Toyota patents automatic tear gas release

Z

BAMF+
:up: To deter,,,,, car theft. :yahoo:

Some of us still like to live by the motto that manual transmissions defer car theft—a good, if dying, sentiment. But most don’t subscribe to that mindset, so it’s about time automakers come up with a new one. Perhaps that’s why Toyota just filed for a vehicle fragrance dispenser with a tear-gas setting.

Nothing like some good ol’ tear gas in place of that third pedal, right?

CNET found a Toyota patent from March 7 for just that. The patent is mainly for a fragrance dispenser that can spray different fragrances based on the person it identifies as being in the car, as well as deodorizers when the person gets out in order to set the car up for the next smell. But it isn’t just about fragrances. If the car decides there’s been an “illegitimate engine start attempt,” it can whack the person attempting to start the engine in the face with some tear gas.

https://jalopnik.com/toyota-patented-a-fragrance-dispenser-that-can-also-hit-1833210029

Pat830

BAMF
What happens when a criminal says their rights were violated and finds a scumbag lawyer to file suit?

Austin_F

BAMF+
What happens when the neighbor kid breaks in the car and gets maced? The equivalent of climbing a fence and drowning in a pool.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
What happens when the neighbor kid breaks in the car and gets maced? The equivalent of climbing a fence and drowning in a pool.
Everybody needs to get maced at least once in their life. It builds character, just like a good ass whipping.

I even think everyone graduating H.S. needs to go through a Gas Chamber like at Parris Island. Minus the D.I.s, that would be too much.

They survive, not like drowning...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
When I was a kid, we "found" a tear gas gun. It looked kind of like a derringer, but shot out tear gas. We found out right away, the hard way, don't shoot the thing into the wind.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
When I was a kid, we "found" a tear gas gun. It looked kind of like a derringer, but shot out tear gas. We found out right away, the hard way, don't shoot the thing into the wind.
Fake news. I dont think you were ever in South Dakota either. I think you've been grumping around the everglades for sixty years.

_schiavo told me so.

Drakhen

BAMF
What kind of shitty neighborhood do you live in where you EXPECT that to happen at some point?

Top Bottom