track day, Thunderhill, Oct 24, 31,Nov1

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
With out a doubt the Holiday Inn Express is the best hotel in the area and I enjoy staying there.

FYI for those looking for rooms..

That said they wanted $170 a night plus fees when I called and no discount for the track........I just booked Best Western which is next door with a track discount at $109 a night. All in all at $244 OTD it's well over a $100 in total savings.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Aqualung

BAMF
We have track days (10/31 and 11/1) we have hotel (Holiday express) and.. we have trailer. After last week we decided not to ride up, but to trailer. Have a semi new Pilot 5 on the rear and getting a new 5 for the front. Going to push the FJ-09 and see how it does. Wife will be riding her z650.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
We have track days (10/31 and 11/1) we have hotel (Holiday express) and.. we have trailer. After last week we decided not to ride up, but to trailer. Have a semi new Pilot 5 on the rear and getting a new 5 for the front. Going to push the FJ-09 and see how it does. Wife will be riding her z650.
very cool, driving Friday then? I think the gate will open at 5 or so if you want to drop the trailer off at the track. There will be a few trailers in the hotel paring lot. At the hotel if you drive straight to the back theres a big field on the left that a lot of the Semi truck guys use. It pulls straight out past the subway store on the way out.

Aqualung

BAMF
We will probably leave Thursday afternoon, Should I drop the trailer off the evening of the 30th? Will it be OK at the hotel?

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
It is easier to drop it off at the track but its up to you. People park trailers at the hotel all the time. My guess is that its safer at the track though. Friday evening you can get your bikes out and give them a once over. You might want to tape your head lights, wheel weights etc. You can also park your bikes in the shop that night. Usually the gate opens at 5 or 6? and closes at midnight. There will be a few of us there that evening getting set up. When you drive over the hill to the west track you'll come down the hill to the pit area, we're on the north end of the pits.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
well it never fails, trying to kill my list of shit before I travel and I break a water line....then 5 minutes later....break another one.

I pretty much think this is Schiavo's fault.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I would think the Economy Motel would be the hot setup.

It's cheap, and it's next to a liquor store.

If I'm drunk enough, I don't even notice the bed bugs.
maybe so but the next day when the hang over sets in and you're covered in quarter sized burning welts that $30 you saved is not gonna look as good. You're gonna look like Herpes complex 9,000Z with a headache

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I would think you would be excited to get off of the island after all these months of that brutal lockdown you guys had.
I'm going aren't I...I'd rather do a 20 hour drive then spend a day in airplanes and airports. At least you have something to do when you drive.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
You've obviously had one.... 😆
Yes and the VA said: Never again!

They had to shut down a whole wing, not from the smell but, from the noise because, it was setting off the guys there recovering from shell shock.

Actually, it was something along the lines of: Tortuous and Redundant, them trying to find their way up my alimentary canal.

In short, I've got a lot of guts.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
last couple sessions tires started to get a little vague, bumped the front 33 to 34, and then the B group decided the helicopter needed to land on the track, At that point I was a little tired, 4 pm, called it and packed up. My understanding was the checkered flag was out, session was over, and someone took out someone else? Anyway, they loaded a chick up in the helicopter and flew her to Chico. Bummer deal.

When Schiavo broke all his ribs in the back they told him to walk it off.

Having dinner at Casa Rosa’s across the room I see a Socal Supermoto shirt. Stumans stomping ground.

Should see Schiavo around 4 am

Top Bottom