Trying to catch up on Supercross (sorry, bike thread)

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
Who's gonna get the W tonight? Roczen? Webb? Eli is saying he's got to win at all cost. But if he doesn't get out of the gate any better than he has been, I can't see it.

I'm going with Webb.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
No rain here yet, 9AM. Weather predicted as "showery" now through tonight.
It might not be a slopfest. A quite moist track, rough and rutted, sounds like gold for Malcolm Stewart aka Mookie.

Ninjaman12R

No rain here yet, 9AM. Weather predicted as "showery" now through tonight.
It might not be a slopfest. A quite moist track, rough and rutted, sounds like gold for Malcolm Stewart aka Mookie.
Is that your pick if the track is wet?

OP
pimpslayer

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I wouldn't put money on Mookie no matter what shape the track is in. He's too sporadic.

Tomac seems to be in better shape, which would mean something if the track falls apart under incessant rain. Rain would probably slow down the fast technical riders like Webb and Roczen.

The Daytona track is always an enigma...not a true outdoor track, but not a true indoor style Supercross track.

I quit trying to call this race back in the '90s...it's always a crapshoot. :biggrin1a:

Ninjaman12R

I wouldn't put money on Mookie no matter what shape the track is in. He's too sporadic.

Tomac seems to be in better shape, which would mean something if the track falls apart under incessant rain. Rain would probably slow down the fast technical riders like Webb and Roczen.

The Daytona track is always an enigma...not a true outdoor track, but not a true indoor style Supercross track.

I quit trying to call this race back in the '90s...it's always a crapshoot. :biggrin1a:
Totally agree with you on Malcolm. I'd like to see Tomac get back in it, at least make the others sweat a little.

OP
pimpslayer

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I'd like to see this guy rise from the dead.
Yeah, Jason has been noticeably hit and miss in the standings, as have most of the KTM/Husqy riders. I was glad to see him get the Semi win at Orlando 2 weeks ago. 5th in the main was good too. They have been chasing suspension settings due to a big change in their suspension components, mostly the air forks. There's even inserts available aftermarkets to put metal springs into them for amateurs who don't need that level of sophistication. The smart guys like Webb and even Musquin are doing better than the rest, but there needs to be some information sharing between the teams.
I was surprised at Barcia coming out and doing so good this year on the new GasGas, but they use a less sophisticated suspension system than the KTM/Husqy bikes (at least at the consumer level), so his setup might be easier for him to figure out from track to track.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Quarter after 1, practice and timed Q starting soon. Showery seems to mean occasional rain spits that barely keep a parking lot damp.

As for track moisture, don't forget that any hole 30cm deep here strikes water. SX in Daytona is never dusty dry.

18c, about as high as it's getting today.
Still like Mookie.

wormser77

BAMF+
Quarter after 1, practice and timed Q starting soon. Showery seems to mean occasional rain spits that barely keep a parking lot damp.

As for track moisture, don't forget that any hole 30cm deep here strikes water. SX in Daytona is never dusty dry.

18c, about as high as it's getting today.
Still like Mookie.
I can't see Mookie being top 5 in a outdoor style track unless it's got some crazy long whoop section.

OP
pimpslayer

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I didn't know there was a race last night. I checked my TV guide for racing and only found Sebring and NASCAR. So I watched some fucked up movie with the wife. Well, most of it. Then I fell asleep. 🤷‍♂️

All Good Things (imdb.com)
You need a DVR, or a TiVo or something.

I set my DVR to record Supercross 3 years ago (or whenever NBCSports started carrying it), and it hasn't missed one yet.

(and NBCSports or Dish Network is so lazy, they just list the show as "Motorcycle Racing", so it grabs anything related to motorcycles on NBCSports, MotoGP, Flat Track, whatever...)

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
You need a DVR, or a TiVo or something.

I set my DVR to record Supercross 3 years ago (or whenever NBCSports started carrying it), and it hasn't missed one yet.
I did the same thing. Worked great for a few years.
A couple months ago the wife forgot to pay the phone bill (bundled with DISH). She paid it late, but by then DISH had already set the disconnect process in motion. Then the payment hit, and they reconnected us, but jacked up the price, so I told them shove their dish up their asses. Right now we have FUBO. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it, so I haven't done much in the way of recording my shows.

OP
pimpslayer

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I did the same thing. Worked great for a few years.
A couple months ago the wife forgot to pay the phone bill (bundled with DISH). She paid it late, but by then DISH had already set the disconnect process in motion. Then the payment hit, and they reconnected us, but jacked up the price, so I told them shove their dish up their asses. Right now we have FUBO. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it, so I haven't done much in the way of recording my shows.
We've had Dish on autopay for 10 years.... :wink2:

Top Bottom