Trying to catch up on Supercross (sorry, bike thread)

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
So I'm watching the first 450 Heat, and Bam Bam wins it on a GasGas. A fucking GasGas!!

I'm in shock, until I find out that KTM owns 60% of GasGas, and that their MX bike is a KTM in different bodywork.

Now the 450 Supercross series is almost half KTM with 4 KTM riders (at least), 3 Husqy riders (at least), and Bam Bam on a Gas Gas.

Safe to say Mr Lucky isn't watching.... πŸ˜†

Stetson

BAMF+
Gas Gas is my favorite motorcycle manufacturer name, but it would be cooler if it was β€œGas! Gas! Brake!”

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
So I'm watching the first 450 Heat, and Bam Bam wins it on a GasGas. A fucking GasGas!!

I'm in shock, until I find out that KTM owns 60% of GasGas, and that their MX bike is a KTM in different bodywork.

Now the 450 Supercross series is almost half KTM with 4 KTM riders (at least), 3 Husqy riders (at least), and Bam Bam on a Gas Gas.

Safe to say Mr Lucky isn't watching.... πŸ˜†
I just got to watch it Tuesday night, something with my DVR settings didn't catch on the first airing. I was impressed with Justin's ride πŸ‘. Midway through the main I thought Ken was just biding his time, but nope.....Bam Bam was rolling.

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
Never been a Barcia fan. He came in as some sort of heir-apparent superstar eight years or so ago and acted like it. I don't think he's lived up to the hype, or his own hype.
I agree, all of which added to the suprise of seeing him win like he did.

wormser77

BAMF+
Fuck the euro bikes.
Young Jet Lawrence looks to be the real deal if he can stay off the ground. I think Craig will have something for him though.
450 Class is stacked. Eli looked better in rd2 but was still given the win, he'll get stronger as the season goes on. He didn't look dominant by any means. I think Roczen may be the one to Watch. Bam Bam will do what he does, fade to 5th-10ths with no more podiums.
1st time I saw Bam Bam ride he rolled the all new crf150r out at the dealer meeting in vegas.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Adam Cianciarulo is the new James Stewart.
Fast as hell, when he's in a podium spot he crashes.

250 WEST, after a red flag, kawpuke McAdoo rides over a tuffblock placed across the track to block riders, runs right over a worker assisting a downed rider, and clips the rider laying on the track. Hey, SX is a tough sport, no penalty, McAdoo finished second in the restarted race.

OP
pimpslayer

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I know, it's been great to watch because of the level of talent. It really is anyone's guess come race time. But I foresee some epic battles between Cooper and Ken....πŸ‘
Yeah, considering the level of talent, and the fact they change the track layout between each race in the same stadium, it really points out how good Roczen is....he gets good points on the fast tracks as well as the tighter, more technical tracks.

youngzrxer

BAMF
Daytona up next, always my favorite race to watch.

Glad KTM is stepping up in the MX world. I raced KTMs back in the mid-late 90s and it was a niche brand at best in Motocross, crazy they own the sport.

Speaking of, last weekend, not a single Suzuki qualified for the main in the 450 or the 250 class :eek4: They have truly fallen off the wagon and not sure they will ever get back on.

The way in which Cooper Webb stalked and then vanquished Roczen will probably take a mental toll on Roczen, there's a lot of ways to get beat straight up and not have it be a mental defeat, this was like getting KO'd and waking up looking at the lights and wondering what just happened, dude couldnt even stay on Webb's wheel for a damn lap after the pass, just gone.......

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
250 WEST, after a red flag, kawpuke McAdoo rides over a tuffblock placed across the track to block riders, runs right over a worker assisting a downed rider, and clips the rider laying on the track. Hey, SX is a tough sport, no penalty, McAdoo finished second in the restarted race.
I saw that and thought what in the flying fuck? He must be a Democrat to get away with shit like that.

wormser77

BAMF+
The way in which Cooper Webb stalked and then vanquished Roczen will probably take a mental toll on Roczen, there's a lot of ways to get beat straight up and not have it be a mental defeat, this was like getting KO'd and waking up looking at the lights and wondering what just happened, dude couldnt even stay on Webb's wheel for a damn lap after the pass, just gone.......
Wanna put a $20 towards labs on who takes the plate?

Top Bottom