track day, Thunderhill, Oct 24, 31,Nov1

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
So that pain in the ass mother fucker Terry Schiavo has been harassing me to go do another track day. I've signed up for the Thunderhill 2 mile on Saturday 10/24. The provider is Fun track days

I fly in on Thursday evening, will be spending Friday at the track doing a clean up after not being there for months.

The following weekend will be with Carters 10/31 and 11/1 also on the 2 mile.

Staying in Willows both times @ holiday inn express.

Normal track rules apply. I get to make the rules, and change them after the fact, there may be taco's involved....maybe even a couple of ribeye steaks... if you want to show up, there's still openings. If you want to ride speak up quickly. Standard hospitality applies, I'll drink all the food and eat all the booze....er....yes thats how I typed it so... I think we have a couple of spots in the garage still open.

Schiavo for 10/24, Gar is more then likely coming to that too, Dino is in the high probability range for 10/31 & 11/1?, Stites probably for the same.

Austin_F

BAMF+
American Express has a thing right now, spend $175 at a hampton's and get $50 statement credit.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Is there camping at the track?
there always has been in the past. You can also "camp" in the shop if you like. There's a couch if you're the first on on it. Camping has always been limited to Friday and Saturday for the two day deals.

btw Thunderhill Covid policy is no spectators so you'll have to be crew. To qualify you just have to tell Schiavo he's a talentless dumb ass once a day and I think they'll believe you

Last edited:

Bandit Man

BAMF
there always has been in the past. You can also "camp" in the shop if you like. There's a couch if you're the first on on it. Camping has always been limited to Friday and Saturday for the two day deals.

btw Thunderhill Covid policy is no spectators so you'll have to be crew. To qualify you just have to tell Schiavo he's a talentless dumb ass once a day and I think they'll believe you
Thanks. I will know as it gets closer. I have a couple Dr. appointments every week for a while so it will come down to a time thing.

I can help out where needed dragging around my fuel injection. The shop would be perfect since I have to plug in my oxygen machine at night.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Thanks. I will know as it gets closer. I have a couple Dr. appointments every week for a while so it will come down to a time thing.

I can help out where needed dragging around my fuel injection. The shop would be perfect since I have to plug in my oxygen machine at night.
yes, absolutely you're covered

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
this year I'll be in Park City Utah for T day other wise that would be cool. I've not ridden at Button Willow yet

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
* neglected to say that pretty sure Schiavo will also ride on Saturday 10/31 but not Sunday.

The schedule shows the west track running CCW on Saturday with 10 turns. I think this means the entire west track which is more technical. If they run this way Supermoto is viable if at least not fun. Turns 8w, 9w and 10w really slow the pace.

Sunday they will run CW. They have to leave off a few turns in this configuration. You run from 1w to 7w skipping 10w, 9w, and 8w... then do the back side. Its a very very different experience and includes a little jump on the front straight (right where the 10w is) if you choose.

Its a little bit of a challenge as you go down the front straight and cant see the landing or the up coming right turn. Theres often some exciting shit that goes on right there. The liter bikes are usually off the gas right there so they tend to stay on the ground. The 600's though seem to all catch a little air if they stay on the throttle past the hill....fun times

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
im flying in/out of Sandy Eggo for those wanting to maximize their karbon footprint & kar pool from SoCal. Man look at me using all the vernacular...lol No teslas or pri-iii will be used for these schenanigans. There might be some inappropriate touching of sexy orange Austrian motorbykes. Chris Cornell will not be attending...

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Signed up for both Saturday and Sunday 10/31-11/1.

And I am not a fan of the “jump” at 10w. Weightlessness on the Warhorse is an unsettling feeling to me.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
that'd be cool Scott, anything I can do to help let me know
Thanks dude. I just need to try and get several things moved around. The positive thing (if that's even the appropriate term) about this, is it gets me up to Modesto, to see a friend for likely the last time before cancer takes him. I've been trying to figure out how/when to get up there, and now I'll try to combine the visit with the track day.

S.C.

Dino

wrist twister...
I'm planning on being there. Will try to ride Saturday, and decide from there. Might have to duct tape my hands to the bars. Looking forward to seeing my chums!

Stites

I'm planning on being there. Will try to ride Saturday, and decide from there. Might have to duct tape my hands to the bars. Looking forward to seeing my chums!

You can ride the casting couch Sunday and I am sure TS will want to lather you in butter for whatever is you two do at night in the hotel

Stites

Hey Stites. Remember the TLR only made about 125hp. So it would just barely lift the rear tire but it would wheeeeeeeeelie

Yes sir! When we were running it downhill is when I had the uneasy feeling, no problem jumping it in the opposite direction but to "drop" down while on the brakes to try and make that hairpin right hander......it's a nope for me!!

I did really well with it the last few times we road it but I did blow the corner one time and ended up in the dirt as I was going to fast and there was no way I was making the corner. I think there was a handful of people who fucked it up that day, but mine is the most memorable.

Looking forward to seeing you bro

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Anti Clockwise. Normal direction. I haven’t run it reversed yet
its significantly different when you're CW. Like Stites said, for most people if they're on the brakes going over it, your forks are compressed then it drops away, its a weird feeling.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Already doing two weeks down at the Dragon and surrounding areas the next two weeks.. I would have tried to get out there otherwise. Looks like next season for any Western adventures for me. Have fun out there.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Thanks dude. I just need to try and get several things moved around. The positive thing (if that's even the appropriate term) about this, is it gets me up to Modesto, to see a friend for likely the last time before cancer takes him. I've been trying to figure out how/when to get up there, and now I'll try to combine the visit with the track day.

S.C.
yep, visit your buddy while you can.

If you wanna do a couple laps I think we can cover you, or you can ride the Busa too, it'd be a work out for sure but lots of fun :up:

either way it'd be good to have you there

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Already doing two weeks down at the Dragon and surrounding areas the next two weeks.. I would have tried to get out there otherwise. Looks like next season for any Western adventures for me. Have fun out there.
Paul, you need to come, otherwise what are you gonna do after your trip to the dragon...come have some food, hang out, have a time. Life's short, we're hear for a good time not for a long time. Ride if you want to or what ever. :up:

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I think we're all gonna ride in B+ as long as we have enough bikes. We can still move into A and double the riders but until then I think everyone in the same group. Carters is really good at moving people if need.

Top Bottom