate energy". Electric cars, solar power plants, but to what ends? Personal agenda? Financial gain? Bored?

I can see your long/short strategy I think. Seems solid enough.
It's the game. With less than $100K on both sides with TSLA, it isn't a make or break. I started with the goal to just pay for my Tesla. That's still the goal.

Still if you are in @250 personally I'd be headed towards the door with a smile.
My door is still a bit away. I have a major liquidation at $400 set. I'll always maintain a "few" long shares in case they go super nova. Whatever that may mean in the final game.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
market is doing pretty good all things considered, vix is down to 12.73, volatility declined after the tariffs went in force, not that they are the single driving factor, but rumor/news cycle seems to be still a predictable thing.

TSLA looks like it about to cross above the 200 day MA, the 50 day is still trending below the 200 but looks like it may cross which could be a buy if you're bullish I guess.

I still don't understand Tesla/Musk so I don't have an opinion long or short.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
TSLA looks like it about to cross above the 200 day MA, the 50 day is still trending below the 200 but looks like it may cross which could be a buy if you're bullish I guess.
And after one week, I'm up a paltry $7 a share. Meh. Better than being down $7 a share. I expected better. I'll sell tomorrow on the opening surge and wait for the next drop.

I still don't understand Tesla/Musk so I don't have an opinion long or short.
ADHD billionaire with a flair for the interesting. As long as he and Soros are putting money in, I'm putting money in. When Buffet starts putting money in, you can be assured success.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I actually prefer when a stock makes a more gradual come back like that. When they cycle violently up and down it's perhaps a better option play. You are in a much better position for the steady come back.

I didn't know about Soros investment but it was a good short read. Soros is a currency guy or at least thats how he made a lot of his money. He's a great manipulator. Soros bought TSLA.O ($35M convertible bond) which is due in march. Looks like it bought right after the downgrade so I think he makes a guaranteed 7.7%, not bad.

He can also convert to an equity position when it's due. So if the short sellers get agro with TSLA right before March harder then they already are, which I think Soros has the ability to do at a level on his own, then coverts his bond, he could score big time no?

Musk bought $10mil of his own company recently which propped it up pretty good.

Yea, when Buffet buys in thats a pretty big signal that something happened. But as we all know by the time that happens a lot fo the drive is gone.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
It's not looking good for tech tomorrow

NFLX missed big and is going over a cliff after hours and sentiment is that it will take a lot of tech with it when the bell opens on Toosday.

I just can't wrap my head around NFLX being valued at $150e9 so maybe it's time for a mini-correction for them, if not across the board for consumer cloud stocks.

I've been into cloud stocks with market caps between $1e9 and $10e9. I've been in COUP since IPO. I like anything in the business spend management space.

The other sector I've been riding is cloud payment plays, like SQ, PYPL

It's going to be a sphincter puckering earnings reporting period in the coming weeks.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Sorry, I made a mistake...

Market cap is $174e9

Only assets I know are the Netflix Originals...like 'Orange is the New Black', 'Making a Murderer' and the rest of their original programming.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
should be interesting this afternoon when Tesla reports earnings. If they make a profit it might look like one of Musk's rockets taking off. If they miss it might look like the first one he tried to land....

Top Bottom