Transitioning from side to side

rumble phish

BAMF+
I haven't watched the video yet (but I will :up: ), but due to my size and the size of the bike I rode on the track (first gen Busa) I found that what works for 99% of riders out there did not work for me. I used to move my entire body and try to get as far inside, my knee out and my head out near the end of the bars as possible. But as I started getting quicker I found that this was really upsetting the bike when trying to do fast transitions (esses, double apex corners, off camber corners, etc..). What I ended up doing was keeping my ass planted (mostly) on the seat and only shifting my upper body around the tank, keeping my head low and inside. I also found that sticking a knee out was NOT helpful at all. Of course, my experience will be different than most "normal" riders.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Thanks Stu, I see I have lots of work to do. Really appreciate all your videos

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
Stuman

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Hank does not seem all that interested :) Glad you all like the videos. I've got another already filmed and I think I might film another out at the Supermoto School this weekend.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Hank does not seem all that interested :) Glad you all like the videos. I've got another already filmed and I think I might film another out at the Supermoto School this weekend.
My wife and I want to come and do the SuperMoto school with you. Do you have specific dates that you teach.

• Red
Reactions: Red

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Good stuff, thanks Stu.
What is your foot positioning like when you transition from side to side?
Does the ball of your feet remain stationary on the peg or you do move your feet around at all?

Top Bottom